Teacake

Absolutely miserable

43 posts in this topic

The last time I posted about this four months ago, I was told how undeserving of my visa I apparently am and that my husband shouldn’t have to deal with someone as mopey and terrible as myself. However, I did receive a lot of support and advice from people with a conscience, so I guess that’s why I’m reaching out again.

I wasn’t out intentionally prowling the internet looking to meet and marry a US citizen. I didn’t pursue this relationship with the view of receiving that all-too-coveted green card. I pursued it because I love my husband and wanted to close the gap we are probably all too familiar with. America is nice, but it (more specifically, this tiny town we’re living in) is vastly different from what I’m used to. My life in general is obviously incredibly different to what I’m used to. I can see why people tout the CR1 as being so superior to the K1, but even with how quickly my AOS seems to be progressing (3.5 months from filing to interview), I don’t honestly see receiving my green card making this transition that much easier. I could learn to drive, but where would I go? Getting a job would help with the whole lack of purpose issue and also give me an outlet to be social, so that’s something at least. I just don’t feel optimistic about anything and really, the lack of positive neurotransmitters in my brain is clearly not helping things.

I’ve thankfully started getting counselling and am trying to begin seeing a psychiatrist next week with a view to finally getting back on medication. I’ve been dealing with depression on and off for a long time, but it has never been so severe. The loneliness (very compact social circle - no one but my husband to talk to most days [and he naturally works]), isolation (unable to leave the house due to living on a major highway; pretty much no neighbours, and in a town with no public transportation) and boredom all compound my homesickness so badly. I miss simple things like hopping on a train and walking down a bustling footpath. My husband is supportive, but I miss my family and don’t have a great relationship with my in-laws.

All of this is hurting my relationship. We love each other, but he hurts to see me in such a bad state. I’m worried that even after hopefully receiving my GC and enjoying all the newfound freedoms it might offer, and even after taking my medication for a substantial amount of time, that I just won’t be able to adjust to slow country living and being separated from my family - my mother, in particular. I don’t know if it makes a difference to anyone, but I’m 23 and also miss going out and having fun. Everyone keeps telling me that life is precious and it’s too short to be spent in misery, which I know comes from a place of concern, but it also just makes me feel awful - like I’m just wasting away and hurting the both of us in the process. I didn’t realise how crazy and stressful all of this would be. I get jealous seeing him have fun with his family, go with his friends to the movies or out bar-hopping. I cry at least once a day.

Is there anyone out there who has been in this situation and grown out of it? Are you thriving now? I put all this out there on VJ as both an immigrant and just a struggling human being.

Any words of advice or support are appreciated.

It gets better or it is possible to get better even if you have to make hard choices. The time waiting for the EAD and AOS to be approved was awful and miserable. There is so much to it that I can't possibly type out here. All of the things that come with AOS (not being able to work, so much down time, etc) on top of having a spouse that has just moved to a new country/culture and being away from their friends and family.

I think it is great that you are going to counseling. I suggest going to couples counseling if possible. It helps to have a mediator to deal with the new changes that are going on in your relationship. You have two people that have lived individual lives, but stayed connected through technology, but it is completely different when these 2 people are now living together. You have to work through a lot of stuff. We went to marriage counseling during the AOS process and it helped us greatly. 

However, if you stick with it and have two people that want the relationship and are willing to put the work in - it gets better. We have been married for almost 3 years. We have a house. My husband (immigrant) has a good job that makes him happy. We are expecting our first child in March. Our marriage/relationship is stronger than it has ever been. Were there points in the AOS phase when I was scared and worried that it wouldn't be like this? Absolutely. Marriage is hard. Marriage is even more difficult when you have USCIS as part of your relationship and you're dealing with all of that. 

You may live in a small town that you aren't happy with, but do you have to stay there? You may not be able to move right away, but you can make a plan. A job may not be your dream job, but it will help create normalcy. It will give you a schedule and get you out of the house. Of course, your husband is going to go out and have fun, but voicing how it makes you feel to your husband could help you get it off your chest. 
I don't know all of the information in your life or relationship, but I am the American spouse and I knew that I would and should make compromises in my life, since my husband gave up A LOT to move to the US. 
I hope this may help a little bit. Just don't give up, especially not yet. Also, I am the same age as you are, if you want to reach out to me, I would be happy to talk and listen. 

