kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 hours ago, iamexcited3021 said:

I sent in my 130 online on may 31, got that it's in Nebraska. 

May 31, 2021 Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent

it's been 70 days

anything to do or just wait? just wondering. it's my first time to deal with them. 

thank you.

Have you received your paper NOA1 in the mail yet? On the bottom, it should tell you which service center is processing your petition. It apparently always shows Nebraska first for all petitions filed online, so you might have gotten transferred to a different one. 

Other than waiting and checking the status of your petition online every once in a while, there’s nothing you can do right now. 

19 hours ago, StrawberryKiss said:

Have you received your paper NOA1 in the mail yet? On the bottom, it should tell you which service center is processing your petition. It apparently always shows Nebraska first for all petitions filed online, so you might have gotten transferred to a different one. 

Other than waiting and checking the status of your petition online every once in a while, there’s nothing you can do right now. 

yeps. got the mail which says Nebraska.

cool, seems just wait then like I thought. 

thanks a lot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I applied for step daughter I130 online

First got the NOA1 the next day saying its in CSC but when I asked Emma 2 weeks back it said its in Nebraska.

I asked to be upgraded as I became US Citizen got the approval this morning.

August 9, 2021 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS
June 19, 2021 We received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and sent you a receipt notice.

On 8/10/2021 at 1:18 AM, ak2021 said:

I applied for step daughter I130 online

First got the NOA1 the next day saying its in CSC but when I asked Emma 2 weeks back it said its in Nebraska.

I asked to be upgraded as I became US Citizen got the approval this morning.

August 9, 2021 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS
June 19, 2021 We received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and sent you a receipt notice.

What's your service center? 

On 8/11/2021 at 2:51 AM, iamexcited3021 said:

I make like 10K a year so yeah can he just be the sponsor?

No -- as the petitioner, you are your wife's primary sponsor.  Your brother can be your joint sponsor.  You and your brother will each need to sign an I-864 form and submit your financial documents.

1 hour ago, Chancy said:

No -- as the petitioner, you are your wife's primary sponsor.  Your brother can be your joint sponsor.  You and your brother will each need to sign an I-864 form and submit your financial documents.

the I-864 will be online right? 

And what do I have to submit?

I read the steps but a bit confused

14 minutes ago, iamexcited3021 said:

the I-864 will be online right? 

6 minutes ago, startingI30app said:

submitting all those forms and all, can be done online right or does something have to be mailed in?

Online.  After the I-130 petition is approved, the required financial + civil documents will need to be submitted to NVC through their CEAC portal.

16 minutes ago, iamexcited3021 said:

I read the steps but a bit confused

9 minutes ago, startingI30app said:

Sorry not much info on 130 online filing for th NVC stage. 

Please read through the official guide to NVC Processing here -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

4 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Online.  After the I-130 petition is approved, the required financial + civil documents will need to be submitted to NVC through their CEAC portal.

Please read through the official guide to NVC Processing here -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

OMG! so the whole thing is online ??? that's awesome

because I read when the relative goes to the embassy in their country, they have to take the affidavit sponsor documents

so I don't know kind of confused. 

3 minutes ago, iamexcited3021 said:

because I read when the relative goes to the embassy in their country, they have to take the affidavit sponsor documents

The digital versions of the required documents need to be uploaded to CEAC.  Then the originals of all the required civil documents and paper copies of some of the financial documents must be hand-carried by the beneficiary to their visa interview.  The actual list of documents to bring will differ slightly depending on the embassy/consulate.

1 hour ago, TedBrosby said:

Got our approval notice!  

Hang in there everyone.  

I've updated my timeline if you're curious. 

that's awesome!

Congrats!

I have this

May 31, 2021 Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent

on case history on Uscis website. 

and got a letter in the mail says nebraska

anything else to do or just wait?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.