3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This is the continuation thread for

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/719934-vawa-part-16/

which has been closed because of its large size.

-------

I continue to look forward to celebrating approvals and announcements of progress along with you here in Part 17.

Edited to add:  If someone left an unanswered question in Part 16, please answer it here.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Because the VAWA process can be tense and stressful, we sometimes throw in humor to lighten the mood.  Here, for your diversion, is a frank and irreverent look at the very end of the immigration process. :bonk: 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/382775-mrs-t-b-the-citizenship-test/

Remember to use your reputation points to comment. :) :bonk: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi

@sandranj
I received a rfe for additional evidence with regards to the place of residence with my abuser of a husband. Now the first place we live which was NJ we had shared documents, but when started abusing me he move us to another state just to isolate me from anyone I have come to know. The second place we had not shard documents he never included me in the lease and at that time I had not documents in the new state to obtain state ID’s. We only live together for few months before the abuse got out hand and I have to look for a way to get out. Please how do I explain this situation to the uscis. I got the rfe a week ago

kindly reply anyone with similar situation.

thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I think they stopped doing Infopass everywhere. It’s the Trump administration changes, to save $$. They think that all the information can be received by phone. In fact, it’s a disservice to customers as most of the time the first line customer reps know nothing and just read you the information on the screen. To get to a second -tier officer or supervisor is difficult, and USCIS rarely call back.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My prime facia expired in October, I’m yet to get a renewal( I tot it was automatic) I contacted my lawyer but she said I should just wait cuz June/July are already been approved.I filed July 2018. Do you think I should go ahead and request for it or just wait.m wondering why I wasn’t sent a renewal.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone.

I read documents carefully and study this
My receipt says so:

"section:
self petitioning Spouse of Abusive U.S.C. or LPR"

I understand (think) that these are two different things.
I do not have a green card because LPR won't suit my case

Am I mistaken?
I want to study it further and in advance   to know what further documents I should do in Russia and in the USA when my son and I arrive.

Thank you and have a nice day. Hugs.

19 minutes ago, natalysmile said:

Hello everyone.

I read documents carefully and study this
My receipt says so:

"section:
self petitioning Spouse of Abusive U.S.C. or LPR"

I understand (think) that these are two different things.
I do not have a green card because LPR won't suit my case

Am I mistaken?
I want to study it further and in advance   to know what further documents I should do in Russia and in the USA when my son and I arrive.

Thank you and have a nice day. Hugs.

You are the spouse of a USC right? Your husband is a citizen yes?😕 that's what USCIS was reffering to. VAWA entails you either be the spouse of a USC or LPR (Greencard holder).

7 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Because the VAWA process can be tense and stressful, we sometimes throw in humor to lighten the mood.  Here, for your diversion, is a frank and irreverent look at the very end of the immigration process. :bonk: 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/382775-mrs-t-b-the-citizenship-test/

Remember to use your reputation points to comment. :) :bonk: 

Thank you very much for helping us around in visa journey family even if you are done with all your immigration cases. May the Almighty God bless you and your family. To all of you who are waiting on your different stage of waiting be strong do what is expected from you, Don't stress out and wait. It will come. May God bless us with more approvals on this thread. Blessings to you all! 

47 minutes ago, Chilly26 said:

My prime facia expired in October, I’m yet to get a renewal( I tot it was automatic) I contacted my lawyer but she said I should just wait cuz June/July are already been approved.I filed July 2018. Do you think I should go ahead and request for it or just wait.m wondering why I wasn’t sent a renewal.

Are you utilizing any benefits from the PF? If yes then go ahead and request it..the fact that there are June approvals doesn't mean you should fold your hands and wait till you get approved! You'll be surprised to learn that there are still cases pending from two years ago..so go ahead and request!👍

46 minutes ago, Chilly26 said:

Hi Chilly26, I am a July 2018 filer as well. My prima facie expired August 2019 and i waited until October 2019 to send in a renewal request because like you I thought I would have automatically receive the renewal which I didn’t  either. My petition was updated to “corespondent received and USCIS is reviewing it” but so far I haven’t received the actual renewal letter. But I guess since they are at 2018 they’re not worrying to send it, which is fine by me if my I360 approval is right around the corner 😂🙏🏾

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You are the spouse of a USC right? Your husband is a citizen yes?😕 that's what USCIS was reffering to. VAWA entails you either be the spouse of a USC or LPR (Greencard holder).

Yes, my husband, now a former husband, is a US citizen.
But I do not have green cards

I need to know and study further
What documents in Russia will I have to fill out

1 minute ago, natalysmile said:

Yes, my husband, now a former husband, is a US citizen.
But I do not have green cards

I need to know and study further
What documents in Russia will I have to fill out

Of course you do not have greencard! It's the reason you're self petitioning so you can obtain it without the help of your abuser! It's one step at a time!👍

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Of course you do not have greencard! It's the reason you're self petitioning so you can obtain it without the help of your abuser! It's one step at a time!👍

I asked the wrong question
I need to know and study what documents I will have to fill out?
 Or will they tell me in a letter?

DS 260...DS 160  or other?

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.