dwheels76

Refused Visa because of Facebook choices???

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

And everyone who read this thread slowly backs away to check their Facebook settings 🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️💃💃💃 😂😂

You evil🤣🤣🤣

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

21 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

One thing he did say was he use to have over 500 friends from all nationalities, but deleted them after marriage (jealousy of wife)

Two questions:

1) Did he not have any guy friends of other nationalities? I'm sure the wife wouldn't have had a problem with that

2) If he didn't have any guy friends, then why would he have only had women as friends on his Facebook? 

Both of the above mentioned seem highly suspicious to me... 1) because it sounds like the jealousy would be made up and 2) because this screams scam in my opinion. If I were a CO, only having US friends and then having that above mentioned reason as rational would ring some serious alarm bells!

Edited by B&C2017

Marriage: 03/16/2018 ❤️💍👱‍♀️🧑
Birth of our daughter: 11/24/2018 👶🥰

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019 😃
I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/03/2019 
I-130 NOA1 received: 10/08/2019 --> Assigned to Nebraska Service Center 😩
I-129F (K3) submitted: 11/01/2019 :idea:

I-129F (K3) USCIS Lockbox received: 11/06/2019 

I-129F (K3) NOA1 received: 11/14/2019 😃🙏🏻
I-130 approved: 05/21/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center 🥳❤️

NVC Stage
Case Number received: 05/22/2020 —> via Email 😃
Paid IV and AOS fee: 05/23/2020
IV fee processed (AOS fee is stuck😭) 05/28/2020
Submitted IV application and civil documents: 06/02/2020
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 
AOS fee finally marked as payed: 06/10/2020 🥳

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
22 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Posting for a friend. Country is Nigeria.

Male friend had interview and was asked the usual questions

1. What's her name?

2. How did you met?

3. How many times did she visit?

4. Does she have children?

5. Do you have children?

The issue was on the How you met. Seems the CO was not convinced of their relationship and has asked him to write a letter of statement why he only request Americans as friends?

Has anyone heard of such a thing? How does one address such a situation? One thing he did say was he use to have over 500 friends from all nationalities, but deleted them after marriage (jealousy of wife) and now reduced to about 60 friends all who are family friends and all American. Which I told him looks suspect.

Seems wild the Embassy went back and look at the log if friends and deleted friends. Could this be the issue?

Seeking help and advice how to address this matter.

I have seen at least a couple other cases where searching for an American spouse had been mentioned in a denial letter, but not this scenario of writing a letter.  Were there other red flags like age gap or whirlwind courtship and marriage which might have added to the suspicion?

I'm tagging this as "Tales of the Green card" for future reference.    Thanks for posting this interesting case.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

The issue was on the How you met. Seems the CO was not convinced of their relationship and has asked him to write a letter of statement why he only request Americans as friends?

If the CO was not convinced of their relationship, I would suggest that he send additional evidence that the marriage is bona fide with the letter explaining the Facebook situation.

As a side note, I am a big believer in using Facebook to get a better idea of someone's true intentions and their personality traits.  One of the first things my husband and I did, after we first met online, was to become friends on Facebook so that we could see everything posted, friends, patterns of comments, photos, and it was very helpful in addition to other background searches on Google that we both did.  Doing this gave us more trust in each other when we did not see anything of concern.  It's good to know that US immigration officials are doing the same thing.

Edited by carmel34

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Assuming the Facebook situation os what we think it is, how do you explain it?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

9 hours ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

This is the kind of thoroughness by consular officers I applaud, no the arbitrary refusals that are all too common.

Or maybe the arbitrary refusals are not so arbitrary, just that the poster either doesn’t know the exact reason or doesn’t reveal it on FB. Entirely possible to believe, for example, that at least some of the good number of denials that the USC fiancé/spouse complains about on here are for similar reasons, but of  course the foreign fiancé/spouse is not going to tell them they still have a bunch of prospects lined up on the Internet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Went fishing, caught a fish?

I think the issue is the technique used, long lining in this case, probably would have been ok with a rod.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.