Daxnet

GOT MARRIED ON FIRST VISIT

16 posts in this topic

I was wondering the best way to tackle the question of "where did you meet your spouse".

We were introduced by a mutual friend, but she never visited throughout our online courtship period.

Her first visit is when we got married and she filed for me immediately she returned back to the States.

Won't admitting that we were introduced during interview lead to AP ? Because I keep reading that your spouse must visit once or twice at least before getting married.

We are from same country and state, so telling a sweet lie about our meeting won't be an issue.

Edited by Daxnet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I met my husband online , I married on my first visit and he was approved.

The only way to address how you met, is with the truth. Lying is misrepresentation and will get you banned for life. Period.

Everyone gets put in AP.

Edited by Cathi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Marriage on the first visit can be considered a cultural norm in many parts of the world.  As to answering the question, where did you meet your spouse, I would think that would be pretty easy to answer.  Future spouses meet in many ways, online, through family or friends, through arrangement, etc.  just be honest and you should be fine.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, Cathi said:

I met my husband online , I married on my first visit and he was approved.

The only way to address how you met, is with the truth. Lying is misrepresentation and will get you banned for life. Period.

Everyone gets put in AP.

Thanks. 

Well said....

14 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Marriage on the first visit can be considered a cultural norm in many parts of the world.  As to answering the question, where did you meet your spouse, I would think that would be pretty easy to answer.  Future spouses meet in many ways, online, through family or friends, through arrangement, etc.  just be honest and you should be fine.

Good Luck!

Thanks a bunch...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Which consulate?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Getting married on the first visit shouldn't be a problem if you have evidence of lots of other visits before the visa interview about a year after filing the petition, plus evidence of co-mingling of finances, as much as you can do while living apart.  Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
19 hours ago, Daxnet said:

I was wondering the best way to tackle the question of "where did you meet your spouse".

We were introduced by a mutual friend, but she never visited throughout our online courtship period.

Her first visit is when we got married and she filed for me immediately she returned back to the States.

Won't admitting that we were introduced during interview lead to AP ? Because I keep reading that your spouse must visit once or twice at least before getting married.

We are from same country and state, so telling a sweet lie about our meeting won't be an issue.

We were set up through mutual friends and met online.  Married on the first visit, I returned and filed.  We have never experienced any issues with our case.  
If asked tell them exactly how you were introduced and how it progressed.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

South Africa is on the high fraud list

https://mypathtocitizenship.com/which-countries-are-on-the-uscis-high-fraud-list/

so, you need to back up your relationship as real with some quality time together

also, 

The USC will be filing tax returns for 2019 soon (before April 15th) so she should add you as nonresident alien spouse to help show you are starting to commingle finances

follow the IRS site to do this

she will be applying for the ITIN (Individual taxpayer ID number) with IRS and will need proof of marriage and your birth

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/nonresident-alien-spouse

After she gets the ITIN .  tell her to write to me and i will guide her through the next steps to commingle finances so you can show these at interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 12/4/2019 at 10:53 AM, Daxnet said:

How many times did you meet after the marriage? This is most important. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.