mjoyceb

I-693 now required for interviewees

42 posts in this topic

Hi all, thanks for replying to my first post. And I'm sorry for being rude, I guess we applicants have no agency anywhere. 

I just received my letter for interview appointment (December 3). The checklist attached to it lists the I-693 form as the very first requirement. I've attached it below with my personal identification details removed. 

However, I keep seeing posts where people are saying it's not required.

Can anyone specifically from the July 2019 filing batch confirm/deny this? I personally think that we need to keep ourselves constantly updated of these changes, which is not what I see in these forums. 

I also have a pretty good DS-3025, having taken the exam at end of December 2018 and most of the required vaccines taken on January 2019. I was only lacking the flu vaccine on that form because it wasn't flu season, but I got my shot at the nearest Walgreen's this past September because I felt like I was displaying flu symptoms (thankfully it was just a cold). 

Thanks!

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed attachment do to personal information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
20 hours ago, mjoyceb said:

Hi all, thanks for replying to my first post. And I'm sorry for being rude, I guess we applicants have no agency anywhere. 

I just received my letter for interview appointment (December 3). The checklist attached to it lists the I-693 form as the very first requirement. I've attached it below with my personal identification details removed. 

Can anyone specifically from the July 2019 filing batch confirm/deny this? I personally think that we need to keep ourselves constantly updated of these changes, which is not what I see in these forums. 

I also have a pretty good DS-3025, having taken the exam at end of December 2018 and most of the required vaccines taken on January 2019. I was only lacking the flu vaccine on that form because it wasn't flu season, but I got my shot at the nearest Walgreen's this past September because I felt like I was displaying flu symptoms (thankfully it was just a cold). 

Thanks!

Want to share our experience with you, because we don’t want anyone to be put in our position.
I had my medical in Ireland in March. We submitted the DS3250, just to cover all basis with i485. We also brought it to our AOS interview but weren’t asked to produce it as the officer ‘had everything she needed’. We got RFE on Saturday for I693. Over the last 2 days I’ve spoken to 3 USCIS reps who can’t understand why it has been requested as my medical is in date. They also can’t answer if we should resend the DS 3025 or get a new medical as it came from the field office and all they can see on their system is the RFE letter we got. Wouldn’t you know, you can’t contact the field office. I called the recommended doctors office in the city I live, they told me that lately, a lot of people are being made get new medicals even though original medicals are in date. They can’t understand it.
We feel our original medical and DS3025 were lost. We’re in the situation now where we have no choice but to pay for a new medical. 
Insist they take a copy of your DS3250 at your interview, because the situation we’re in now is so frustrating and draining

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quoted part to remove attachment containing personal info

4 minutes ago, Loo1 said:

Want to share our experience with you, because we don’t want anyone to be put in our position.
I had my medical in Ireland in March. We submitted the DS3250, just to cover all basis with i485. We also brought it to our AOS interview but weren’t asked to produce it as the officer ‘had everything she needed’. We got RFE on Saturday for I693. Over the last 2 days I’ve spoken to 3 USCIS reps who can’t understand why it has been requested as my medical is in date. They also can’t answer if we should resend the DS 3025 or get a new medical as it came from the field office and all they can see on their system is the RFE letter we got. Wouldn’t you know, you can’t contact the field office. I called the recommended doctors office in the city I live, they told me that lately, a lot of people are being made get new medicals even though original medicals are in date. They can’t understand it.
We feel our original medical and DS3025 were lost. We’re in the situation now where we have no choice but to pay for a new medical. 
Insist they take a copy of your DS3250 at your interview, because the situation we’re in now is so frustrating and draining

Well that is just crappy.

Thank you for sharing your experience all the same!

I am so sorry to hear about this though, and I really hope it gets sorted.

Timeline
Just now, mjoyceb said:

Well that is just crappy.

Thank you for sharing your experience all the same!

I am so sorry to hear about this though, and I really hope it gets sorted.

