juli2015

Re-filing for my parents after denial

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, juli2015 said:

How do I refile after mum was denied for not having enough evidence for her return back to Nigeria.

What visa?

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Your mom would file not you. Did she recently have a significant change in her life? Bought a house? Etc. if not then her circumstances wouldn’t have changed and she would likely be denied again. Mom needs to prove ties to Nigeria, not you.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 minute ago, juli2015 said:

yes there are land properties,how do I send my invitation letter to them, does that even count?I am planning on filling for both mom and dad at the same time.Dad works while mum is a housewife.

Invitations don't count. 

All visitor visa applicants are presumed to have immigrant intent.  They need to show strong ties to the home country to overcome that presumption.  The only place to show it is on the DS-160 and at the interview.

If your mom's circumstances has not changed, she will probably get another denial.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, juli2015 said:

yes there are land properties,how do I send my invitation letter to them, does that even count?I am planning on filling for both mom and dad at the same time.Dad works while mum is a housewife.

Invitation letter holds no weight. If anything, having a child in the US works AGAINST her, and not in her favor. 

If her visa got denied, it's because the CO assumed she has more reasons to STAY in the US than to return to Nigeria. Not an easy obstacle to overcome, which might mean you will have to visit your parents instead of having them visit you.

Edited by Nat&Amy

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
3 minutes ago, juli2015 said:

what about those that bring there parents to visit them? what did they do differently? they are coming for visiting and to see there grand kids

You are not understanding how things work.  

Parents applied and got visitor visas based on their circumstances.  Their kids have nothing to do with getting visitor visas for their parents.  

What they did differently is have different circumstances from your parents.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, juli2015 said:

what about those that bring there parents to visit them? what did they do differently? they are coming for visiting and to see there grand kids

Some parents might have been able to prove stronger ties to their country, or they have a satisfying history of travelling, or their profile is just different. Very hard to tell who gets a visa and who doesn't. It's not a fair system, and it doesn't help that every day, here on VJ, we see stories of parents that came to visit and are now adjusting status. 

Your mother might apply again, get her case looked at by another officer and get a Visa approved. Chances are, however, that it will be denied again, especially if nothing in her circumstances changed.

My mother lives in another country as well and I know it is not easy to be unable to show them your house, your kids, the city where you live. But we gotta work with what we have, so if she applies again and gets denied, you will have to think of a plan B for the family gathering.

Best of luck to you.

Edited by Nat&Amy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

What country are they from?  What type of work does your dad do?

First post.   Nigeria. 

YMMV

3 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Unfortunately and a fact many may not want to admit, but the country is a huge factor. High-risks countries from a US perspective get additional scrutiny and denial rates are way higher than lower risks countries. 

Definitely a factor. Nigeria has a 67% refusal rate for B visas. https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/RefusalRates/FY19.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.