Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Timeline
1 hour ago, Erin86 said:

Quick question - was it 30 days or 30 business days?... Trying to stay hopeful for getting something soon 😤😔

They received our application on Dec.2, and texted us/cashed check Dec.30.  Hard copy of NO1 Jan.2 so yeh, 30 regular days.  If I remember, your a week behind us, right?  So this SHOULD be your week!  

Hace 57 minutos, NJShoreMom dijo:

Recibimos nuestra solicitud el 2 de diciembre y nos enviaron un mensaje de texto con cheque cobrado el 30 de diciembre. Copia impresa del NO1 del 2 de enero, así que, 30 días regulares. Si no recuerdo mal, estás una semana detrás de nosotros, ¿verdad? ¡Entonces esta DEBE ser tu semana!  

And what date did they put on your noa?  taking into account that you sent it in December and they took so long, mine was received on December 13 and I still have no answer

Edited by Liddy92

2 hours ago, NJShoreMom said:

They received our application on Dec.2, and texted us/cashed check Dec.30.  Hard copy of NO1 Jan.2 so yeh, 30 regular days.  If I remember, your a week behind us, right?  So this SHOULD be your week!  

Ok that's encouraging haha, thanks! Delivered Dec 13 ... just waiting 🤷‍♀️🤞

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all!

I'm pretty late joining this thread 😅Would have been super helpful when I was organizing my files.

Anyway, I sent out my AOS package (I-485 with I-864 and I-765) on December 24 and was delivered and signed by a J.Harper on the December 26.

Got a text on January 2nd (midnight, weird lol) saying my case was received and husband saw they took out the money on the same day.

My concern is that I noticed from other's posts that they also filed for travel...I didn't file because I didn't think I would be needing it for the next couple months but I'm not exactly sure what the timeline is looking like.

My religious marriage ceremony is in August and it will be taking place in Jamaica - will I be okay or should I file for that travel document?

Also, what's the time estimate for receiving Employment Authorization?

Edited by donjamie
Added question

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Filed our AOS on the 23rd! Since it was around the Christmas period I'm assuming it will take a bit longer to be charged? 
Thanks and good luck everyone! 

I-129F Sent : 2019-02-11

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:
Interview date: 
Entered the US:

Filed AOS/EAD/AP:

NOA1:

Biometrics App:
RFE:

RFE Responded:

2019-02-20

2019-05-12
2019-08-01

2019-09-08

2019-12-19

2020-01-10

2020-01-30

2020-02-13

2020-02-16

27 minutes ago, William&Emily said:

Filed our AOS on the 23rd! Since it was around the Christmas period I'm assuming it will take a bit longer to be charged? 
Thanks and good luck everyone! 

Agreed but it'll be processed soon.  Welcome to the thread!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

Good Morning VJ, 

We ended up sending our packet on the last day of this year. It was delivered via USPS certified on Friday, January 3rd. 
I guess we will technically be a January filer. 
From reading through this thread, would I be correct that it may be around 3 to 4 weeks before we hear anything? 
I was hoping we get something by January 20th since Ryan has been here 90 days than (wishful thinking 💭) . 
If we do not have anything by then what should he be carrying? 
For now he has his marriage certificate, passport, and I94. 
What does he carry after this ? His NOA 1 once received? 
Thanks and best of luck to all December filers. 

On 1/4/2020 at 5:47 PM, Misis O said:

Hi @Sarge2155! Nice to see you here

Not a good end of 2019 and start of the year for me in terms of my AOS application

Submitted 12/5/19

Delivered by USPS 12/9/19

Still no word, email, sms or credit card transaction from USCIS until now 😢

Today is 31 days since they received our application. I am physically sick. If they don’t run our credit card today, I don’t know what to even do. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, scotland2florida said:

Today is 31 days since they received our application. I am physically sick. If they don’t run our credit card today, I don’t know what to even do. 

Is this becoming typical now ? 

1 hour ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

As you can see from this thread, there is absolutely no consistency. I (and others here) have been waiting for NOA1 coming up on 4 weeks here... whereas others have sent in as late as Dec 24 and received their NOA1 within 3 days... So to me it seems you either get the quick processing or you are left to wait out a full 30 days. 

1 hour ago, scotland2florida said:

Noooo don't  feel that way,  give it a bit more time. It's  the first full week after  the holidays, no reason to panic, no reason  at all. Give it more time. Are you counting total days or working days?

1 hour ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

We are seeing more couples  wait 30 days, but it's not typical.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 minute ago, Erin86 said:

As you can see from this thread, there is absolutely no consistency. I (and others here) have been waiting for NOA1 coming up on 4 weeks here... whereas others have sent in as late as Dec 24 and received their NOA1 within 3 days... So to me it seems you either get the quick processing or you are left to wait out a full 30 days. 

Yes just like K1 processing there is no rhythm or reason on how they process. We just have to learn more patience as what good does it do to panic or stress!

Citizenship Complete!

I would definitely call USCIS and try to get some answers. They have told me several times if it is longer than 30 days I may have to resend... (that made me sick) so I would just do a quick call and try to speak to someone useful (there aren't many but I have been lucky here and there). Let us know what they say... Good luck!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes just like K1 processing there is no rhythm or reason on how they process. We just have to learn more patience as what good does it do to panic or stress!

I would have to concur. Most people take their vacations just like you and I around this time.
In addition, we had several federal holidays. I would expect it would take much longer. 

Like Sarge says, I would not stress to much yet as I’m sure this week will probably resume business as usual. Keep your head up, I’m certain yours will come soon. Keep us posted. 

16 hours ago, donjamie said:

Hi all!

I'm pretty late joining this thread 😅Would have been super helpful when I was organizing my files.

Anyway, I sent out my AOS package (I-485 with I-864 and I-765) on December 24 and was delivered and signed by a J.Harper on the December 26.

Got a text on January 2nd (midnight, weird lol) saying my case was received and husband saw they took out the money on the same day.

My concern is that I noticed from other's posts that they also filed for travel...I didn't file because I didn't think I would be needing it for the next couple months but I'm not exactly sure what the timeline is looking like.

My religious marriage ceremony is in August and it will be taking place in Jamaica - will I be okay or should I file for that travel document?

Also, what's the time estimate for receiving Employment Authorization?

If you leave without having authorization, you risk not being able to return and the Immigration Officer can deny you entry at customs, you have to do the process all over from the outside Blah Blah Blah, avoid that mix up. I suggest you file the document and get permission. After all... that is what it’s there for, to save us from ourselves.

Some get the EAD before getting their GC interview and some get it a week or two after, there is no guarantee that you will receive it before your interview. 

All the best!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.