Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
12 minutes ago, PimT said:

That's so interesting. Did you ever get the interview rescheduled? I'm getting the notice in the mail today and hearing your case makes me think that my interview may get canceled as well and my EAD/AP card is still in limbo. My biometrics were taken before the lock down also.

They never rescheduled it :( Got a letter stating that the interview was canceled due to unforeseen circumstances - and that's all. It's been 11 days since they canceled it, and the status is "Interview canceled notice ordered". However, they approved my EAD after the interview was canceled

K1 visa journey:                                                                       AOS:

Filed I-129f: February 22, 2019                                              AOS+EAD package sent: February 15, 2020

NOA1: February 28, 2019                                                       Biometrics: March 17, 2020

NOA2: May 14, 2019 (75 days from NOA1!)                       EAD approved: July 21, 2020

NVC received: June 07, 2019                                                EAD received: August 7, 2020

NVC case # assigned: June 13, 2019                               

NVC left: June 25, 2019

Consulate received: June 27, 2019

Interview: August 5, 2019 🤞

Visa received: August 6, 2019

US entry: November 19, 2019

Marriage: December 31, 2019

Has anyone attempted to walk-in? Agent I spoke to yesterday said to walk-in and take old notice, but I feel like he might be ill informed. But this morning read on Facebook some guy saying something similar. Anyone attempt and succeed in any city or state or plant or galaxy or universe? Please do share, because I am tempted to try again.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, bodgie19 said:

Has anyone attempted to walk-in? Agent I spoke to yesterday said to walk-in and take old notice, but I feel like he might be ill informed. But this morning read on Facebook some guy saying something similar. Anyone attempt and succeed in any city or state or plant or galaxy or universe? Please do share, because I am tempted to try again.

I tried yesterday at my ASC in Chicago and as expected, they are not accepting any walk-ins. It’s also mentioned on the USCIS website. Even the ones with an appointment on the day of, they are not letting them in until it’s 15 minutes before their appointment time. Apart from the security guard, someone from the facility actually checks your appointment notice and ID right at the door. People had actual USCIS appointments because they were let in. The ASC reopened yesterday which means folks got their notices scheduled well before that opening date.

2 minutes ago, mat2291 said:

I tried yesterday at my ASC in Chicago and as expected, they are not accepting any walk-ins. It’s also mentioned on the USCIS website. Even the ones with an appointment on the day of, they are not letting them in until it’s 15 minutes before their appointment time. Apart from the security guard, someone from the facility actually checks your appointment notice and ID right at the door. People had actual USCIS appointments because they were let in. The ASC reopened yesterday which means folks got their notices scheduled well before that opening date.

I am Chicago too. Chicago-South was my original notice. Which one did you go to? Is there actual activity inside or is everyone just sitting around? Let me know if you hear anything from your end regarding a new notice and I'll do the same since we are in the same city.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, bodgie19 said:

I am Chicago too. Chicago-South was my original notice. Which one did you go to? Is there actual activity inside or is everyone just sitting around? Let me know if you hear anything from your end regarding a new notice and I'll do the same since we are in the same city.

Yes. The ASC that I went to yesterday was Chicago-South. Yep. I was there from 11am-12nn. Saw some people and families successfully getting in bearing USCIS appointments the day of. A couple of other people including me tried to do a walk-in but couldn’t even get past the lady at the door checking your appointment and ID. They are very strict about not letting people in 15 minutes before their appointment time. I did ask her if they are the ones doing the rescheduling and she said no rescheduling is done at the ASC as it is all central.

Edited by mat2291

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm confused here is what just happened:

Filed: 2/11

Biometrics: 3/2

EAD "New Card Is being Produced": 7/2

EAD "Approved": 7/7

EAD "New Card Is being Produced": 7/28

I'm a bit frustrated. When I got the text and email notification I expected it to say "Card Mailed". I'm not sure why I'm getting this status again or what went wrong... did anyone else go through this?? If so did you get your card yet?

14 hours ago, mat2291 said:

Hi All - I have been a silent reader here. Also a Feb filer; field office is in Chicago.

My EAD/AP was approved two weeks ago but haven’t had my biometrics rescheduled yet. Original date was supposed to be March 20th.

I just saw a May filer post on Reddit that he got his biometrics appointment scheduled for August 5th (ASC re-opened today). I am very happy for that person but can’t help but feel frustrated for filers like me and so many here who have been waiting so long and even with everything reopening are still kept in the dark and stuck in limbo.

I am hoping this means that I am not required to go to an ASC anymore since someone from May got scheduled ahead of me. Either that or they totally forgot about prioritizing us.

Link to the reddit post.

Do you have an active AOS case? I mean it must be current, preferably employment-based, not in retrogression etc. Keep asking Emma about your biometric scheduling until you get to a cooperative agent, and always use your AOS ticket, not EAD or AP ticket 

53 minutes ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

I'm confused here is what just happened:

Filed: 2/11

Biometrics: 3/2

EAD "New Card Is being Produced": 7/2

EAD "Approved": 7/7

EAD "New Card Is being Produced": 7/28

I'm a bit frustrated. When I got the text and email notification I expected it to say "Card Mailed". I'm not sure why I'm getting this status again or what went wrong... did anyone else go through this?? If so did you get your card yet?

Wow this sucks big time if they are screwing things on their end because I’m honestly checking here from time to time to see if you got the card already. I hope this is just an error and they actually mailed the card. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

Do you have an active AOS case? I mean it must be current, preferably employment-based, not in retrogression etc. Keep asking Emma about your biometric scheduling until you get to a cooperative agent, and always use your AOS ticket, not EAD or AP ticket 

Mine is family-based, not employment-based, so there is no checking if it’s current as the green cards are unlimited. Married to a USC. Filed I-485, I-130, I-765, and I-131 concurrently.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Man....our case to this day still just says "My Case Was Received".

Nothing about biometrics, no updates at all. 

Am I checking the best website for the case number? I can never remember if this one is the old site or new site.

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We got an update! 

Filed: 2/17/20

Noa1: 2/24/20

Biometrics: 3/19/20 (covid)

EAD/AP: status changed to case was approved on 7/27/20

Called a USCIS agent today to ask about biometrics appt and she said to call back in few weeks if we haven't received an appt yet! 

10 minutes ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

Man....our case to this day still just says "My Case Was Received".

Nothing about biometrics, no updates at all. 

Am I checking the best website for the case number? I can never remember if this one is the old site or new site.

This website is good enough. From my late FEB 2020 tracking, close to 50% of cases are in "case received" state so no surprises

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

This website is good enough. From my late FEB 2020 tracking, close to 50% of cases are in "case received" state so no surprises

Thank you, that's actually reassuring to hear.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

Try this https://my.uscis.gov/. You can never tell where they choose to update a status. Incredible USCIS 😁

K1 visa journey:                                                                       AOS:

Filed I-129f: February 22, 2019                                              AOS+EAD package sent: February 15, 2020

NOA1: February 28, 2019                                                       Biometrics: March 17, 2020

NOA2: May 14, 2019 (75 days from NOA1!)                       EAD approved: July 21, 2020

NVC received: June 07, 2019                                                EAD received: August 7, 2020

NVC case # assigned: June 13, 2019                               

NVC left: June 25, 2019

Consulate received: June 27, 2019

Interview: August 5, 2019 🤞

Visa received: August 6, 2019

US entry: November 19, 2019

Marriage: December 31, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.