Chilindas

POTOMAC (YSC) I-751 Non Transferred Filers ONLY...

1,263 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Rafagus said:

November 2021, still waiting

I am hoping you hear something soon.  They are currently working on Apr-Jun 2021, so it might take a couple of more months. 😕 But, hoping it is sooner for you!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline

I wonder why they think it is normal to make people wait for two years and more? Their delay looks like one of the things that make us think to pack and leave to my home country. They think too much of themselves, like absolutely everybody dreams of US, and wants to wait forever for their case to be looked at? Not really. And their mania for numerous interviews is odd. Always felt awkward, uncomfortable and gross displaying personal family photos and intimate correspondence to them to “prove your case is bona fide”. It’s like  somebody stranger picking through your soiled laundry. Private life must remain private, or American so-called freedoms exist only on paper. 

4 hours ago, Rrrr said:

I wonder why they think it is normal to make people wait for two years and more? Their delay looks like one of the things that make us think to pack and leave to my home country. They think too much of themselves, like absolutely everybody dreams of US, and wants to wait forever for their case to be looked at? Not really. And their mania for numerous interviews is odd. Always felt awkward, uncomfortable and gross displaying personal family photos and intimate correspondence to them to “prove your case is bona fide”. It’s like  somebody stranger picking through your soiled laundry. Private life must remain private, or American so-called freedoms exist only on paper. 

Why does it make you want to pack up and leave? ROC delays have zero impact on our ability to do anything, so I really don’t see the issue?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, MuskyOne said:

Why does it make you want to pack up and leave? ROC delays have zero impact on our ability to do anything, so I really don’t see the issue?

Regardless, I still feel it’s very disrespectful - to make people wait that long. And it’s weird to demand that people share with them intimate stuff to prove “relationship”. That always bothered me. Nobody should put their nose into somebody’s family correspondence and private life. I came here just for my husband, but we had enough of their attitude like they are mega stars and the best country on the earth. Four years here, I live worse than I did at home. Back in my country I had free health care, free education, 3 years paid maternity leave. Each to their own I guess, just didn’t work out for us. 

5 hours ago, Rrrr said:

and in some cases, after making people wait for years, then USCIS sends an RFE to prove that the marriage is still going on. 

In our case having to prove the relationship for the fiance visa, with the first interview at the embassy, preparing hundreds of pages of evidence for the 485 nerve-wracking  interview, countless of sleepless nights, thousands of dollars spent, hundred of pages more of evidence for the 751, and 2 years later, still no definitive answer.

at this point not sure if applying for the N400 is better than keeping on waiting.

3 hours ago, Rafagus said:

at this point not sure if applying for the N400 is better than keeping on waiting.

If applying for citizenship is something you want you can do it the moment you're eligible, no need to wait until the I-751 is done

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It seems they are finally getting around to my case. I filed for removal of conditions in July 2021; then changed to a divorce waiver back in May 2022 (sent them a letter and they had marked it as received.) Just received an update that they finally changed the name in my application (I had requested for them to change it to my maiden name.) Hopefully will get another update soon. Fingers crossed.

21 hours ago, alefonck said:

It seems they are finally getting around to my case. I filed for removal of conditions in July 2021; then changed to a divorce waiver back in May 2022 (sent them a letter and they had marked it as received.) Just received an update that they finally changed the name in my application (I had requested for them to change it to my maiden name.) Hopefully will get another update soon. Fingers crossed.

Yes, they are working May-July 2021 now.

Hoping you get to hear something within the next few weeks!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Hi my lovely YSC filers.

Any idea how fast can uscis process RFE

I am May 2021 filer, I received a RFE on 15th Feb, and sent the response back to USCIS last week, and as of yesterday, the online status shows 'Response To USCIS' Request for Evidence Was Received'.

I can't find much information anywhere in terms of timeline, not sure if anyone has any data points to share?

And with RFE, if let's say I don't hear back from them within the normal processing timeline (32.5 months), can I still contact USCIS? 

Thanks!

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

4 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

Hi my lovely YSC filers.

Any idea how fast can uscis process RFE

I am May 2021 filer, I received a RFE on 15th Feb, and sent the response back to USCIS last week, and as of yesterday, the online status shows 'Response To USCIS' Request for Evidence Was Received'.

I can't find much information anywhere in terms of timeline, not sure if anyone has any data points to share?

And with RFE, if let's say I don't hear back from them within the normal processing timeline (32.5 months), can I still contact USCIS? 

Thanks!

Typically it would take a few months according to what I've read in VJ threads. I don't have data to support it though.

I also received a RFE this week. What did they ask y'all ? I haven't seen mine since I'm traveling and saw it in the informed delivery 

1 hour ago, Nelson0308 said:

I also received a RFE this week. What did they ask y'all ? I haven't seen mine since I'm traveling and saw it in the informed delivery 

Each case is unique.

Most likely more marital evidence if you didn't submit enough. What all did you submit?

Edited by OldUser

9 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Each case is unique.

Most likely more marital evidence if you didn't submit enough. What all did you submit?

I know every case is unique I was just curious. I've seen some other ppl also get rfes recently that also filed during the same time frame I did, Could be a coincidence.

About what i sent. 243 pages of evidence

Bank statements (joint)

Credit card statements(joint)

Joint car loan

Family pictures 

Boarding passes 

Copies of joint leases 

Copies of ids with the same address

Joint cell phone bills .

Proof we work together and she reffered me

All you can think of as evidence, i did submit a divorce waiver at some point so maybe they want a certified copy.

Edited by Nelson0308

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.