So crappy and frustrating, especially since it’s not needed and we had it at the interview. 
We just advise anyone going for the interview to either ask about the DS3250 or insist they take a copy of it 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Loo1 said:

So crappy and frustrating, especially since it’s not needed and we had it at the interview. 
We just advise anyone going for the interview to either ask about the DS3250 or insist they take a copy of it 

Probably worth reporting to the Ombudsman's office. If that gets no traction, then the DHS IG.

And take care of your medical... good luck!

20 hours ago, mjoyceb said:

Thanks!

I am going to share my experience really quick I'm from NYC my wife had her interview at 26 federal Plaza everything went Smoove she stated it was a good interview had no doubts. Until boom at the end she said I can not approve your wife she needs new medical records I was shocked since it was submitted within the year. So I went got the new medical records took them in the following week as she did tell me the faster you bring in your results the faster you get your approval. Fast forward its going on 5months I have not heard nothing back I called all they can tell me is wait it really sucks. So if I were you I would go prepared with a new one like that it will not cause delays. :) hope this helps a bit

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quoted part to remove attachment containing personal info

15 minutes ago, GioRod said:

I am going to share my experience really quick I'm from NYC my wife had her interview at 26 federal Plaza everything went Smoove she stated it was a good interview had no doubts. Until boom at the end she said I can not approve your wife she needs new medical records I was shocked since it was submitted within the year. So I went got the new medical records took them in the following week as she did tell me the faster you bring in your results the faster you get your approval. Fast forward its going on 5months I have not heard nothing back I called all they can tell me is wait it really sucks. So if I were you I would go prepared with a new one like that it will not cause delays. :) hope this helps a bit

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm so sorry to hear about this too. Hopefully it gets sorted soonest. 

So far I have two testimonies confirming that a full medical exam under the I-693 is now required. Sigh. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, TandSarahJane said:

Probably worth reporting to the Ombudsman's office. If that gets no traction, then the DHS IG.

And take care of your medical... good luck!

We’re planning on doing that, purely in the hope that it saves people for being put in this position. 
Thank you, medical is booked for the morning 

35 minutes ago, GioRod said:

It’s insane to me that they are doing this to people when medicals are in date!!! Hope you guys hear something soon 🤞🏼

Edited by Loo1

4 minutes ago, Loo1 said:

We’re planning on doing that, purely in the hope that it saves people for being put in this position. 
Thank you, medical is booked for the morning 

It’s insane to me that they are doing this to people when medicals are in date!!! Hope you guys hear something soon 🤞🏼

How much is the new medical?

Timeline
24 minutes ago, billding said:

How much is the new medical?

The lady on the phone said the minimum we’d pay out of pocket is $384, depending if the doctor requires additional testing or vaccines this would go up. I can let you know what the final total is after my appointment in the morning if you want? 

Lots of misinformation in this post.

Please do your research through the VJ forums as this is discussed almost daily.

An I693 is not required if your IO knows the policy and the applicant followed the procedure of vaccinations and filing within a year of medical exam.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

53 minutes ago, mjoyceb said:

So far I have two testimonies confirming that a full medical exam under the I-693 is now required. Sigh. 

False.

Ensure your testimonials have explained their situation fully as to WHY it was required before spreading bad info as fact on VJ.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

False.

Ensure your testimonials have explained their situation fully as to WHY it was required before spreading bad info as fact on VJ.

They are not stating why you need another one only they want one. I have spoken to 3 representatives in 2 days, none of them could understand why it was requested. It’s at the field offices discretion. I 100% agree with you it’s not needed, it’s unfortunate people are being put in this position without being giving any clarification as to why. Based on what the doctors office said, this has been a re- occurrence in Tennessee at least. 

15 minutes ago, Loo1 said:

The lady on the phone said the minimum we’d pay out of pocket is $384, depending if the doctor requires additional testing or vaccines this would go up. I can let you know what the final total is after my appointment in the morning if you want? 

Please do thanks! Kind of worried too because with the AOS already costing a lot plus extra fees for a new medical.

I wish they'd publish a clear set of guidelines about this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.