Jump to content

31 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I received a generic letter for AOS about RFE for birth certificate. I already submitted the original birth certificate (vukuatli nufus kayit ornegi from Turkey) along with English translation from rev.com. I'm not sure how to respond this RFE. Should I re-translate the certificate and send the same documents again? I'm lost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, K.T said:

I received a generic letter for AOS about RFE for birth certificate. I already submitted the original birth certificate (vukuatli nufus kayit ornegi from Turkey) along with English translation from rev.com. I'm not sure how to respond this RFE. Should I re-translate the certificate and send the same documents again? I'm lost

what is the content of the RFE


Employment Based Adjustment of Status I-485 Filed: 31st Jan 2020 

I-485 Received: 3rd Feb 2020 

EAD/AP filed: Feb 14th 2020

EAD/AP approved: May 25th 2020

I-485 Biometrics : Pending

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
46 minutes ago, K.T said:

 

2020-01-01_113512.jpg

so your birth certificate does not meet the standards of USCIS. you can alternatively submit affidavits as secondary evidence. There is an issue with the format of your BC 


Employment Based Adjustment of Status I-485 Filed: 31st Jan 2020 

I-485 Received: 3rd Feb 2020 

EAD/AP filed: Feb 14th 2020

EAD/AP approved: May 25th 2020

I-485 Biometrics : Pending

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, Donald120383 said:

so your birth certificate does not meet the standards of USCIS. you can alternatively submit affidavits as secondary evidence. There is an issue with the format of your BC 

Actually, it does indeed meets the standards. That's why I am confused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, K.T said:

Actually, it does indeed meets the standards. That's why I am confused. 

It's not unusually that an RFE can ask for something you already submitted. According to the RFE it is looking for the "long form" BC which list the parents. If yous does list your parents and you feel it's the long form for your country then I suggest resubmitting it as you have it. Good luck.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

@K.T Try vukuatli nufus kayit ornegi with the family information, if you are female and changed name after marriage  it may be harder to get that, but you still can through e-devlet. Are you far from an embassy? If you are, get it from them as it comes with full translation.

 

I’ve sent: new vukuatli nufus kayit ornegi (my last name changed so I was the only one in my “kutuk”, I sent additionally the old one with my family with explanation that it is now closed (cause this is normally what they prefer) and I also got a Formul A - this is new and is not even listed in reciprocity but it is actually the international birth certificate.

 

the problem that this is actually happening quite a lot for Turkey cases (I’ve heard in embassy when I was getting mine).

 

also try to send the copy instead of originals.


Check your case status at the new website : https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

 

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Naes said:

@K.T Try vukuatli nufus kayit ornegi with the family information, if you are female and changed name after marriage  it may be harder to get that, but you still can through e-devlet. Are you far from an embassy? If you are, get it from them as it comes with full translation.

 

I’ve sent: new vukuatli nufus kayit ornegi (my last name changed so I was the only one in my “kutuk”, I sent additionally the old one with my family with explanation that it is now closed (cause this is normally what they prefer) and I also got a Formul A - this is new and is not even listed in reciprocity but it is actually the international birth certificate.

 

the problem that this is actually happening quite a lot for Turkey cases (I’ve heard in embassy when I was getting mine).

 

also try to send the copy instead of originals.

Thank you for your reply. Actually, we are quite far from the embassy. How about translations? Do you think the translation website  (rev.com )we used valid or should I translate it myself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, K.T said:

Thank you for your reply. Actually, we are quite far from the embassy. How about translations? Do you think the translation website  (rev.com )we used valid or should I translate it myself?

I downloaded all from e-devlet and translated myself there was no problem. I also created the exact same shape with the table on excel just so it was easier to see what was what. I only used the embassy translation for one of my papers just because they gave it to me.

 

just don’t forget in case of Turkey extract of vital records taken from embassy is valid for 3 months and taken from e-decker valid for a month. As long as you send it within the month there is no problem though.


Check your case status at the new website : https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

 

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
12 hours ago, Naes said:

I downloaded all from e-devlet and translated myself there was no problem. I also created the exact same shape with the table on excel just so it was easier to see what was what. I only used the embassy translation for one of my papers just because they gave it to me.

 

just don’t forget in case of Turkey extract of vital records taken from embassy is valid for 3 months and taken from e-decker valid for a month. As long as you send it within the month there is no problem though.

Thanks a lot! I will do the same and hopefully it will be accepted this time 😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...