13 minutes ago, ronniebreda said:

It gets better or it is possible to get better even if you have to make hard choices. The time waiting for the EAD and AOS to be approved was awful and miserable. There is so much to it that I can't possibly type out here. All of the things that come with AOS (not being able to work, so much down time, etc) on top of having a spouse that has just moved to a new country/culture and being away from their friends and family.

I think it is great that you are going to counseling. I suggest going to couples counseling if possible. It helps to have a mediator to deal with the new changes that are going on in your relationship. You have two people that have lived individual lives, but stayed connected through technology, but it is completely different when these 2 people are now living together. You have to work through a lot of stuff. We went to marriage counseling during the AOS process and it helped us greatly. 

However, if you stick with it and have two people that want the relationship and are willing to put the work in - it gets better. We have been married for almost 3 years. We have a house. My husband (immigrant) has a good job that makes him happy. We are expecting our first child in March. Our marriage/relationship is stronger than it has ever been. Were there points in the AOS phase when I was scared and worried that it wouldn't be like this? Absolutely. Marriage is hard. Marriage is even more difficult when you have USCIS as part of your relationship and you're dealing with all of that. 

You may live in a small town that you aren't happy with, but do you have to stay there? You may not be able to move right away, but you can make a plan. A job may not be your dream job, but it will help create normalcy. It will give you a schedule and get you out of the house. Of course, your husband is going to go out and have fun, but voicing how it makes you feel to your husband could help you get it off your chest. 
I don't know all of the information in your life or relationship, but I am the American spouse and I knew that I would and should make compromises in my life, since my husband gave up A LOT to move to the US. 
I hope this may help a little bit. Just don't give up, especially not yet. Also, I am the same age as you are, if you want to reach out to me, I would be happy to talk and listen. 

Hi there, thank you so much for reading everything and replying. It’s good to know that there are others out there who’ve had relationship problems arise from the stress of this transition. Having people tell me that our marriage (so early in) should be a bed of roses and smiles all around is extremely distressing because it’s struggling and I guess maybe I am to blame for that. I feel like I’ve failed us both and the guilt is hard to handle. I should be happy and I’m not. I’ll speak to my husband about him accompanying me to my next counselling session to see what he has to say about it.

6 minutes ago, Teacake said:

Hi there, thank you so much for reading everything and replying. It’s good to know that there are others out there who’ve had relationship problems arise from the stress of this transition. Having people tell me that our marriage (so early in) should be a bed of roses and smiles all around is extremely distressing because it’s struggling and I guess maybe I am to blame for that. I feel like I’ve failed us both and the guilt is hard to handle. I should be happy and I’m not. I’ll speak to my husband about him accompanying me to my next counselling session to see what he has to say about it.

You're not to blame. You haven't failed. Marriage is two people. Don't be so hard on yourself (yes, easier said than done). This is just a rocky path and you will get through it. 
IMO, those saying the beginning of marriage is all happy and roses - full of BS. Let go of what others say/thing, especially those with no K1 experience. You will be happy again. It will take time. Your life will most likely look different than you expected or planned, but this isn't a life sentence. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow I can relate to your situation Teacake!  My husband immigrated to the US from Brazil in August of last year and it has been a really big struggle for him, and very stressful, missing his friends and family, the job in Brazil he left behind that he loved, learning English, how to drive a car for the first time, etc.  At first we hoped it was just a normal part of adjusting to a new environment, that it would pass with time, but when it didn't, we found a good psychiatrist and a Brazilian counselor for him and since then he is less anxious and stressed.  Driving and English are coming along very well, our house is far from jobs he wants to apply for, and there is no public transportation here, so once he gets his driver's license he will start working and I am confident this will help a lot.  For now, he found an online job that he does from home to feel useful and to earn money.  He keeps very busy around the house too, cleaning and taking care of everything like the garden and renovating rooms, while I'm at work.  Lately he is very worried about his grandmother in Brazil because he took care of her and lived with her, now his family is struggling with doing this without him.  I tell him that we can go and visit his family in Brazil whenever he wants to, but he feels that once a year is enough because of the high cost of airline travel, so we are planning a trip in August.  Thankfully, our marriage relationship is stronger then ever and this is the rock that is helping him get through it every day.  I would suggest that in addition to the doctor and counselor, that when you are together, do as much as you can as a married couple.  Talk with your husband and share all your feelings with him, don't hold any back.  Communication is key.  If he goes out bar-hopping, you should be with him.  If he goes out, it should be as a couple so that you can get out of the house and spend time with him.  Do things in the home together too, like cook dinners, watch movies, paint, learn more about each other's interests.  Take some short weekend trips to spend time together away from work and the house, to see the beauty of this country and all it has to offer.  As often as I can, I leave work early or take a day off to spend more time with him, take him to appointments for the doctor and counselor, to hold his hand and hold him in my arms, tell him that I love him and will always be there for him.  I thank him every day for the sacrifices he made in leaving the country he loves so that we can be together.  We laugh together, sometimes cry together.  At the end of the day, the unconditional, mutual love that we share is what really matters.  Good luck Teacake with your adjustment period.  You can do this if you do it together.

