dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2019

1,006 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Submitted 11/10

Called NVC 12/26 they told me to wait 2 weeks and call again. 

Hopefully they get back to working with full efficiency late next week. Have a good weekend all. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 hours ago, George George said:

I hope it's that easy to tell you 😅😅 but i will say prepare for the normal 6-8 weeks and if it comes sooner then this is your Christmas gift 😁

On their website it says they're working on 10/31. Is this accurate or are they actually slightly ahead? Hoping that's the case. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
13 hours ago, SC97 said:

Hey guys. I'm new to this thread. Just submitted my civil documents/financial stuff today. How long will it take for them to review? Hong Kong here!

Welcome SC97 :)

Just remember: no rules, no paterns and be patient. 😎

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys, I finished my application on CEAC a little while ago. You know how it goes, time passed, nothing happened and paranoia starts setting in. So then I started wondering if I ever got confirmation that all of my documents were received. I did get a confirmation page after finishing the IV application. But it took me a while (over a month after that) to submit the financial documentation. After that, I don't recall receiving any confirmation besides the fact that on CEAC's home tab the document's statuses changed to submitted. I tried the "check my visa application status" option on CEAC and got "Action required: Submit requested documents". That's when i panicked. Does that mean that I forgot something? How can I be sure that they have all of my documents and can start reviewing them? Did I do it wrong? Should I have waited to submit my IV application last?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

If I have all my paperwork prepared for my IV package but I won't have my AOS package completed until I file taxes this coming year, should I submit my IV package now and then the AOS when it's ready? Or should I submit everything at once?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
11 minutes ago, msantanna said:

Hey guys, I finished my application on CEAC a little while ago. You know how it goes, time passed, nothing happened and paranoia starts setting in. So then I started wondering if I ever got confirmation that all of my documents were received. I did get a confirmation page after finishing the IV application. But it took me a while (over a month after that) to submit the financial documentation. After that, I don't recall receiving any confirmation besides the fact that on CEAC's home tab the document's statuses changed to submitted. I tried the "check my visa application status" option on CEAC and got "Action required: Submit requested documents". That's when i panicked. Does that mean that I forgot something? How can I be sure that they have all of my documents and can start reviewing them? Did I do it wrong? Should I have waited to submit my IV application last?

As long as it says “submitted” you’re fine, you don’t get an email confirmation for submitting everything and your status will only change once your documents have been accepted and you’ve been DQd

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
9 minutes ago, msantanna said:

Hi, 

it’s says « action required » because NVC still didn’t look at your case . 

Once  you see « submitted » in front of the I-864 +ds-260 and you submitted all documents required it’s ok . 

the statuts will change from « action required » to. « At NVC » when they gonna look at your case 

The date aid the last submission ( in your case , the financial documents) is the date they gonna take in account .

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kani2015 said:

If I have all my paperwork prepared for my IV package but I won't have my AOS package completed until I file taxes this coming year, should I submit my IV package now and then the AOS when it's ready? Or should I submit everything at once?

You can submit everything now if you want. Unless it’s going to help a significant amount to wait until 2019 taxes, you can just submit with 2018 as 2018 is technically the current tax year until 2019 tax year ends in April. If you do want to wait for 2019 taxes then you can submit them separately it won’t affect anything, just keep in mind nothing will be reviewed until you submit both, and they will review it based off of the newest submission date 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, LilyJ said:

As long as it says “submitted” you’re fine, you don’t get an email confirmation for submitting everything and your status will only change once your documents have been accepted and you’ve been DQd

Awesome! Thanks Lily! I suppose then that I should consider the date when I submitted my last documents as the date my application was finished, right?

Timeline
Just now, msantanna said:

Awesome! Thanks Lily! I suppose then that I should consider the date when I submitted my last documents as the date my application was finished, right?

Yep exactly right, they’ll go by the date of the last document submission when reviewing your case (though who even knows how they do it at this point!)

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

You can submit everything now if you want. Unless it’s going to help a significant amount to wait until 2019 taxes, you can just submit with 2018 as 2018 is technically the current tax year until 2019 tax year ends in April. If you do want to wait for 2019 taxes then you can submit them separately it won’t affect anything, just keep in mind nothing will be reviewed until you submit both, and they will review it based off of the newest submission date 

Oh ok in that case, I might as well just wait until everything's complete. We decided just to wait to file 2019 taxes so we don't need to worry about getting a joint sponsor. Thanks for the help!

15 hours ago, SC97 said:

On their website it says they're working on 10/31. Is this accurate or are they actually slightly ahead? Hoping that's the case. 

It's a conservative estimate they give. We got DQ yesterday and submitted somewhere early December. Obviously, that doesn't mean they're working on that date, just for us.

16 hours ago, SC97 said:

Mines got reviewed as of those days but some people gets lucky. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.