Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

694 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, smile101 said:

Haha no I'm a girl and im afghan. I just wanted to help my fiancé with the embassy.

Okay. I’m female and Afghan too. Just be smart, prepared, cautious and careful. My sister’s husband got here in December (they did K-1 too - it took about 7-8 months start to finish). He also brought about 10K with him, as well as covered all his own fees, including throwing her a Shirni Khoree there. Their savings of 10K was almost finished within the first 3 months since when the beneficiary arrives here it is another 4K for just the rest of the paperwork, and he can’t work legally, so they were living off of the other other 6K for those 3 months. She is in Law School and did not have the possibility to work until this Summer. It is very important for your beneficiary to understand that he needs funds and a hard work ethic in order to be successful here in the states, make sure you set those expectations and boundaries from the start. Especially with the new “public charge” laws. Good luck to you both, I’m sure you’ll receive your NOA2 notification soon. 

Edited by WhoKnowsWhoCares

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I will need police clearance from Germany and bangladesh. Does anyone know how long these typically take? Should I get started on gathering those and support documents now or wait for noa2 to gather all the documents? I’m at 104 days past noA1 btw. Thanks!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, SB1089 said:

I will need police clearance from Germany and bangladesh. Does anyone know how long these typically take? Should I get started on gathering those and support documents now or wait for noa2 to gather all the documents? I’m at 104 days past noA1 btw. Thanks!

I got my fiancé to do it from the beginning and submitted right away with the rest if the case. It usually takes a couple of days. If I were you, I would get them now to get everything ready.

1 hour ago, SB1089 said:

I will need police clearance from Germany and Bangladesh. Does anyone know how long these typically take? No one can say with any certainty. Each country is different. Like each embassy is different on how they process visas. Do you know where to start and what the requirements are?

Should I get started on gathering those and support documents now or wait for noa2 to gather all the documents? It would be an innovative idea to start now. 

I’m at 104 days past noA1 btw. Thanks!

Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

@smile101

Received our official I-797 (NOA2) in the mail today. We got an e-mail notification on June 4th and received it today on June 9th, so it took about 3 Business Days. It states it will get processed at the NVC within 2-4 weeks (hopefully that still rings true with COVID-19 delays). I covered our personal details since that’s unnecessary, but I wanted to post here so you can know what it looks like. Plus this paper is really important to keep and have copies of for most of not all future paperwork such as filing adjustment of status.This is the front page (the back page has general info. which can be found on the website, too large of files to attach both sry). Hopefully you’ll get your notification within the next few weeks since our filing dates are not far a part! 🙏🏼🧿

E999DBB7-9AC4-4DFE-8CA5-5E63054253AB.jpeg

Timeline
2 hours ago, WhoKnowsWhoCares said:

@smile101

Received our official I-797 (NOA2) in the mail today. We got an e-mail notification on June 4th and received it today on June 9th, so it took about 3 Business Days. It states it will get processed at the NVC within 2-4 weeks (hopefully that still rings true with COVID-19 delays). I covered our personal details since that’s unnecessary, but I wanted to post here so you can know what it looks like. Plus this paper is really important to keep and have copies of for most of not all future paperwork such as filing adjustment of status.This is the front page (the back page has general info. which can be found on the website, too large of files to attach both sry). Hopefully you’ll get your notification within the next few weeks since our filing dates are not far a part! 🙏🏼🧿

E999DBB7-9AC4-4DFE-8CA5-5E63054253AB.jpeg

Wow thank you! I really appreciate it and im very happy for you 😊. Hopefully I get mine soon inshallah 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
16 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Good luck and stay engaged. 

Hi, thanks for the reply. For the Dhaka clearance I think my fiancé can manage it. For the Germany one since he is not living there anymore I think we have to send in an application with a fee and it gets mailed back to him so that might take some time. I’ll start on that this week. The other supporti documents I feel overwhelmed but I think i know what I need so far and I’ll look at your pdf too. Thanks again! 

1 hour ago, SB1089 said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. For the Dhaka clearance I think my fiancé can manage it. For the Germany one since he is not living there anymore, I think we have to send in an application with a fee and it gets mailed back to him so that might take some time. I’ll start on that this week. The other supporting documents I feel overwhelmed, but I think i know what I need so far, and I’ll look at your pdf too. Thanks again! 

Required for all countries where you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16 and any country where you have been arrested, even if you were not a resident there.  U.S. police certificates are not required.  Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable or are obtained directly by your Embassy (rarely does your embassy execute this step).  Fingerprints are required for certain countries.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

These days, I' m really hopeless. I don't know why I'm worried about my case. 

There are some issues which I'm not sure that are they needed to be handled right now or we have time before the interview? One of them is domicile, my fiance -because of the pandemic_ has been stayed in Chile for almost 3,5 months. He changed his address and he is going to go back to the United states next week. İs it necessary to declare his new US address to USCIS ? Can we do it after NOA2?

Another thing is the health insurance, is it needed to be done right now ? 

22 minutes ago, Naz2020 said:

These days, I' m really hopeless. I don't know why I'm worried about my case. 

There are some issues which I'm not sure that are they needed to be handled right now or we have time before the interview? One of them is domicile, my fiance -because of the pandemic_ has been stayed in Chile for almost 3,5 months. He changed his address and he is going to go back to the United states next week. İs it necessary to declare his new US address to USCIS ? Can we do it after NOA2?

Another thing is the health insurance, is it needed to be done right now ? 

It's rare that a bonafide I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) application is NOID (declined). So, you have that to remove from your plate. Next, yes you do need to change your address. The immigration process is ripe with rules and procedures, none of them can be or should be circumvented or you will face exactly what you are advocating in your post that you don't want to happen. Play by the rules and you will be fine. This is not a process where you get to pick and choose what you want to do or submit it's about following their guidelines.

Can I share somethings with you that I learned long ago about this process?

• "the man with the gold makes the rules"
    • it will take as long as it will take 
    • no one with any certainty can tell you when some process will be completed
    • Your sense of urgency will never be equaled to what USCIS, NVC or your embassy demonstrates
    • Your journey is not going to mirror someone else's experience - yours and theirs are not the same
    • They only promised you a YES or NO answer. Never an exact time that their decision would be completed
    • Lowering your expectations will make you a much more relaxed individual

Good luck on your journey 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone, another week without February validation. I see January is almost finished so I bet it will be in the next 2 weeks.

Don't worry guys, it will be fine!

have a great week end

Edited by Xavier_

Timeline
6 minutes ago, foreverchris2020 said:

I’m so excited!!!!!!! I got approved today!!!!!!! Wow. I’m literally in shock! I definitely started to lose hope when the predicted date had past. 

Filed Feb 7th

NOA1 Feb13

NOA2 June 12th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Im praising God right now. I know there are  many more steps left in this journey but this approval means so much to me! 

I’m also excited for the rest of the February filers awaiting their approvals! It’s coming guys!!!

Omg congrats!!!! I still waiting for mine 😭😭😭😭 127 days 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, foreverchris2020 said:

I’m so excited!!!!!!! I got approved today!!!!!!! Wow. I’m literally in shock! I definitely started to lose hope when the predicted date had past. 

Filed Feb 7th

NOA1 Feb13

NOA2 June 12th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Congrats!!! We have the same NOA1 date! Hoping mine comes soon too!!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.