Edited by carmel34

3 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Wow I can relate to your situation Teacake!  My husband immigrated to the US from Brazil in August of last year and it has been a really big struggle for him, and very stressful, missing his friends and family, the job in Brazil he left behind that he loved, learning English, how to drive a car for the first time, etc.  At first we hoped it was just a normal part of adjusting to a new environment, that it would pass with time, but when it didn't, we found a good psychiatrist and a Brazilian counselor for him and since then he is less anxious and stressed.  Driving and English are coming along very well, our house is far from jobs he wants to apply for, and there is no public transportation here, so once he gets his driver's license he will start working and I am confident this will help a lot.  For now, he found an online job that he does from home to feel useful and to earn money.  He keeps very busy around the house too, cleaning and taking care of everything like the garden and renovating rooms, while I'm at work.  Lately he is very worried about his grandmother in Brazil because he took care of her and lived with her, now his family is struggling with doing this without him.  I tell him that we can go and visit his family in Brazil whenever he wants to, but he feels that once a year is enough because of the high cost of airline travel, so we are planning a trip in August.  Thankfully, our marriage relationship is stronger then ever and this is the rock that is helping him get through it every day.  I would suggest that in addition to the doctor and counselor, that when you are together, do as much as you can as a married couple.  Talk with your husband and share all your feelings with him, don't hold any back.  Communication is key.  If he goes out bar-hopping, you should be with him.  If he goes out, it should be as a couple so that you can get out of the house and spend time with him.  Do things in the home together too, like cook dinners, watch movies, paint, learn more about each other's interests.  As often as I can, I leave work early or take a day off so spend more time with him, take him to appointments for the doctor and counselor, to hold his hand and hold him in my arms, tell him that I love him and will always be there for him.  I thank him every day for the sacrifices he made in leaving the country he loves so that we can be together.  We laugh together, sometimes cry together.  At the end of the day, the unconditional, mutual love that we share is what really matters.  Good luck Teacake with your adjustment period.

Thank you so much for giving your input. I’m really glad to hear that your husband is doing better now and I hope the trip to Brazil in August is fun for you both. I’ve only just begun with my counselling, but I worry that I may be too far gone, in a way. I have panic attacks often. My husband loves me but loses his patience with me sometimes. He works as a first responder, so stress from work coupled with stress at home (predominantly from me, I guess...) can understandably be a lot. It’s why I want him to join me in my next counselling session - maybe it’ll help. I guess my issue is that although we love and care for one another, our relationship is a big cause of stress for both of us. My mum worries a lot about me and feels helpless to the situation being on the other side of the world. I’m trying to take things one day at a time, but it’s hard when I have such little energy left. I guess I’ll just keep seeing how things go and try to do more things with him, as you suggested.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Teacake said:

Thank you so much for giving your input. I’m really glad to hear that your husband is doing better now and I hope the trip to Brazil in August is fun for you both. I’ve only just begun with my counselling, but I worry that I may be too far gone, in a way. I have panic attacks often. My husband loves me but loses his patience with me sometimes. He works as a first responder, so stress from work coupled with stress at home (predominantly from me, I guess...) can understandably be a lot. It’s why I want him to join me in my next counselling session - maybe it’ll help. I guess my issue is that although we love and care for one another, our relationship is a big cause of stress for both of us. My mum worries a lot about me and feels helpless to the situation being on the other side of the world. I’m trying to take things one day at a time, but it’s hard when I have such little energy left. I guess I’ll just keep seeing how things go and try to do more things with him, as you suggested.

