Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

I sent my AOS packet via USPS on 2/20 and it was delivered on 2/22. I haven’t heard anything yet. I’m worried, but it’s comforting to know that I’m not the only one. And I think it won’t help calling USCIS since the check we sent wasn’t cashed yet?

Best of luck to everyone though. God bless us! ♥️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, flfreddy said:

My understanding was postmarked before 24th for old form, after feb 24th is new form.   Not sure new form released at your date of mailing but I think you used the old form as you mailed on the 25th.

Yes, I did. I just received my rejected note so I will be working on my documentation and new files tomorrow. Does anyone know if we need the I-944. We called USCIS on the 24th and they said I wouldn’t need it because I was not subject to the public charge clause. I didn’t have a lot of confidence in that answer though. I don’t want to be rejected again so I am trying to collect as many information as I can. The work authorization and the travel documentation also came with a denial notice so I will work on new documents for all of them. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, fabianafcm said:

Yes, I did. I just received my rejected note so I will be working on my documentation and new files tomorrow. Does anyone know if we need the I-944. We called USCIS on the 24th and they said I wouldn’t need it because I was not subject to the public charge clause. I didn’t have a lot of confidence in that answer though. I don’t want to be rejected again so I am trying to collect as many information as I can. The work authorization and the travel documentation also came with a denial notice so I will work on new documents for all of them. 

We got rejected too. And i am not subject to form i-944 either but I’m still gonna include it in my packet. I don't think it’s a big deal, i was anxious  about this new form too  but upon reading it , most of it I put N/A and no need to worry as long as you provide proof. There’s a list of exemptions at USCIS website for the i-944. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SuperRoxy said:

We got rejected too. And i am not subject to form i-944 either but I’m still gonna include it in my packet. I don't think it’s a big deal, i was anxious  about this new form too  but upon reading it , most of it I put N/A and no need to worry as long as you provide proof. There’s a list of exemptions at USCIS website for the i-944. 

Yes, I think we will do the same. Thank you for the help and good luck with everything. It’s definitely frustrating but we will get there! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

14 minutes ago, fabianafcm said:

Yes, I think we will do the same. Thank you for the help and good luck with everything. It’s definitely frustrating but we will get there! 

Well, it is, what it is. I’m just wondering if we can still use all the supporting documents again since they put mark on it already. Same as the check, because they staple it . I wanted to get new one but I’m not sure  if the bank will be open because of the covid19.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I want to know when I can expect my work EAD card for AOS filed in Alaska? Can I walk in for my biometric before the actual appointment date? I am worried the USCIS office may eventually be closed because of COVID-19.

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/24/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/06/20 -- NOA receipt notice

03/07/20 -- Biometric appointment notice

03/24/20 -- Biometric appointment 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, MachinatorX said:

I want to know when I can expect my work EAD card for AOS filed in Alaska? Can I walk in for my biometric before the actual appointment date? I am worried the USCIS office may eventually be closed because of COVID-19.

Hello, fellow Alaskan. Yes, you can get your biometrics done before the appointment date. That's what my wife and I did. We were in and out in 15 mns.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, MachinatorX said:

We did a walk in like 5 days prior to our appt.  We went to 3 ASC that morning at 8am, 830am and finally 930am we walked through.

Different ASC have different guards who make a judgement call (some are just nasty others are so nice)

We went to Gardena in LA near LAX.  Failed at DTLA and La Brea ASC

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, chxakx said:

I sent my AOS packet via USPS on 2/20 and it was delivered on 2/22. I haven’t heard anything yet. I’m worried, but it’s comforting to know that I’m not the only one. And I think it won’t help calling USCIS since the check we sent wasn’t cashed yet?

Best of luck to everyone though. God bless us! ♥️

mad rush on 2/24 to meet the old form deadline.   Soon you will hear from them....

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, cgcrooks said:

Hello, fellow Alaskan. Yes, you can get your biometrics done before the appointment date. That's what my wife and I did. We were in and out in 15 mns.

Nice. So how many days prior did you walk in to the Anchorage office?

16 minutes ago, flfreddy said:

mad rush on 2/24 to meet the old form deadline.   Soon you will hear from them....

I figured. Thank you! Hopefully soon and hopefully no problems too. Best of luck on yours. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Manuel94 said:

Sent 02/22/2020, received on 02/26/2020. I called USCIS this morning to ask about my packet, they said I'm not in the system yet as it hasn't been processed, then told me to wait. I called my bank to see if my cashier's check has been cashed out, and they said it has not. Waiting...

Just got my text notifications! Finally guys 😂🎉

7 hours ago, Manuel94 said:

A6FB5CA7-4EDB-472E-840C-7DF112BA792E.jpeg

Edited by Manuel94

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, MachinatorX said:

Nice. So how many days prior did you walk in to the Anchorage office?

3 days prior to our appointment date.

We received our text messages last night!! 🙏🏻🥳

Mailed via USPS on 02/22, USCIS received it 02/26, text messages received 03/17 at 12:30am.

Finally able to breath just a little bit! ☺️

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.