Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Pamola said:

Got our notice in the mail today. We were notified of our interview being scheduled on Sept. 28th via the case tracker and the NOA today says a Nov. 3rd interview date at 8am. It seems like early mornings are a good sign so hoping that holds true!

I'll update here following the interview. 

Congrats! 🎉 What's your field office? 

Is anyone from LA got an interview notice? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/6/2020 at 9:50 AM, probingoduke said:

So attempt 1 got blocked. Apparently the Tier 1 agent refused to connect with Tier 2 agent stating that she can mark the 'out of processing time' request herself and I don't need to talk to a tier 2 agent. I mentioned over 4 times in different parts of the call that my case has fingerprints applied and has been sitting for 2 months without any activity and I'm hoping to get more information from a Tier 2 agent on what's happening. Well, I will try tomorrow to talk to a tier 2 agent again. 

Attempt day 2 got blocked as well. Apparently, no new action has been performed thus transfer to Tier 2 is not necessary. A new information from Tier 1 agent- 'You just need to attend biometrics once even if the biometrics letter does not mention all your applications. The case will automatically transfer the biometrics between all applications.'

I have seen contradicting information as we all know folks who attended multiple biometrics appointment but this is good information for anyone who gets a bio appointment after attending one. 

3 minutes ago, probingoduke said:

Attempt day 2 got blocked as well. Apparently, no new action has been performed thus transfer to Tier 2 is not necessary. A new information from Tier 1 agent- 'You just need to attend biometrics once even if the biometrics letter does not mention all your applications. The case will automatically transfer the biometrics between all applications.'

I have seen contradicting information as we all know folks who attended multiple biometrics appointment but this is good information for anyone who gets a bio appointment after attending one. 

In our case, we just had the biometrics for Code 2(I-765). They refused to take bio for Code 3(i 485). So i guess we will have to go for another bio appointment for our 485.

43 minutes ago, MNH said:

In our case, we just had the biometrics for Code 2(I-765). They refused to take bio for Code 3(i 485). So i guess we will have to go for another bio appointment for our 485.

lol so efficient processing 

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/5/2020 at 11:01 AM, B3M said:

Hey guys I've been noticing this pattern in USCIS processing times, for EAD 765 in National benefit Center.

Yesterday I've seen the Receipt date for a case inquiry as 19 February.

Today I checked and it's in 21 February.

So my point is, I think they are actually approving the February EADs based on postmark date, and It increases everyday as long as they keep going further.

Can anyone confirm this for me? has anyone filed before 20 and didn't get their EAD approved yet?

It would be great to have a way to tell EAD progress thru this!

Have a great day all! 

ead765.png

I filed BEFORE the 20th on the 11th, my husband got his EAD August 14th I believe.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

I filed BEFORE the 20th on the 11th, my husband got his EAD August 14th I believe.

Thanks for your reply, I was slightly confused when I wrote that post.

The receipt they give you there is just the allowed one to submit an inquiry about outside normal processing times and I thought it meant something else. 

Anyway getting ready to wait and wait more time..

It's very upsetting seeing so many people that filled in June or July already got their EAD and we are lost in the system 😕

Timeline
On 10/7/2020 at 10:52 AM, probingoduke said:

Update day 3. No talk with tier 2 agent today either. You can only reach them via the phone system and not the chat apparently. Its been 2 days since my service request and today's new information is that the 'out of normal processing time' special requests are generally addressed between 15-30 days.

1 hour ago, probingoduke said:

Update day 3. No talk with tier 2 agent today either. You can only reach them via the phone system and not the chat apparently. Its been 2 days since my service request and today's new information is that the 'out of normal processing time' special requests are generally addressed between 15-30 days.

I wouldn't hold your breath for the 15-30 day timeframe -- I submitted an out of normal processing time inquiry for my I-131 in August with a "you'll hear by" date of September 22. The service request hasn't even been assigned for processing yet as of this morning 🤣.

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

40 minutes ago, LilyKins said:

I wouldn't hold your breath for the 15-30 day timeframe -- I submitted an out of normal processing time inquiry for my I-131 in August with a "you'll hear by" date of September 22. The service request hasn't even been assigned for processing yet as of this morning 🤣.

I agree they tell you all kinds of BS to end the call as fast as they can. Not all every now and then if you call enough you'll finally get someone who cares enough to help.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I agree they tell you all kinds of BS to end the call as fast as they can. Not all every now and then if you call enough you'll finally get someone who cares enough to help.

1 hour ago, LilyKins said:

2 hours ago, probingoduke said:

Oh yeah, certainly not holding any High hopes on them keeping to their word. I have been following other folks here who went the special request route and never got any update.

just sharing the absurd unaccountability that comes out in all this.

3 hours ago, VIP_LadyLuck said:

Congratulations! Mine was also approved on the spot (9/8//2020 - the IO provided the same info re: case submission for approval etc but didn't give a copy of the Interview Result), and the case status was updated that afternoon. My ASC is Kansas City, MO. 

Did your case status online updated already? 

Congrats to you! 
Nothing has been updated for me, and the case status still only says "interview was scheduled"
I am getting worried and not sure what I should do next. 
How long after the interview you got something in the mail? Did you get any approval letter or GC directly?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
5 hours ago, B3M said:

Thanks for your reply, I was slightly confused when I wrote that post.

The receipt they give you there is just the allowed one to submit an inquiry about outside normal processing times and I thought it meant something else. 

Anyway getting ready to wait and wait more time..

It's very upsetting seeing so many people that filled in June or July already got their EAD and we are lost in the system 😕

When is your noa1 date?

I'm actually an early April filer, just reached the 6 month mark and still no biometrics as opposed to most other April and even some May filers. I am so disappointed to hear even some February filers like yourself are hearing crickets! We really need EAD as well and not in a rush for anything else. I know there's not much we can do.

Timeline
2 hours ago, troseryensid said:

Congrats to you! 
Nothing has been updated for me, and the case status still only says "interview was scheduled"
I am getting worried and not sure what I should do next. 
How long after the interview you got something in the mail? Did you get any approval letter or GC directly?

Just wanted to update you--my husband had his AOS interview in Pittsburgh on 10/2. We were approved on the spot and received the i-551 stamp in his passport. The officer had said we'd receive the green card in the mail shortly, but our online status never changed. We just checked the mail and the i-485 approval notice and the actual green card (in separate envelopes) were in the mailbox! Our status still says "interview was scheduled" haha so I don't think the online status updates are reliable. Our online status had been updated for all the other steps prior to this last one. Hope you receive your green card soon!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.