Hang in there and hopefully the counseling together and more time doing things together will help.  Medications might help as well, they have been very effective for my husband.  Some people never really adjust to life in another country, so at some point in the future, after trying everything possible to adapt, you might have to have a conversation with your husband about moving to Australia together.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi.  I just wanted to reach out and say good luck to you and that I am glad you are going to counseling and that you will start to feel better soon.  My husband came here from Morocco 4 years ago and it was a hard transition for him.  But he is doing fine now.  Don't get me wrong, he still misses his family terribly but he does video chat with them at least twice a week and he goes to visit them once a year.  Maybe start thinking about your next trip back home and it will give you something to look forward to.

Also, maybe use this time to think about what you want for your life.  Do you want to go to college?  Do you have a dream job in mind.  Do you dream of starting your own business?  Do you want to travel the country and see all the US has to offer?  Of course you want to put work into your marriage.  But also think of yourself and what you can be doing to make your dreams come true.  You are young.  You can do anything.  I am 58 years old and about to graduate with my BS degree, I have a new career, and about  to start graduate school. So it is never too late to pursue a dream.  I am sure this is all very very hard on you and I sympathize.  Please take care of yourself and start making plans to live the life you want to live.   

And give your husband a big hug and remember how hard it was when you were separated.

37 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Hang in there and hopefully the counseling together and more time doing things together will help.  Medications might help as well, they have been very effective for my husband.  Some people never really adjust to life in another country, so at some point in the future, after trying everything possible to adapt, you might have to have a conversation with your husband about moving to Australia together.  Good luck!

Thank you. I’m trying to be open-minded about life here even though it’s tough. I’m glad all of you (including my husband) are understanding of that, though. I’m really keen about getting on medication because it’s an important step along with the talk therapy. I’ll see how I go and will continue to be honest with my husband. 🙂

31 minutes ago, Oliversmom said:

Hi.  I just wanted to reach out and say good luck to you and that I am glad you are going to counseling and that you will start to feel better soon.  My husband came here from Morocco 4 years ago and it was a hard transition for him.  But he is doing fine now.  Don't get me wrong, he still misses his family terribly but he does video chat with them at least twice a week and he goes to visit them once a year.  Maybe start thinking about your next trip back home and it will give you something to look forward to.

Also, maybe use this time to think about what you want for your life.  Do you want to go to college?  Do you have a dream job in mind.  Do you dream of starting your own business?  Do you want to travel the country and see all the US has to offer?  Of course you want to put work into your marriage.  But also think of yourself and what you can be doing to make your dreams come true.  You are young.  You can do anything.  I am 58 years old and about to graduate with my BS degree, I have a new career, and about  to start graduate school. So it is never too late to pursue a dream.  I am sure this is all very very hard on you and I sympathize.  Please take care of yourself and start making plans to live the life you want to live.   

And give your husband a big hug and remember how hard it was when you were separated.

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to read everything and give such a heartfelt reply. I really appreciate it. I’m glad that your husband is coping a bit better now, and congratulations on getting your BS degree.

I think me thinking about what I’m lacking is what makes the guilt so hard. I don’t have any dreams or goals anymore, really. There were things I wanted to accomplish (small and big things) that I feel I had to leave behind when I moved. I have no identity and I know that’s a big issue. I was talking with my therapist about this and we were trying to think of ways for me to add meaning and depth to my life here. Hopefully I can come up with something, but I’m not sure. Having no motivation isn’t helping, but medication will hopefully counteract that.

