Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

694 posts in this topic

At 168 days of answering questions. Hopefully they will be getting approvals soon.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, smile101 said:

I'm wondering how the office is checking random cases like for example some one just got approved 126 days but I'm still waiting 134 days 🤔 like how does that work?

No one except USCIS employees knows how things actually work, but we do know that every case is different, and every adjucator is different.

Almost every person here has seen cases with a NOA1 date after theirs get a NOA2 first, even without COVID-19 in the mix. And while most of the approvals for cases around any given NOA1 date without an RFE tend to be fairly close together, that's talking a range of a month or two, not a week or two, and some can take much longer.

To give in example -- In our group back when I petitioned for Anastasia (May 2018 filers), the first approvals showed up at the end of October. We (late May filers) were approved mid-November, after a handful of early June filers but we were still among the first approvals on VJ within a few days of our NOA1 date. Almost everyone was approved by the end of December 2018. But there was at least one person from that group that didn't get his petition approved until March 2019 and he didn't have any RFEs or obvious red flags on his case.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

58 minutes ago, smile101 said:

I'm wondering how the office is checking random cases like for example some one just got approved 126 days but I'm still waiting 134 days 🤔 like how does that work?

This is not a first in first out process. Each person is different, each case is different, each one of us come from a different culture, each of us from an different country, different family, different values, different background, some of us have been in the military, some of us have been on missions we won't even tell our wives about it's just the way it is. You can't compare yourself with others as you are different and they are too.

You must have missed this entry of mine https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730396-february-2020-i-129f-k-1-filers/?do=findComment&comment=10161478

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
10 hours ago, thedojas said:

Hi all, 

I wanted to update on this forum since friday but VJ couldn't reset my password. Had to get a new account to post here. Anyways, I got APPROVED on Friday @ 126days. I'm very excited, I cried and screamed when I was notified on Lawfully. I hope you all get yours soon🙏🏾

Yayyyyy! Congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
10 hours ago, thedojas said:

Hi all, 

I wanted to update on this forum since friday but VJ couldn't reset my password. Had to get a new account to post here. Anyways, I got APPROVED on Friday @ 126days. I'm very excited, I cried and screamed when I was notified on Lawfully. I hope you all get yours soon🙏🏾

Omg congrats. I'm also from South Africa and at 118 days! Would you mind if I contact you to hear how the process goes with the Embassy here in SA?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

Just found this forum

File date: Feb 14th

NOA1: Feb 18th.

No word on NOA2 yet- I have been seeing quite a few Feb filers in the FB group I'm in getting approved 🙂

20 hours ago, thedojas said:

Hi all, 

Congratulations! I'm pretty sure I'm going to either scream or faint when we finally hear from them. Probably faint :D I know I'd definitely going to cry :)

5 hours ago, Gii said:

Hi all,

Just found this forum

File date: Feb 14th

NOA1: Feb 18th.

No word on NOA2 yet- I have been seeing quite a few Feb filers in the FB group I'm in getting approved 🙂

We're still waiting to hear too. It's so hard to be so far apart especially so during a pandemic. 

On 6/20/2020 at 8:13 AM, smile101 said:

I've been wondering about this too. I was so surprised that they asked for a paper application at the initial, petition, stage. It made me wonder if they have a team of people who scan it in and collect it all in a document management system connected to the receipt and case number (when that gets assigned) or if they do it the old fashioned way and keep it all in paper files. Then I got to wondering if they pick the petitions by name, state or if it's randomly assigned. Next I wondered at what time of day is our status updated? Is it a once per day at 3 a.m. or does it get updated at regularly intervals throughout the day whenever the status is changed on their back-end system. 

Things my brain wonders about as its way of coping with the wait! My fiancé and I check the case status page frequently, hoping for good news.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
7 hours ago, midsummer said:

Congratulations! I'm pretty sure I'm going to either scream or faint when we finally hear from them. Probably faint :D I know I'd definitely going to cry :)

We're still waiting to hear too. It's so hard to be so far apart especially so during a pandemic. 

It's definitely an emotional rollercoaster and journey, only us will understand.  Prayers up this week for you all to get that APPROVAL!

7 hours ago, midsummer said:

I've been wondering about this too. I was so surprised that they asked for a paper application at the initial, petition, stage. It made me wonder if they have a team of people who scan it in and collect it all in a document management system connected to the receipt and case number (when that gets assigned) or if they do it the old fashioned way and keep it all in paper files.

The do both scan and use a paper file. Only the items that they require are scanned everything else follows the record to the embassy.

Then I got to wondering if they pick the petitions by name, state or if it's randomly assigned.

They are randomly assigned on a first come serve bases to a VO.

Next, I wondered at what time of day is our status updated? Is it a once per day at 3 a.m. or does it get updated at regularly intervals throughout the day whenever the status is changed on their back-end system? 

Most are notified in the late evening early morning of the next day. "your mileage may vary" 

Things my brain wonders about as its way of coping with the wait! My fiancé and I check the case status page frequently, hoping for good news.

Read the articles on the first page of this thread, first post where I outline some others items that your brain my have not thought of. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.