dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview February 2020

1,341 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, stech786 said:

wow, I’m reading here that it takes a month or more to get IL! I shouldn’t even join this month thread. Lol. What does Case complete means, DQ date or when NVC created invoice/case number?

Case complete usually happens before DQ as far as I know. But in CEAC, you see the DQ in the comments. I believe you can call to get your case complete date. 

Yeah, depending on your location, it can take up to a month (or faster) to get IL in some places and others it can take 5 or 6 months (i.e. Canada). 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 minutes ago, RobbieL said:

Oh believe me I know the feeling! We're DQ as of the 17th of December and literally checking it every single day hahah

It's been a long process for us as well. I guess it's just the nature of the beast :)

Yeah, it does seem like Jamaica is moving pretty quickly! You should have your interview quickly I would imagine!

Good luck!

It truly is and of course we all understand and speak one language and that's the length of our journeys lol.

Yes it does seem as if my consulate is moving quickly so we will see.

I hope we all get responses sooner than later and we can all put this behind us.

Best of luck 😁

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hey Fellows...

I've been waiting for my IL since Dec 16th.. as everyone else it's been an extensive journey.. in my case since 2013!! the embassy in my country is not a busy one.. very few people immigrate.. crossing fingers I will be getting that letter next week!

Good luck to everyone here!

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, mac_skendy said:

I went for my interview today, though the waiting time was killing but it worth it...... 

Visa Approved.....want to sincerely thank everyone thats has taken their time to give advice nd directions during these journey....

Wishing everyone waiting for their interview letter nd those in line for interview all the best......😍🙏

Congrats bros. 

When did you get there and when as your appointment for and what time did they eventually attend to you? 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Wellash said:

Congrats 🎉🎈🎊 when was your DQ? And what kind of questions answered if u can ?!! Thanks 

Thank you! We had DQ on Dec 4th and invitation later arrived on Dec 11th.

The questions were:

- when did you get married

-where did you meet

- what does your husband do

I was in US before on L1 work visa so related to that he asked where I work now and if I plan to work in the US.

Timeline
3 hours ago, mac_skendy said:

I went for my interview today, though the waiting time was killing but it worth it...... 

Visa Approved.....want to sincerely thank everyone thats has taken their time to give advice nd directions during these journey....

Wishing everyone waiting for their interview letter nd those in line for interview all the best......😍🙏

Congrats to you bro...

Abeg if you fit share some of your experience,thanks..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, kingnosa said:

Congrats bros. 

When did you get there and when as your appointment for and what time did they eventually attend to you? 

thank you,

got there around 6:30am nd my appointment was for 8:30.

i after the security checks and bio metrics i got interviewed around 12noon or thereabout

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ogbeni Agba said:

Congrats to you bro...

sure i will soon

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Shaylan21 said:

Ghana Sent Out IL’s This Morning just FYI !!

Yeesss finally, IL received💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻..thanks

Pls wat are some of the questions that can be asked at IR2 interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Shaylan21 said:

Ghana Sent Out IL’s This Morning just FYI !!

12 minutes ago, Shaylan21 said:

Morning

🕺🏾🕺🏾🕺🏾got my IL email .. grateful to God 

Edited by Dreww

Timeline
17 hours ago, Ogbeni Agba said:

Congrats to you bro...

My advice to everyone going for their interview at the Lagos Consulate pls try and buy snacks and drinks to munch on while you are waiting to go into the interview hall. Arrange every document and proof of relationship you can get. Be calm and be confident.

Most importantly try not to answered any question that you don't understand be confident to ask the Co to rephrase at anytime

Speaking from my interview experience, the Co asked a question have never heard before

Co - what is your petpeef? (i don't know the correct spelling pls pardon me) about your wife

I froze for few seconds to process then i told him i don't understand. He repeated the question again and i replied politely that i do not understand still.

What he was trying to ask all along is; what bothers you about your wife? and i answered it in the best way i could.... all the best

Timeline
9 minutes ago, mac_skendy said:

My advice to everyone going for their interview at the Lagos Consulate pls try and buy snacks and drinks to munch on while you are waiting to go into the interview hall. Arrange every document and proof of relationship you can get. Be calm and be confident.

Most importantly try not to answered any question that you don't understand be confident to ask the Co to rephrase at anytime

Speaking from my interview experience, the Co asked a question have never heard before

Co - what is your petpeef? (i don't know the correct spelling pls pardon me) about your wife

I froze for few seconds to process then i told him i don't understand. He repeated the question again and i replied politely that i do not understand still.

What he was trying to ask all along is; what bothers you about your wife? and i answered it in the best way i could.... all the best

Thanks bro..👍,regarding proof of relationship,did you go with your photo album or you just selected the pictures you took along..

Edited by Ogbeni Agba

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.