Edited by Teacake

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I was feeling the exact same all of last year. Then I got my EAD before Xmas and literally have not been depressed since. Its a process. It will get better. It sucks but it takes time. Give yourself a chance and hang in there until you get EAD or GC. Don't give up prematurely. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As a university professor, I meet a lot of foreign students suffering from separation anxiety. Many of them marry Americans and make their home in the U.S. However, the anxiety of being away from home (separation) and graduating college (another separation) is often overwhelming. Most of the time it goes away. You write well and seem to be very educated. I suggest getting involved in a local college - there are many junior colleges and satellite campuses across rural America. Take classes, volunteer, or join a club or two. Americans are fascinated with Australia, so maybe get involved in travel groups, etc. Your spouse is probably well-connected within the local communities - ask him about coffee clubs, social groups, etc. The local library is usually a social hub for writer's groups, travel groups, and generally people that are interested in sharing and caring. Seek locals who travel or have experience with worldly pursuits. My wife lived in Hanoi (7.5 million) and now lives in a town of 8,000. I take her to the nearest big city for her fix of noise, crowds, shopping, dining, and traffic. That usually does her a lot of good. Insist your husband get more involved in your well-being. Or it may not be a g'day for him. Hang in there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

To me the issue is that when 2 people meet and decide to marry,  there should be a dating time when you both (in the same country) are having fun together before the wedding

now,  all of us decide to marry someone we can't date because of the distance  and we start this immigration process

a lot of people (at that point) are so consumed with USCIS and NVC,  the romance part is put aside 

Girl,   you gotta get that part back

maybe make a romantic dinner

and i know the 12 hour time difference is hard to talk to family and friends back  home but u have to or go nuts

and also know, that it is hard to make friends here in TN as they tend to stay only with old school buddies and their family

any chance his family can help you out to meet others and get you out of the house or take you shopping so  u can buy a few things to make it your home?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, Teacake said:

The last time I posted about this four months ago, I was told how undeserving of my visa I apparently am and that my husband shouldn’t have to deal with someone as mopey and terrible as myself. However, I did receive a lot of support and advice from people with a conscience, so I guess that’s why I’m reaching out again.

I wasn’t out intentionally prowling the internet looking to meet and marry a US citizen. I didn’t pursue this relationship with the view of receiving that all-too-coveted green card. I pursued it because I love my husband and wanted to close the gap we are probably all too familiar with. America is nice, but it (more specifically, this tiny town we’re living in) is vastly different from what I’m used to. My life in general is obviously incredibly different to what I’m used to. I can see why people tout the CR1 as being so superior to the K1, but even with how quickly my AOS seems to be progressing (3.5 months from filing to interview), I don’t honestly see receiving my green card making this transition that much easier. I could learn to drive, but where would I go? Getting a job would help with the whole lack of purpose issue and also give me an outlet to be social, so that’s something at least. I just don’t feel optimistic about anything and really, the lack of positive neurotransmitters in my brain is clearly not helping things.

I’ve thankfully started getting counselling and am trying to begin seeing a psychiatrist next week with a view to finally getting back on medication. I’ve been dealing with depression on and off for a long time, but it has never been so severe. The loneliness (very compact social circle - no one but my husband to talk to most days [and he naturally works]), isolation (unable to leave the house due to living on a major highway; pretty much no neighbours, and in a town with no public transportation) and boredom all compound my homesickness so badly. I miss simple things like hopping on a train and walking down a bustling footpath. My husband is supportive, but I miss my family and don’t have a great relationship with my in-laws.

All of this is hurting my relationship. We love each other, but he hurts to see me in such a bad state. I’m worried that even after hopefully receiving my GC and enjoying all the newfound freedoms it might offer, and even after taking my medication for a substantial amount of time, that I just won’t be able to adjust to slow country living and being separated from my family - my mother, in particular. I don’t know if it makes a difference to anyone, but I’m 23 and also miss going out and having fun. Everyone keeps telling me that life is precious and it’s too short to be spent in misery, which I know comes from a place of concern, but it also just makes me feel awful - like I’m just wasting away and hurting the both of us in the process. I didn’t realise how crazy and stressful all of this would be. I get jealous seeing him have fun with his family, go with his friends to the movies or out bar-hopping. I cry at least once a day.

Is there anyone out there who has been in this situation and grown out of it? Are you thriving now? I put all this out there on VJ as both an immigrant and just a struggling human being.

Any words of advice or support are appreciated.

