Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fabianafcm said:

I got my biometrics appointment in the mail!! FINALLY! USCIS is no help at all. I called on Friday because I was out of town for the whole week and they said I was in line to get it done but I wasn't scheduled yet. Came home yesterday night and the letter was there. My appointment is tomorrow. Anyone knows how long until I get my EAP/AP approval? I am so happy, thank God!

•  

Wow! It’s a good thing you got back when you did. 

I woke up at 5:00 am in the west coast to call USCIS, 

and was hoping I can get a call back from a tier 2 officer to re-schedule my biometrics.

But still, tier1 wouldn't transfer for me.

They kept saying tier 2 officer would say the same thing and tell me to wait for 90 days after office re-open.

so frustrating☹️

I saw a post on reddit saying that for people without EAD card at hand,

they could still work if the employer use E-verify to verify employment authorization.

I tried to do e-verify self-check online,

but I couldn't finish the process because system couldn't create questions for me... (not sure what's wrong)

Does anyone have any insight on whether I can use e-verify to show my employment authorization?

(I got approval on EAD, but I don't have biometrics done yet.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Q&Y said:

I woke up at 5:00 am in the west coast to call USCIS, 

and was hoping I can get a call back from a tier 2 officer to re-schedule my biometrics.

But still, tier1 wouldn't transfer for me.

They kept saying tier 2 officer would say the same thing and tell me to wait for 90 days after office re-open.

so frustrating☹️

I saw a post on reddit saying that for people without EAD card at hand,

they could still work if the employer use E-verify to verify employment authorization.

I tried to do e-verify self-check online,

but I couldn't finish the process because system couldn't create questions for me... (not sure what's wrong)

Does anyone have any insight on whether I can use e-verify to show my employment authorization?

(I got approval on EAD, but I don't have biometrics done yet.)

I am in the same boat (approved but no biometrics). I did manage to speak to a tier 2 yesterday and they just provided the same information as the tier 1. Basically said there was nothing they could do and that I had to wait. I pointed out that I only missed by biometrics by 2 days and that my ASC has been open for 3 weeks now so they clearly aren't scheduling in order - she didnt really have an answer for that, fobbed me off reading from her script and then pretty much said good bye and hung up.

I also just tried the e-verify thing too and it wouldn't produce the questions for me either. I was under the impression you had to wait for EAD in hand though 😕

Timeline
Just now, Frankcastlle said:

You need to have financial records like a credit card and a credit score for e-verify to be able to generate questions. 

I have managed to get a US Amex credit card as they used by UK credit score. Not sure they have reported anything to the credit agencies yet though as only had it for just over a month.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, fromsweden said:

But she'd have it if I retrieved the card for her and met her in country C before re-entering USA

You need to understand that having EAD does not mean you can leave the US. You would need to have Advanced Parole (AP) document before leaving. Also, having AP does not mean that you are guaranteed entry on your return. That discretion is left to the CBP official at your Point of Entry. Atleast, this was what my lawyer told me. She advised me to suspend travel outside the US until Green Card is in my hand.  You may also want to reconsider traveling to Mexico. The Trump administration is considering ways to restrict entry on the US-Mexico border that could include US citizens and lawful permanent residents over coronavirus concern.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/10/politics/us-mexico-border-administration-coronavirus/index.html

15 hours ago, James120383 said:

OMG you got notice today for tomorrows appointment. 

I expect this to be occurring more often due to the kneecapping of the USPS. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing people receive their appointment letters AFTER their appointments.
----------------------------------

My case updated on USCIS to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken". Feels like a step backwards from "Case Was Approved" 😅

My abridged timeline is:

2020-02-14: Case filed
2020-02-19: NOA1
2020-07-15: EAD Approved
2020-08-10: Biometrics taken

Going to keep an eye out for when the card begins printing, assuming that this will happen considering events being out of order.

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

1 hour ago, TDB said:

I have managed to get a US Amex credit card as they used by UK credit score. Not sure they have reported anything to the credit agencies yet though as only had it for just over a month.

Is there any resource online that you could point me to take a look into this?

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

Timeline
1 minute ago, Amaterasu said:

Is there any resource online that you could point me to take a look into this?

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/customer-service/global-card-relationship/

I think you have to have a card in the other country though for them to look at it (I had my UK amex since 2018).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, MachinatorX said:

You need to understand that having EAD does not mean you can leave the US. You would need to have Advanced Parole (AP) document before leaving. Also, having AP does not mean that you are guaranteed entry on your return. That discretion is left to the CBP official at your Point of Entry. Atleast, this was what my lawyer told me. She advised me to suspend travel outside the US until Green Card is in my hand.  You may also want to reconsider traveling to Mexico. The Trump administration is considering ways to restrict entry on the US-Mexico border that could include US citizens and lawful permanent residents over coronavirus concern.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/10/politics/us-mexico-border-administration-coronavirus/index.html

1) the card I'm referring to is actually a combo card with AP. 

2) I just can't imagine a scenario where Trump does not allow (and is permitted to) restrict entry of US Citizens to America. Don't think it's constitutional. 

1 hour ago, fromsweden said:

1) the card I'm referring to is actually a combo card with AP. 

2) I just can't imagine a scenario where Trump does not allow (and is permitted to) restrict entry of US Citizens to America. Don't think it's constitutional. 

we never know we are living under retarded leaders. next you know america will become germany pre world war 2 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.