Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, James120383 said:

Spoke to Rep again today. Now they are declining to transfer to Level 2 for Biometrics appointment questions and they are getting nasty and rude. 

I tried today too, also wouldnt put me through. But she was nice, since my biometrics was scheduled she told me to just wait for the mail, that it was sent out Monday. Tier 1 can at least tell you if its been scheduled or not. Better then nothing.

Hey, do you guys know if it's a bad idea to put in my own expedite request when my senator's office is also reaching out to USCIS? I wanna do anything in my power to get a new appointment, but I am worried that making too expedite requests (one personally and one through senator) may end up backfiring? Any thoughts? 

Also, I am debating doing the thing where I send in my original notice with the reschedule option checked. Don't know if that does anything either though. Did any of you try that? So many questions...

31 minutes ago, James120383 said:

yeah i spoke to another one later.  Wait time is now 360 minutes. Yeah i think that one was rude and boy they are getting annoying as hell

Ugh, annoying. For tier 2 I assume? Let us know what they tell you

Edited by Basil123

4 minutes ago, Basil123 said:

Also, I am debating doing the thing where I send in my original notice with the reschedule option checked. Don't know if that does anything either though. Did any of you try that? So many questions...

I did that, after someone posted that they read it on some other forum. They and I both have been informed by Tier 1/2 that we have been rescheduled for a new appointment. Is it because we ticked the box and mailed? 🤷‍♂️ ...but we both have new appointments. Can't say 100% sure that is the reason, but it was a better option then doing nothing.

27 minutes ago, bodgie19 said:

I did that, after someone posted that they read it on some other forum. They and I both have been informed by Tier 1/2 that we have been rescheduled for a new appointment. Is it because we ticked the box and mailed? 🤷‍♂️ ...but we both have new appointments. Can't say 100% sure that is the reason, but it was a better option then doing nothing.

yes that is exactly the reason. 

duh

@James120383 could be, with USCIS anything could mean anything. I've learned not to get my hopes when I hear or do something, but to continue to find avenues for getting my case going. If that is the reason, then I'm glad and more should attempt it. Making progress slowly, and I'm sure the rest of us will too.

15 hours ago, Magna said:

001.png.1f19c84a1c8791d7a5d37c2fa94aaad7.png

I finally did my biometric done today. The Minneapolis ASC appears to have 4 fingerprinting devices, but, as we all know due to the COVID-19, only 2 are used at this time. I arrived at the ASC parking lot 25 minutes before the scheduled time and entered the ASC 15 minutes before the scheduled time, and there are 6 applicants including me; 2 appear to be there far earlier than my scheduled time (the reason why I think so is he talked with staff talking about some issues, and he and his son left after discussion);1 finished his biometric, but he did small talk with staff (and I believe I didn't see him getting into the entrance, so he should be there before 25 minutes my scheduled time); 1 entered right before me; 1 appears to come next to me. I was there 15 minutes after my scheduled time to see who else get into there, but I didn't see any. 

BTW, I'm a bit worried about my fingerprint since there was an issue of scanning one of my fingerprints, but the staff simply ignored the message. I may be crazy if I need to go there again...

I had the same issue, the warning sign appears when one of your fingers doesn't match the "stamp" (4 finger) image. It shouldn't affect the overall outcome, I believe. My opinions is that it's just an alert for the ASC staff to make sure it's not borked.

15 hours ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

To add to celebrations, I guess. 

I just received case update on my EAD case status - new card is being produced. 

No biometrics were collected.my ASC is open since 7/13. Weird. 

Also last week I requested expedite for I-485. Today it was accepted and additional clarification requested. Not sure  if that had any influence on the card production. 

Congratulations! That's an excellent outcome.

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/10/2020 at 9:16 AM, OhShush said:

When did your get receive her EAD? Because I got my EAD in the mail almost 2 weeks ago and I haven’t gotten my SSN in the mail yet.

For the name thing with SSN, you could try calling the SSA office. They’ll probably ask you to mail some original documents.

7-28 was the ead approval notice.

4 hours ago, Basil123 said:

Hey, do you guys know if it's a bad idea to put in my own expedite request when my senator's office is also reaching out to USCIS? I wanna do anything in my power to get a new appointment, but I am worried that making too expedite requests (one personally and one through senator) may end up backfiring? Any thoughts? 

Ugh, annoying. For tier 2 I assume? Let us know what they tell you

spoke 2 another level 2 dbag today. Completely rude dude.. kept repeating same nonsense that you have to wait. Looks like service is getting worst day by day.  Nasty people working there now.

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, James120383 said:

spoke 2 another level 2 dbag today. Completely rude dude.. kept repeating same nonsense that you have to wait. Looks like service is getting worst day by day.  Nasty people working there now.

They're getting annoyed by the job they have to do. As I always say, if you're in hell, you might as well hug the devil...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, Amaterasu said:

I had the same issue, the warning sign appears when one of your fingers doesn't match the "stamp" (4 finger) image. It shouldn't affect the overall outcome, I believe. My opinions is that it's just an alert for the ASC staff to make sure it's not borked.

I had the same issue with one of my fingers as well. I asked if we should repeat it, and she "no, it's fine". They repeat the same process tens of times a day, so I think we can safely assume that they know how to get the fingerprints right.

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

4 hours ago, bodgie19 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. Might as well try it I guess, I got nothing to lose really

Just wondering if I'm doing too many things at once, and if I need to wait for outcomes from the other help I requested. Who knows:/

47 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

They're getting annoyed by the job they have to do. As I always say, if you're in hell, you might as well hug the devil...

may be all of them are getting laid off 

duh

US immigration services set to furlough two-thirds of its workers after coronavirus stimulus talks fail

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/08/11/covid-19-stimulus-deal-us-immigration-services-plans-furloughs/3344178001/

USCIS (I'm sure not all of them; the guys high up there and the boss of them) hasn't given up to go into furlough and to stop all the processes!

Edited by Magna

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@fromsweden this might affect your travel. Be on the lookout as there are plans to keep out even US citizens. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53740840

Edited by mat2291

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.