K.T

RFE for I-485 Birth Certificate

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 1/1/2020 at 9:20 AM, K.T said:

I received a generic letter for AOS about RFE for birth certificate. I already submitted the original birth certificate (vukuatli nufus kayit ornegi from Turkey) along with English translation from rev.com. I'm not sure how to respond this RFE. Should I re-translate the certificate and send the same documents again? I'm lost

Is your birth certificate late registered? I got the exact same RFIE too

Timeline
On 1/1/2020 at 7:04 PM, Naes said:

just don’t forget in case of Turkey extract of vital records taken from embassy is valid for 3 months and taken from e-decker valid for a month. As long as you send it within the month there is no problem though.

What does this mean?  Does this mean his birth certificate that he used for K-1 is no longer good?  (sorry this whole process has our heads spinning)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tini1234t said:

Is your birth certificate late registered? I got the exact same RFIE too

Ugh what do you mean "late registered"  The one we sent was not the original it was from the Turkish embassy when he was living in Rome.  It has an official seal and does list the parents.  But again, it is new, not the one created at his birth. Is this a problem?  (our RFIE was generic and said the same exact thing as the one someone previously posted here)

52 minutes ago, NJShoreMom said:

What does this mean?  Does this mean his birth certificate that he used for K-1 is no longer good?  (sorry this whole process has our heads spinning)

You must submit the required documents for each application. What they "have on file" from a previous application doesnt matter.

If you are talking about the beneficiary's BC that would have been provided for the embassy interview (and not provided to USCIS), the person adjudicating your application this time may require you to follow the specific reciprocal format as outlined on the visa reciprocity website.

Timeline
2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

the person adjudicating your application this time may require you to follow the specific reciprocal format as outlined on the visa reciprocity website.

Well yes we did send a copy of the same bc we used for the embassy interview which is the long version (listing parents) so with all due respect, can you clarify the above sentence?  (specifically what is the visa reciprocity website)

I guess I really need to hear from other Turkish members who sucessfully navigated the process as it seems that country specifically has a higher then average problem with birth certificates....

Timeline
6 minutes ago, NJShoreMom said:
2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You must submit the required documents for each application. What they "have on file" from a previous application doesnt matter.

If you are talking about the beneficiary's BC that would have been provided for the embassy interview (and not provided to USCIS), the person adjudicating your application this time may require you to follow the specific reciprocal format as outlined on the visa reciprocity website.

So sorry...disregard my above question concerning the website....I see you provided a link in a previous post.  Me=duh.

5 hours ago, NJShoreMom said:

Well yes we did send a copy of the same bc we used for the embassy interview which is the long version (listing parents) so with all due respect, can you clarify the above sentence?  (specifically what is the visa reciprocity website)

I guess I really need to hear from other Turkish members who sucessfully navigated the process as it seems that country specifically has a higher then average problem with birth certificates....

Search your country and then BCs for the USCIS acceptable format.

Just because your embassy accepted the format you gave them doesn't mean it's the correct format nor one that USCIS will accept.

Ie. In Canada it's common to get away with providing the BC wallet card at the embassy interview however that is not the acceptable format.

USCIS definitely wont accept that format from Canada for AOS.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Edited by K1visaHopeful

5 hours ago, NJShoreMom said:

It gives a detailed description for exactly what you need. 

Is yours correct?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
16 hours ago, NJShoreMom said:

If you can get here your husband this may help better as some words are easier in native language.basically yes the one he used with k1 won’t be good.

he also needs a full vital records with the family names etc.

16 hours ago, NJShoreMom said:

Ugh what do you mean "late registered"  The one we sent was not the original it was from the Turkish embassy when he was living in Rome.  It has an official seal and does list the parents.  But again, it is new, not the one created at his birth. Is this a problem?  (our RFIE was generic and said the same exact thing as the one someone previously posted here)

He meant the birth was registered later than the regular registry period. Don’t worry about this one.

can your husband go into the website called e-devlet, does he have an account activated there? If so let me know so I can guide you through that and if not I’ll guide you the other route but e-devlet is easier and more accurate

Edited by Naes

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/24/2020 at 7:38 AM, Naes said:

can your husband go into the website called e-devlet, does he have an account activated there? If so let me know so I can guide you through that and if not I’ll guide you the other route but e-devlet is easier and more accurate

We got the bc from e-devlet, and had it translated by rush.translate.  However we sent it with only two weeks left of validity.  Since with the cornona virus thing we had limits to a printer and scanner,  we did our best, ordered another bc and had it printed at local walgreens.  problem is it came out on glossy "photo" paper.  I did write "time sensitive" on our cover letter in regards to the bc.  Do you know if they are strict with the barcode? (we sent both)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
27 minutes ago, NJShoreMom said:

We got the bc from e-devlet, and had it translated by rush.translate.  However we sent it with only two weeks left of validity.  Since with the cornona virus thing we had limits to a printer and scanner,  we did our best, ordered another bc and had it printed at local walgreens.  problem is it came out on glossy "photo" paper.  I did write "time sensitive" on our cover letter in regards to the bc.  Do you know if they are strict with the barcode? (we sent both)

No as far as I know, as long as you sent it within the time frame it should be ok. Because it doesnt get adjudicated right away anyway. By the time they adjudicated mine it was already more than 8 months. But when you are going for the interview take a copy and one more original new one from e-devlet with you just in case they ask for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.