Millington really is a small town, but what do you like doing? What are your hobbies? Can you Uber? I feel for you and know it’s hard. I know my husband misses his home  country and he is actually going for a visit in July.  I’m sending out a prayer for you sweet girl ❤️

11 minutes ago, Biffa said:

I was feeling the exact same all of last year. Then I got my EAD before Xmas and literally have not been depressed since. Its a process. It will get better. It sucks but it takes time. Give yourself a chance and hang in there until you get EAD or GC. Don't give up prematurely. 

I’m glad you’re doing better now that you have your EAD. All going well, I could have my GC next month it seems. I’m just tired. 🙁 Trying to hang in there though because as you said, I know it would be a shame to give up on this without giving it time.

10 minutes ago, WandY said:

As a university professor, I meet a lot of foreign students suffering from separation anxiety. Many of them marry Americans and make their home in the U.S. However, the anxiety of being away from home (separation) and graduating college (another separation) is often overwhelming. Most of the time it goes away. You write well and seem to be very educated. I suggest getting involved in a local college - there are many junior colleges and satellite campuses across rural America. Take classes, volunteer, or join a club or two. Americans are fascinated with Australia, so maybe get involved in travel groups, etc. Your spouse is probably well-connected within the local communities - ask him about coffee clubs, social groups, etc. The local library is usually a social hub for writer's groups, travel groups, and generally people that are interested in sharing and caring. Seek locals who travel or have experience with worldly pursuits. My wife lived in Hanoi (7.5 million) and now lives in a town of 8,000. I take her to the nearest big city for her fix of noise, crowds, shopping, dining, and traffic. That usually does her a lot of good. Insist your husband get more involved in your well-being. Or it may not be a g'day for him. Hang in there.

What you said about him getting a bit more involved is something I’ve been thinking about, but don’t know how to voice very well... I’ve tried, but he gets overwhelmed by me and withdraws sometimes, even when I’m alone and feel like I need help. It’s why I want him at my next counselling session - the environment is conducive to a more open conversation.

Thank you for praising my writing, haha. I got my Bachelor of Arts in Australia and a part of me has really been missing academia since. I would love to join a group of likeminded people, so I will see what’s going on at local campuses and libraries as you suggested. Memphis has some busier areas, so it would be nice if I could hang out in them more often. Right now, I only ever leave the house to go grocery shopping (and as of late, to go to therapy), so I’m definitely needing more fun. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

19 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

To me the issue is that when 2 people meet and decide to marry,  there should be a dating time when you both (in the same country) are having fun together before the wedding

now,  all of us decide to marry someone we can't date because of the distance  and we start this immigration process

a lot of people (at that point) are so consumed with USCIS and NVC,  the romance part is put aside 

Girl,   you gotta get that part back

maybe make a romantic dinner

and i know the 12 hour time difference is hard to talk to family and friends back  home but u have to or go nuts

and also know, that it is hard to make friends here in TN as they tend to stay only with old school buddies and their family

any chance his family can help you out to meet others and get you out of the house or take you shopping so  u can buy a few things to make it your home?

4 minutes ago, Cheschirecat said:

Millington really is a small town, but what do you like doing? What are your hobbies? Can you Uber? I feel for you and know it’s hard. I know my husband misses his home  country and he is actually going for a visit in July.  I’m sending out a prayer for you sweet girl ❤️

Thank you both for your kind replies!

I have hobbies (knitting, reading, studying foreign languages), but honestly haven’t been able to do any of them lately because anytime I try, I’m reminded of how far I’ve fallen emotionally. I used to be eager about them, but now that I have to force myself to get into them (and then get annoyed by my own lack of persistence with them), they sort of act as a sad reminder. I want to keep pushing myself to do these things, though.

One new thing I’ve started liking is cooking; mainly because it’s something I can’t put off or I get nothing to eat lol. My husband and I recently subscribed to one of those meal kit delivery services where they send you recipes and ingredients and I’m having fun learning to cook. Like cleaning, it can be kind of soothing. I feel pretty proud when something I make comes out OK, and it makes me happy when my husband enjoys it, too.

Millington is bigger than the town we were living in previously (at my in-laws’ house), but yes, unfortunately it is really small. 😔 I don’t want to be so negative about the place, but all I keep thinking is how small it is and how much I miss Melbourne...

Anyway, thank you both again. I feel blessed to have people I don’t personally know be so kind and understanding.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.