Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2020 at 1:48 PM, Cornflake said:

After months of preparation we finally sent our AOS package today via UPS. It should be delivered on Monday by 10.30 A.M. We decided to pay extra for faster delivery time because of new rules. You never know what's gonna happen next.

Hi, I would like to know which years did you include for your w2? Did you include your 2019 w2?

5 minutes ago, Summer17 said:

Hi, I would like to know which years did you include for your w2? Did you include your 2019 w2?

I didn't include any W2 because my husband is self-employed

Hi, I’m planning to send my AOS packet tomorrow. I’m just worried about my husband’s w2 from 2019. He was a US Navy and deployed from April to November of last year. Upon checking his w2 the wages reflecting on it was only $9k and the federal income tax withheld is only $800+. Being deployed they are tax free. He haven’t filed his tax from last year tho. Would this be an issue and get an RFE by any chances?   Should I include the w2 of 2019? I’m planning to include his deployment order as a supporting documents. Thanks in advance!

9 minutes ago, Summer17 said:

Hi, I’m planning to send my AOS packet tomorrow. I’m just worried about my husband’s w2 from 2019. He was a US Navy and deployed from April to November of last year. Upon checking his w2 the wages reflecting on it was only $9k and the federal income tax withheld is only $800+. Being deployed they are tax free. He haven’t filed his tax from last year tho. Would this be an issue and get an RFE by any chances?   Should I include the w2 of 2019? I’m planning to include his deployment order as a supporting documents. Thanks in advance!

Maybe you should write an explanation letter.

5 hours ago, I & D said:

We sent our AOS package today via USPS. Good luck to all February filers!

Very good congratulations and welcome to the thread!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 hours ago, Summer17 said:

2019 taxes are not due  till April 2020, so if you file your  AOS before April I think it's the 15th 16th or 17th somewhere in April you would  only have 2018 taxes to show. But during your interview  you would have 2019 taxes. Understand that? Make sure you file your AOS before 24th February!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

4 hours ago, Moxman said:

They received mine on the 2nd, Now I wait for conformation. Another round!

Are you sure about 2nd of Feb? Because it was Sunday.

When did you send it?

11 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

2019 taxes are not due  till April 2020, so if you file your  AOS before April I think it's the 15th 16th or 17th somewhere in April you would  only have 2018 taxes to show. But during your interview  you would have 2019 taxes. Understand that? Make sure you file your AOS before 24th February!

We already filed our 2019 taxes and sent them 2019 taxes. 

I mean it is not necessary to wait till the last tax day (which is April 15). 

3 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

We already filed our 2019 taxes and sent them 2019 taxes. 

I mean it is not necessary to wait till the last tax day (which is April 15). 

No not neccessary, I was just saying that USCIS would not be looking for 2019 taxes until After April 15th!

Citizenship Complete!

15 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Are you sure about 2nd of Feb? Because it was Sunday.

When did you send it?

Was delivered to the lockbox on 2nd of Feb. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/4/2020 at 8:59 AM, I & D said:

We sent our AOS package today via USPS. Good luck to all February filers!

Goodluck!! I will be sending mines out with FedEx today!! 🤗🤗🤗🤗 so happy to finally find this thread.

31 minutes ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

Goodluck!! I will be sending mines out with FedEx today!! 🤗🤗🤗🤗 so happy to finally find this thread.

Very good, learn all you can!

Citizenship Complete!

5 hours ago, Moxman said:

Was delivered to the lockbox on 2nd of Feb. 

What carrier did you use? Because when I sent mine on Saturday no one offered Sunday delivery. Even overnight delivery if you send on Saturday delivers on Monday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.