Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cornflake said:

What carrier did you use? Because when I sent mine on Saturday no one offered Sunday delivery. Even overnight delivery if you send on Saturday delivers on Monday.

I used USPS... Weird.

image.png.887a59dfff7d416c2ceda5d5606110ac.png

1 hour ago, Summer17 said:

We also send our AOS today :) Good luck and God bless us ❤️❤️❤️🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Very good and congratulations.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Oh, that's cool if USPS really delivers on Sundays. 

I would guess it's because of the address being a P.O. Box. So as soon as it arrives at the facility it's just a couple of minutes away to delivered.

Just a reminder if you are planing to send AOS after Feb. 24 you will have to use NEW FORM I-864. It's not available for download yet but it will be at some point.

What to Know About Sending Us Your Form

The current edition of the Form I-864, dated 03/06/18:

• We will accept the 03/06/18 edition of this form if it is postmarked before Feb. 24, 2020
  • We will not accept the 03/06/18 edition if it is postmarked on or after Feb. 24, 2020, except those submitted by aliens/petitions with a physical address in Illinois [see information for Illinois]
  • DHS remains enjoined by a federal court from implementing the Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds Final Rule in Illinois. DHS has asked for a stay of this injunction from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, given the Supreme Court Decision to stay the last nationwide injunctions. For additional information, see our webpage on the status of the public charge rule in Illinois.

The updated edition of the form

On or after Feb. 24, 2020, we will accept only the edition date: 10/15/19 of the Form I-864, except those submitted by petitioners/aliens with a physical address in Illinois

Same situation with FORM I-485.

What to Know About Sending Us Your Form

The current edition of the Form I-485, dated 07/15/19 and 12/23/17:

• We will accept the 07/15/19 and 12/23/17 edition of this form if it is postmarked before Feb. 24, 2020
  • We will not accept the 07/15/19 and 12/23/17 edition if it is postmarked on or after Feb. 24, 2020, except those submitted by aliens/petitions with a physical address in Illinois [see information for Illinois]
  • DHS remains enjoined by a federal court from implementing the Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds Final Rule in Illinois. DHS has asked for a stay of this injunction from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, given the Supreme Court Decision to stay the last nationwide injunctions. For additional information, see our webpage on the status of the public charge rule in Illinois.

The updated edition of the form

On or after Feb. 24, 2020, we will accept only the edition date: 10/15/19 of the Form I-485, except those submitted by petitioners/aliens with a physical address in Illinois [see information for Illinois].

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/5/2020 at 12:13 PM, Summer17 said:

We also send our AOS today :) Good luck and God bless us ❤️❤️❤️🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Amen Sister... or brother lol. Hahah. Now the wait for our receipt or notification that they received it! Although my silly husband didnt want to pay extra to get it there faster (and we're applying for his behalf go figure lol). Anyways we sent it yesterday (Wednesday) but it wont get there until the 11th.

20 minutes ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

Amen Sister... or brother lol. Hahah. Now the wait for our receipt or notification that they received it! Although my silly husband didnt want to pay extra to get it there faster (and we're applying for his behalf go figure lol). Anyways we sent it yesterday (Wednesday) but it wont get there until the 11th.

Yay! Mine was delivered today as per checking the transaction no. We sent it thru FedEx. I’m excited and nervous at the same time :)

3 hours ago, Summer17 said:

Yay! Mine was delivered today as per checking the transaction no. We sent it thru FedEx. I’m excited and nervous at the same time :)

Very good  and welcome to the thread.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

4 hours ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

Yeah it would only have been a few dollars more lol. Sometimes travel times are crucial. Welcome to the thread.

Citizenship Complete!

Just a heads up if you have not filed or will not file BEFORE February 24th go to the USCIS website and look up form I-944, that is the form that goes along with the new I-485! It's a mess and designed to trip you up, perhaps if you look through the I-944 it will give you added incentives to get off your $#% and do your AOS BEFORE the 24th of February. Do yourself a favor and check out this form from top to bottom. I'm sure it will open your eyes BIG TIME!

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/i-944

It called Declaration of Self-Sufficiency

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Summer17 said:

I used FedEx too! Congrats!! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yeah it would only have been a few dollars more lol. Sometimes travel times are crucial. Welcome to the thread.

Agreed! I definitely think the $40 more would've been worth it to get it there today instead of 5 days later! Lol. But he had this silly theory that if it got there today they wouldn't open it until Monday or Tuesday anyways smh lol... but marriage is about compromise right? Haha. Now the wait begins I saw that processing times for AOS are anywhere from 7.5-24 months... yikes! I hope his EAD at least will be processed much more quickly. I sent the I-485 with EAD I-756 and I-131. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.