Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, vt00k said:

so, rejected expedite requests send your case to the bottom

The severity is unknown but it is a part of the working theory 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Lets say a case is from a high fraud country and both have been thru a divorce and there are kids on both sides

the amount of paperwork is a lot more to go thru than 2 people who were never married

all the documents do have to be scanned and read for authenticity

and you are still within the normal timelines for USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Best advice is to forget about theories and rumors and wait patiently.  Go and visit your spouse in India as often as you can while within the normal 8-10 month processing time for the Texas Center.  Evidence of additional time spent together can only help your chances of approval at the interview later anyway.  Good luck!

Just now, carmel34 said:

Best advice is to forget about theories and rumors and wait patiently.  Go and visit your spouse in India as often as you can while within the normal 8-10 month processing time for the Texas Center.  Evidence of additional time spent together can only help your chances of approval at the interview later anyway.  Good luck!

We got married in States while she was on her B1/B2 visa for work purposes. She has traveled to States twice before we finally decided to get married. We did the court marriage. We have also traveled to Europe together for vacation. She has 10 year B1/B2 us visa.

Stay positive and hopefully everything will work out. I know it seems like a big obstacle right now but you will look back on this as a minor hiccup. Good luck!

Edited by Bars&Saqi

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

3 hours ago, vt00k said:

I assumed the same. I guess it's not just theory anymore.

How so? One case taking longer than others on VJ (and still well within normal processing times according to USCIS) doesn't prove anything.

Some people on VJ in those timelines have received approvals. Many still haven't. You're reading too much into it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

17 hours ago, vt00k said:

My PD is June 19, 2019. I tried to expedite the case back in October, but the request was denied. When I try to contact USCIS, they say my case is within normal processing time which is 8 to 10 months for Texas Service Center if you are US citizen. But people on VJ are already getting approval for July or August filers for the Texas Service center. 

uscis.PNG

I believe that the extreme emergency must be the citizen's petitioner not of the beneficiary to approve a expedite .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Eugenia2017 said:

I believe that the extreme emergency must be the citizen's petitioner not of the beneficiary to approve a expedite .

Eugenia2017, you are correct.  The petitioner has to prove hardship for an expedite....the burden is on the US petitioner for this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/13/2020 at 2:08 PM, vt00k said:

I assumed the same. I guess it's not just theory anymore.

Well, at least you're not in Nebraska as our PD is May 30-2019 and still waiting. Now at 8 months and tbey are saying 12- 16 months. That it ludicrous! Someone needs to do something about that service center. Only 7 cases approved for May 2019 so far and they only took 4 and 5 months. How did they get through so fast? The I-129f? Thay is totally not fair to the rest of the people  that have been waiting so long. My husband and I miss each other and just want to finally start our lives together.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
2 hours ago, Patricia Owuh said:

Well, at least you're not in Nebraska as our PD is May 30-2019 and still waiting. Now at 8 months and tbey are saying 12- 16 months. That it ludicrous! Someone needs to do something about that service center. Only 7 cases approved for May 2019 so far and they only took 4 and 5 months. How did they get through so fast? The I-129f? Thay is totally not fair to the rest of the people  that have been waiting so long. My husband and I miss each other and just want to finally start our lives together.

Mine has been filed March 18 and we are still waiting for the NOA 2 til now. Nebraska is our service center. We are patiently waiting . My husband is the petitioner and I am the beneficiary and my husband has been in the states since Dec. 2018. We are apart for more than a year now . We have been married for  almost 15  yrs and been together for 18 yrs . Since he’s back to the states, I have seen him last Aug. for two weeks  and tomorrow he’s flying again to come see me then we’ll fly together to Germany for a week holiday . He will be back to the states first week of February. It’s difficult to be apart especially  we’ve never been away from each other for  more than 13 yrs . But I am here patiently waiting . Hopefully they will give us the approval very soon.I can’t wait to make our house a home again.  Good luck to all of us . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.