Sarge2155

December 2019 I-129F (K1) Filers

1,802 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

You think stuff will still come through with the world on shut down?  

We are already seeing change from "normal business" practices. With embassies shut down, with no cases being sent from NVC. So things are at a stand still. When will it change. Those are Los Vegas odds.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

15 minutes ago, PaulinaZ said:

Hi guys!!

Im happy to join the group. Our NOA1 is December 20th. 
I keep track with November fillers group too. Seems like despite the whole Covid-19 situation, everything is still moving forward. 

That was before the shutdown, expect it to get worst before it gets better.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

It's nice too see that some approvals are coming in. While I'm sure things will slow down a bit due to the current situation in the world, I'm still looking towards hearing something soon.  Even if it means the medical testing and embassy appointments and such have to be put on hold, at least (hopefully) we'll know we're approved and that shimmer of hope makes me happy. :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
10 minutes ago, mryrth said:

It's nice too see that some approvals are coming in. While I'm sure things will slow down a bit due to the current situation in the world, I'm still looking towards hearing something soon.  Even if it means the medical testing and embassy appointments and such have to be put on hold, at least (hopefully) we'll know we're approved and that shimmer of hope makes me happy. :) 

That’s exactly what I meant! It gives lots of positive energy! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 minutes ago, mryrth said:

AGREED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
58 minutes ago, mryrth said:

I concur, I the backlog that might occur with USCIS is not country specific and will be huge compared to that imminent at various embassies which are country specific.. If there are not too many K1 filers from a specific country embassies can clear backlog in a month or so... But for USCIS it will be bad... good they keep the approvals coming

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Did the USCIS just shut down? I read that due to the unfolding COVID19 events, USCIS are closing their offices. #### my luck. I had tickets to fly out to Europe in April, now this!?

Edited by Rob Beri

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've been quiet and hunkered down for a while, but this COVID19 pandemic is beginning to make me and my fiance very nervous. I figured there aren't a lot of answers out there right now, things change day to day. Here in the States it's escalated rather rapidly with all of the shut downs. My fiance and I were beginning to have a lot of hope and get excited just a few weeks ago...I've gotten two emails (once as recent as 3/15)  from VJ regarding my timeline giving us an estimate for our NOA2 within the first week of April. Also, he has been in contact on another forum here with a woman from his country (Chile) who is an early November filer and she received her NOA2 on day 122 March 6th...we have seemed to be a month behind her and her fiance during our process so far and with the two emails I got it seemed hopeful. But now we are so anxious. It seems like all the shut downs will delay interviews, and those were already seeming to move so slowly that now I'll be surprised they don't get immensely back logged at the Consulate the longer they are closed. I have not seen my fiance since October 11th and we can't believe it could be another 3-5 months minimum until we see each other again. It was already difficult for me to arrange to visit him and now there's no chance...we are devastated and I am not doing well in the middle of all of this... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
5 minutes ago, CnE2019 said:

Hi everyone,

I've been quiet and hunkered down for a while, but this COVID19 pandemic is beginning to make me and my fiance very nervous. I figured there aren't a lot of answers out there right now, things change day to day. Here in the States it's escalated rather rapidly with all of the shut downs. My fiance and I were beginning to have a lot of hope and get excited just a few weeks ago...I've gotten two emails (once as recent as 3/15)  from VJ regarding my timeline giving us an estimate for our NOA2 within the first week of April. Also, he has been in contact on another forum here with a woman from his country (Chile) who is an early November filer and she received her NOA2 on day 122 March 6th...we have seemed to be a month behind her and her fiance during our process so far and with the two emails I got it seemed hopeful. But now we are so anxious. It seems like all the shut downs will delay interviews, and those were already seeming to move so slowly that now I'll be surprised they don't get immensely back logged at the Consulate the longer they are closed. I have not seen my fiance since October 11th and we can't believe it could be another 3-5 months minimum until we see each other again. It was already difficult for me to arrange to visit him and now there's no chance...we are devastated and I am not doing well in the middle of all of this... 

I feel you on this, my fiance and I parted on Dec. 5 and haven't seen each other since. He's my only friend and during this hard and scary time, it hurts that we can't be together and we'd have to wait even longer. He was planning to visit me in April, but there's no chance with the travel bans and I don't want him getting sick. 

We will get through this though, hang in there. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

@CnE2019 I’m in the same boat. Last I’ve seen my fiancé was in December and we were planning on seeing each other this week actually, for my birthday as well. But we had to cancel everything.  

We’re starting to get a little tense and not having any idea when this will be over, so we can see each other, it makes it even harder. I got to admit I’m upset and sad and sometimes I even put that on him😔
 It’s tough missing the loved one. Hang in there and I believe we’ll get out from this successful and permanently with our loved ones. That’s my wish for everyone here! 

Everyone I know this shutdown is hard for alot of us to swallow, but what are you going to do? I would recommend  that you do not look for a quick fix meaning the cancellations of personal face to face interaction with USCIS is going to  persist for a awhile several months at least. I just don't see it being over in two weeks. USCIS said cancellations would run at least until April 1st. That's  misleading IMO they should have said until further notice. There are going to be an awful lot of depressed people over their petitions. My advice the sooner you come to grips with this the better off you'll be.

It's  hard yes but nothing we can do. I'm  very sorry everyone, but I feel you and I understand.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

Everyone I know this shutdown is hard for alot of us to swallow, but what are you going to do? I would recommend  that you do not look for a quick fix meaning the cancellations of personal face to face interaction with USCIS is going to  persist for a awhile several months at least. I just don't see it being over in two weeks. USCIS said cancellations would run at least until April 1st. That's  misleading IMO they should have said until further notice. There are going to be an awful lot of depressed people over their petitions. My advice the sooner you come to grips with this the better off you'll be.

It's  hard yes but nothing we can do. I'm  very sorry everyone, but I feel you and I understand.

Do k1 visa applicants need face to face services for our process? How does this effect our approvals? I’m just curious to know🤦🏽‍♀️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Britney868 said:

Do k1 visa applicants need face to face services for our process? How does this effect our approvals? I’m just curious to know🤦🏽‍♀️

No the applicants do not have face to face meetings or services. 

8 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

No the applicants do not have face to face meetings or services. 

No face to face UNTIL the interview at the embassies. But not required for the initial  submission of the I-129F.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

No face to face UNTIL the interview at the embassies. But not required for the initial  submission of the I-129F.

That means we should still see approvals, unless they suspend all service?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.