B&ANZ

I-130 February 2020 Filers

341 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, coe23 said:

How did you find out that you were transferred. And is it possible to request for a transfer to a faster center?

I didn’t find out it was transferred until I was approved.  As far as I know you can’t transfer, it’s something that’s done internally. Usually it seems to be a good thing. 

19 minutes ago, coe23 said:

How did you find out that you were transferred. And is it possible to request for a transfer to a faster center?

USCIS live chat and ask. No you cannot request transfers, it how they manage the workload. Processing times can also change weekly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/17/2020 at 12:36 AM, Jammin19 said:

I submitted on 2/26/20(wish I did b4 the public charge rule came in effect on 2/24/20)

haven’t received any RFE, so hopefully we will get our approval any day now. 🤞
I’m Texas processing center

fill out your timeline

On 7/30/2020 at 7:32 PM, coe23 said:

imagine you could do this? then which one would be the fastest? because everyone would do it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 3:52 AM, FayeAlexandra said:

USCIS live chat and ask. No you cannot request transfers, it how they manage the workload. Processing times can also change weekly.

Hi, can I ask where is this USCIS live chat located? Trynna find it but I can’t. This isn’t the same as AskEmma or is it? Thanks 

3 hours ago, Ana Reis said:

Hi, can I ask where is this USCIS live chat located? Trynna find it but I can’t. This isn’t the same as AskEmma or is it? Thanks 

Yes its ask emma and then go through the options till you get a live agent. However they aren't updating things quick enough due to covid so sometimes you may get conflicting info. Best way is to log into your USCIS account and check the history log 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

fill out your timeline

imagine you could do this? then which one would be the fastest? because everyone would do it.

I guess but when other centers are around 4-7 months and Potomac is lagging seriously behind, it just makes you wish that you could do something about it. Then you see ppl that filed after you are getting approvals.  This whole thing is frustrating 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
31 minutes ago, coe23 said:

I guess but when other centers are around 4-7 months and Potomac is lagging seriously behind, it just makes you wish that you could do something about it. Then you see ppl that filed after you are getting approvals.  This whole thing is frustrating 

Please don’t be frustrated because others are getting approved before you. Every case is different, situation is different, evidence / documents that you submit are different.  You WILL eventually be approved. Unfortunately COVID-19 has slowed things down.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Hi everyone. A little late to the party, but still would like to share experience. Any one here upgraded their I-130 from F2A (spouse of permanent resident) to IR1/CR1 (spouse of a USC)? We filed our I-130 when I was still a permanent resident on 2/2/2020 (NOA1 received 2/3/2020) and upgraded our case on 3/16/2020. We haven't heard ever since. Case was last touched on May 22. Case initially at Potomac, then transferred to Texas after an upgrade. 

Hi everyone

We submit the the I-140 package by courier at mid Feb 2020

But we are still haven't received anything.

My husband called the office few times, and they replied they sent the noa1 already and still processing but we wait for about 1 and half month we still haven't received anything. We only want to have the reference number then we can check online 😥😥

My husband had fill the g-1145 form, but he do not received any email, sms message.

I am so worry about that 😥😥

8 hours ago, ghostkate said:

Hi everyone

We submit the the I-140 package by courier at mid Feb 2020

But we are still haven't received anything.

My husband called the office few times, and they replied they sent the noa1 already and still processing but we wait for about 1 and half month we still haven't received anything. We only want to have the reference number then we can check online 😥😥

My husband had fill the g-1145 form, but he do not received any email, sms message.

I am so worry about that 😥😥

If they are able to check the status and tell you that they sent NOA1, they can give you the receipt number too. Ask for the receipt number and start tracking online.

2 hours ago, onek said:

If they are able to check the status and tell you that they sent NOA1, they can give you the receipt number too. Ask for the receipt number and start tracking online.

Ohh... Really?!  As my husband said they will not disclose anything on the phone...so.....

That's great I will ask my husband to call again next week. 

Many thanks for the information 

11 hours ago, onek said:

Also we have one more question

As my husband date of birth in the social security record is wrong, he tried to correct it for few times.

But till now the social security have not update his record now.

Will it also affect our application processing ?

29 minutes ago, ghostkate said:

Also we have one more question

As my husband date of birth in the social security record is wrong, he tried to correct it for few times.

But till now the social security have not update his record now.

Will it also affect our application processing ?

Let’s first worry about receipt number of your case. Meanwhile he can visit SS office with evidence of his correct DOB and get it fixed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.