Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ennabaer said:

Omg! My I-131 and I-765 got approved today! Haven’t had my biometrics yet either!!

i hope it’s not an error 🥺😩

Unfortunately, it may be approved, but no card sent until you actually get the biometrics. A lot of us on the same boat :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
10 minutes ago, BradandStef said:

What time did you get the notification that they were approved? 

I just checked my status today and it said approved 07/27/2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

Yes this celebration can well be premature, particularly if your case is NBC. Most likely you will need biometrics to get physical cards

I wasn’t aware of that.

Either way though I am just happy that they are working on cases again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/24/2020 at 1:56 PM, MIBogdan said:

Just got my new biometrics appointment for entire family. August 5, ASC Philadelphia. Original date March 26.

Good to know they are scheduling appointments since this is where I will be going, too! Thanks for the update.

20 minutes ago, klgck said:

Good to know they are scheduling appointments since this is where I will be going, too! Thanks for the update.

I am not alone there. Two of my friends are also scheduled for same ASC. One has already been there on 24th. Another one is going on the 30th. It is however interesting as those invites come in two waves - one wave for AOS+EAD, another for AP. The guy that was there on the 24th, that was AP biometrics. His second wave, for AOS+EAD, is on August 4. My first wave on Aug 5 is for AOS+EAD (this one I care most about).

For the guy that was there on 24th for AP biometrics, his AOS case did not update to say "fingerprints taken" - this usually happens like next day. This means - contrary to what people are saying, in my opinion - that they will not share fingerprints between case once they're taken at least once. Honestly I don't understand how this hell's kitchen works...

Edited by MIBogdan

Timeline
1 minute ago, MIBogdan said:

I am not alone there. Two of my friends are also scheduled for same ASC. One has already been there on 24th. Another one is going on the 30th. It is however interesting as those invites come in two waves - one wave for AOS+EAD, another for AP. The guy that was there on the 24th, that was AP biometrics. His second wave, for AOS+EAD, is on August 4. My first wave on Aug 5 is for AOS+EAD (this one I care most about).

For the guy that was there on 24th for AP biometrics, his AOS case did not update to say "fingerprints taken" - this usually happens like next day. This means - contrary to what people are saying, in my opinion, that they will share fingerprints between case once they're taken at least once. Honestly I don't understand how this hell's kitchen works...

Haha also good to know. So weird how they are processing things... I didn't receive a letter at all regarding biometrics (I sent in my forms Feb 21st and didn't get my NOA1s until March 20th), so I'm guessing my appointment won't be scheduled for quite some time. Getting so antsy to start work and sad to see my case updates still say 'case received' etc. This process really tests your patience!

Please update us on how your biometrics appointment goes! I'm eager to understand the process and also get it over with :') Also, might I ask what location you have your appointment scheduled for? I'm really hoping it is the one in UCity/West Philly. 

1 minute ago, klgck said:

Haha also good to know. So weird how they are processing things... I didn't receive a letter at all regarding biometrics (I sent in my forms Feb 21st and didn't get my NOA1s until March 20th), so I'm guessing my appointment won't be scheduled for quite some time. Getting so antsy to start work and sad to see my case updates still say 'case received' etc. This process really tests your patience!

Please update us on how your biometrics appointment goes! I'm eager to understand the process and also get it over with :') Also, might I ask what location you have your appointment scheduled for? I'm really hoping it is the one in UCity/West Philly. 

There is only one ASC in Philly (others in PA are near Pittsburg and Harrisburg). It is in industrial area near North Philly Airport. UCity is the USCIS field office

Timeline
Just now, MIBogdan said:

There is only one ASC in Philly (others in PA are near Pittsburg and Harrisburg). It is in industrial area near North Philly Airport. UCity is the USCIS field office

Oh I see! Good to know, thank you! Was hoping it'd be a quick trip, but I guess not lol.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, klgck said:

Oh I see! Good to know, thank you! Was hoping it'd be a quick trip, but I guess not lol.

Someone on here traveled from Salt Lake City to SF for their biometrics soooooo....

2 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

Someone on here traveled from Salt Lake City to SF for their biometrics soooooo....

??? How? Was that person scheduled that way, or decided to do a walk-in? I've heard anecdotal evidence that some ASCs will allow walk-ins if you have appointment for a later day, despite officially walk-ins are for military members only these days

Timeline
Just now, MIBogdan said:

??? How? Was that person scheduled that way, or decided to do a walk-in? I've heard anecdotal evidence that some ASCs will allow walk-ins if you have appointment for a later day, despite officially walk-ins are for military members only these days

Nope it was a screw up. I believe it was @JoeIngles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.