38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Agreed. I don't see an issue here. I don't think he is racist either. It's unfortunate and I am sorry for the upcoming ban on Nigeria, I empathize with all of you and it's really sad. At the end of the day, it's your money - engage whatever lawyer you deem appropriate. Best of luck. 

1 hour ago, Donald120383 said:

is the ban because nigeria would not take back their deported citizens nor is it willing to share data with US ?

I don’t think a country can refuse to take back its citizens, It’s not permissible for them to leave a person stateless.. the only way they could do this, is if the person was a dual national with another country, then citizenship can be revoked for a significant reason, e.g. known terrorist 

the ban is due to information sharing or lack there of

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

I don’t think a country can refuse to take back its citizens, It’s not permissible for them to leave a person stateless.. the only way they could do this, is if the person was a dual national with another country, then citizenship can be revoked for a significant reason, e.g. known terrorist 

That is certainly the UK position, sadly many Countries do not take back their citizens.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

33 minutes ago, Boiler said:

That is certainly the UK position, sadly many Countries do not take back their citizens.

Article 12.. right to return to own country.. un convention international covenant on civil and political rights.. looks like the majority of countries signed it..with ref to African countries excludes South Sudan and West Seirria

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Covenant_on_Civil_and_Political_Rights

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The theory and the practice.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, kellygram said:

Hopefully, you would find some peace in your mind..

We also hired the lawyer, but they made so many errors submitting documents and actually made us 2-3 months of case delays.

The sad thing is our case is under issue again, but the lawyer's office is not helpful.

It's been a long time we lost the trust within our lawyer, so if possible better to find someone who really cares about your case.

I cannot simply recommend go through this journey by yourselves considering travel ban...

Anyway, Good luck!

We wouldn't have hired an attorney if we knew about visa journey but he has been paid before we go to know about visa journey and there is nothing we can do than to let him do the work he was paid to do

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

I'm not sure what you actually need help with here.  If you are unhappy with the service of the immigration lawyer you've hired, why keep using him?

He has been paid in full to do his job.. Moreso we are at nvc stage we can't just go through the stress of looking for another immigration attorney 

Timeline
6 hours ago, tmac99 said:

Agreed. I don't see an issue here. I don't think he is racist either. It's unfortunate and I am sorry for the upcoming ban on Nigeria, I empathize with all of you and it's really sad. At the end of the day, it's your money - engage whatever lawyer you deem appropriate. Best of luck. 

Wither he is a racist or he lack good communication with his client.. What kinda lawyer keep mute about an issue that affect his client and even when we brought it to his attention what he had to utter was that 'if we have issue with the travel ban take it up with Trump' does that speak well of a good attorney 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Marieke H said:

Why would his response mean that he is a racist? There is no reason to assume this has anything to do with race. He's probably just overwhelmed with the number of questions he is getting. 

Find a lawyer with better communication and people skills, if you feel you really need one.

Is either he is a racist or he lack good communication 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Donald120383 said:

is the ban because nigeria would not take back their deported citizens nor is it willing to share data with US ?

The ban is because of security reason, information sharing between the two country is not up to par allegedly... Buy what baffles everyone is the fact that non_immigrant is not ban 

Timeline
6 hours ago, tmac99 said:

Thank you.. We are hoping the Nigeria will be taking off the ban list in a single digit month as they say

Edited by Fidel

Timeline
6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

There is no way to really evaluate whether someone is truly racist from this brief, out of context exchange.  He could be, who really knows? None of us were there. But if I were the OP,  I certainly would not keep the services lawyer who I felt had some type of bias against me.  

Hopefully Nigeria can fix their internal issues and policy issues that led to this ban, and it can be reversed.

My wife also felt the same thing you felt.. She wanted to write him to stop being our attorney but I had to stop her because we are at the nvc stage and he has being paid in full so let him just finisj what he started... I believe good communication should be number one priority of an immigration attorney.. The fact that he never say anything to us about the ban speaks volume, even though is all over the news is still his job to address us about it nevertheless we brought it to his attention and he never deem fit to say anything still not until I took it upon myself before he split this 'if you have problem with the ban take it up with Trump' 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Fidel said:

Is either he is a racist or he lack good communication 

My attorney also did not contact me about the ban. I contacted him and he didn't even take time out to read the details of the ban and replied back with generic answer that left me even more confused on what to do. Now I would say he is a lazy pathetic lawyer but I would never call him racist. That is a harsh allegation to call someone without proof!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

The ban is due to lack of information sharing 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.