2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/13/2020 at 9:35 AM, lolrko said:

So I finished my interview 8 AM exactly and here is how it went down. Kansas City MO

1. Welcome and follow me to the room

2. Oath that I will be saying the truth

3. Biometrics and a picture with webcam

4. Went right into the test

Civic: Date of independence - How many years senators serve - name one person who wrote federalist papers - where's statue of liberty - who's the chief of military - how many senators in the senate

I got all of them right so we went into the reading and writing

It was where is the white house? For reading

The white house is in Washington D.C. for the writing

After passing she confirmed all of my info on my form (address, job, date of birth and phone number)

The questions from the last section of the form (terrorist organization, military organization, communism part etc...) All my answers were no of course.

Then she said congratulations I am recommending your approval and keep an eye on the ceremony letter.

It was a painless 30 minutes and the officer was the absolute best. She didn't ask me about my marriage at all (I am applying based on 3 year marriage) and she didn't to ask to see any documents apart from my id and green card

My status online changed to that I am in line for a ceremony and to basically wait.

Good luck to everyone

Hey did you get your Oath ceremony? And how long after approval did your status change online? I just got approved today at kansas city office. I was  also told that i will receive oath ceremony invitation in mail. But my status has not yet changed online.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, KCMO said:

Hey did you get your Oath ceremony? And how long after approval did your status change online? I just got approved today at kansas city office. I was  also told that i will receive oath ceremony invitation in mail. But my status has not yet changed online.

Ok never mind, Just checked with receipt number on check case status page and it shows "We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt ". So yes, now waiting for the oath ceremony notice. :)

18 minutes ago, KCMO said:

So yes, now waiting for the oath ceremony notice.

Nice....almost at the finish line!!!  🏁 🏃‍♂️ 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I decided to call USCIS today to book an InfoPass appointment since my (18 month!) extension letter is about to expire in October, and they told me that they're only doing emergency InfoPass appointments (needed to renew my drivers license). Anyways, during this call, I asked for an update on my cases (I-751 and N-400), and the officer informed me that I was apparently slated for an interview a very long time ago, but it was never officially scheduled due to COVID-19, and recommended that I call back every 2 weeks for updates.

I guess my anxiety is starting to kick in, seeing as many other folks who filed the same month as me are already getting their interviews completed, and mine has yet to be officially scheduled, not even the first time.

Edited by zilchfox

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
11 minutes ago, zilchfox said:

So I decided to call USCIS today to book an InfoPass appointment since my (18 month!) extension letter is about to expire in October, and they told me that they're only doing emergency InfoPass appointments (needed to renew my drivers license). Anyways, during this call, I asked for an update on my cases (I-751 and N-400), and the officer informed me that I was apparently slated for an interview a very long time ago, but it was never officially scheduled due to COVID-19, and recommended that I call back every 2 weeks for updates.

I guess my anxiety is starting to kick in, seeing as many other folks who filed the same month as me are already getting their interviews completed, and mine has yet to be officially scheduled, not even the first time.

Well I was able to easily get an appointment at local field office through Tier 2 officer. My i751 case is already outside normal processing time and its been more than a month since I made a service request and no response as yet. The bad news is that the local field officer told me today  that USCIS are going to furlough around 14000 employe in 1st week of August and that the cases could be further delay due to 70% reduction in staff unless congress bailed them out with big $$$$$$ so we are in a big mess.

1 hour ago, Charming12 said:

Well I was able to easily get an appointment at local field office through Tier 2 officer. My i751 case is already outside normal processing time and its been more than a month since I made a service request and no response as yet. The bad news is that the local field officer told me today  that USCIS are going to furlough around 14000 employe in 1st week of August and that the cases could be further delay due to 70% reduction in staff unless congress bailed them out with big $$$$$$ so we are in a big mess.

Oh NO! I am never gonna get the interview💔😭😭

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

8 hours ago, Undecided said:

Because I couldn’t in all conscience say the oath until recently. Particularly with regard to giving up loyalty to my country of birth. Basically it was the stupidity of brexit that made me change my mind.

I hear ya! 

Blue Bianchi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

01/08/2020 Day 00 - Submitted N-400 online

01/11/2020 Day 03 - Received NOA online, Priority Date January 8, 2020

01/14/2020 Day 06 - Received notice of Biometrics appointment online.

01/31/2020 Day 20 - Biometrics Appointment (scheduled)
07/08/2020 Day 183 - Received online notice of citizenship interview 
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship interview
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship Oath (Same day as interview!)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Giovanna024 said:

At this point we need waivers if they are not gonna try to virtually conduct interviews. This is a whole heaping mess.

Are they purposely willing to backlog the system even further to justify getting their funding from congress? I don’t get it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Giovanna024 said:

well we can all hope and pray for the best! 

On 1/23/2020 at 8:17 AM, Andreita24 said:

I hope you get it sooner, things might change !☺️

Thank you! My field office is in Boston, MA

@Andreita24 Have you had any updates with your case?

AOS
09/23/2016 - I-130 & I-485 Concurrent Filing 
09/27/2016 - I-485 NOA date 
10/2016 - Biometrics 11/03/2016 - RFE for I-864 
11/7/2016 - Sent response 
12/14/2016 - Case ready for interview
03/28/2017 - Interview scheduled for May 3rd 2017 
05/01/2017 - Interview canceled: (waiting on other paperwork to be transferred) 
07/14/2017 - New interview scheduled for 8/28/2017 
8/28/2017 - Interview attended  Approved on spot 
09/14/2017 - Received PR card for 2YR

ROC Process:
*Earliest filing date 5/30/2019
5/29/2019 - Sent ROC packet via Fedex overnight to Lewisville, TX
5/30/2019 - Packet delivered and signed
6/4/2019 - Text notification for case received with EAC#
6/6/2019 - NOA1 received
6/29/2019 - Biometrics letter received
7/10/2019 - Attended biometrics
4/10/2020 - New Card is being produced
4/13/2020 - Case was Approved
4/15/2020 - Approval notice received

4/17/2020 - Card was received
**No transfers, No RFE, No interview**

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Passed my interview today! I asked about the oath ceremony but my IO had no idea. He did say it shouldn't be too much longer, so here's hoping!

14 hours ago, HopeFab said:

At this point we need waivers if they are not gonna try to virtually conduct interviews. This is a whole heaping mess.

Are they purposely willing to backlog the system even further to justify getting their funding from congress? I don’t get it.

I'd argue it's congress at fault. Clearly with applications being low due to the pandemic, the money coming in would be reduced. The fact that congress has not assisted them at all is not that surprising either, immigrants tend to be overwhelmingly (but not all) more in line with the Democratic party platform. 

I believe the backlog is politically motivated. We are just pawns in the game, as are, USCIS staff. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
16 hours ago, KCMO said:

Ok never mind, Just checked with receipt number on check case status page and it shows "We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt ". So yes, now waiting for the oath ceremony notice. :)

Check the link the just changed the whole schedule 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Winterbeard said:

I'd argue it's congress at fault. Clearly with applications being low due to the pandemic, the money coming in would be reduced. The fact that congress has not assisted them at all is not that surprising either, immigrants tend to be overwhelmingly (but not all) more in line with the Democratic party platform. 

I believe the backlog is politically motivated. We are just pawns in the game, as are, USCIS staff. 

Totally agree. Especially with the last part 

Edited by HopeFab

2 hours ago, krylonblue said:

Passed my interview today! I asked about the oath ceremony but my IO had no idea. He did say it shouldn't be too much longer, so here's hoping!

Congrats! 

Your timeline isn't updated so which field office was this?

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.