Millikkl

I-130 January 2020 Filers

352 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Dags said:

we just got email from NVC about appointment cancellation, but we never had appointment made. I seem to remember reading about the same happening to someone else who expedite it. Did it happen to you?

No, it didn't happen to me but apparently it's a standard auto message for those that expedite so it allows you to book your own.

13 minutes ago, Xyrstine said:

No, it didn't happen to me but apparently it's a standard auto message for those that expedite so it allows you to book your own.

Really? this is all too confusing 😅 hmm but which option would I use? 

image.png.a7aac1af60775ba174d310455164d5a5.png

3 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

It's the 3rd option. You are invited to schedule your own but it's not a K visa. 

thanks! I've tried it, but it said my case is not ready for it as still in NVC. I guess I just need to patiently wait for NVC to send my expedite case to embassy.

4 minutes ago, Dags said:

thanks! I've tried it, but it said my case is not ready for it as still in NVC. I guess I just need to patiently wait for NVC to send my expedite case to embassy.

You can check here too: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

9 minutes ago, Xyrstine said:

oh, thanks for that! :) that's way quicker that fully login in your CEAC account. And well, still At NVC

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else who still hasn't heard anything? At this point I wish I would at least get a RFE 🤣 I'm happy for everyone who is getting approved, but it hurts a bit when someone who applied 8 months after me is already at NVC. The wait at the consulate in Montreal also has a backlog of 8-9 months maybe, so I feel really screwed over. 

Does anyone have their case at the Potomac Center? why doesn't Visa Journey provide timelines for that center. I just looked on the USCIS page and it says they are still reviewing cases from 2018. #######!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone relate? what is going on!!!!!!

(I applied on Jan 30th btw)

Just now, Sarismercadouribe said:

Does anyone have their case at the Potomac Center? why doesn't Visa Journey provide timelines for that center. I just looked on the USCIS page and it says they are still reviewing cases from 2018. &^%^$&^$%^$%$##@$#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 11/3/2020 at 10:38 AM, Sarismercadouribe said:

Does anyone have their case at the Potomac Center? why doesn't Visa Journey provide timelines for that center. I just looked on the USCIS page and it says they are still reviewing cases from 2018. #######!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard that the Potomac update was a glitch. Lately I've been seeing a loooot of December approvals, hopefully we will be soon *fingers crossed*. 

On 11/1/2020 at 7:49 PM, Dania A said:

Anyone else who still hasn't heard anything? At this point I wish I would at least get a RFE 🤣 I'm happy for everyone who is getting approved, but it hurts a bit when someone who applied 8 months after me is already at NVC. The wait at the consulate in Montreal also has a backlog of 8-9 months maybe, so I feel really screwed over. 

In the same boat...submitted Januarry 10th. Our lawyer has been trying to expedite for a while, but wasn't able to. Today she called USCIS and found out we had been transferred to Vermont due to COVID backlogs and reshuffles. Really frustrated / down at the thought of the 23 month approval time quoted on the website (we were at Texas before). Just have to wait and see, I suppose. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone I am also in the same situation with Potomac, i applied on January 31st even called to get my case to get expedited a month ago and faxed them the paperwork and have not heard from them it’s been a month I really hope get a case update it’s still showing noa1 case status  

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
8 hours ago, Dania A said:

I've seen a lot of posts similar to this, they think it's just a glitch. 

Thank you! I was just making sure, now I don’t have to worry about it it.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.