kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

I have submitted my RFE on 2020/12/20 and until now still no response, I have asked on the live chat on USCIS and they say the will submit a service request..but still need to wait for 30 days and see if the service center will reply... has anyone experienced this long waiting of approval after submitting RFE?

really struggling..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I have a question when filing online:

We have lots of photos throughout 6 years, passport stamps, boarding passes, bank statements, email conversations, proof of having the same address for 1.5 years etc. I was thinking to create the timeline of the relationship by using PowerPoint presentation and then converting that document into a pfd file. (adding relevant photos and other evidence there in a timely order). Do you have better suggestions? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 3/17/2021 at 4:37 PM, Babu Frik said:

You can definitely do it on your own if your know your way around a computer to get the info.

I know some people have some more complicated cases, or it's just more convenient for them to use a lawyer, I won't bash them as others do, but this website was a life save in getting through the process.

I agree completely. Mine was even slightly complicated yet I did it myself with the help of our vj family. If you are diligent and pay attention to detail, there is so much information you can get on this forum for every step of the way. 

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 minutes ago, EMILIA KRISTIINA said:

We have lots of photos throughout 6 years, passport stamps, boarding passes, bank statements, email conversations, proof of having the same address for 1.5 years etc. I was thinking to create the timeline of the relationship by using PowerPoint presentation and then converting that document into a pfd file. (adding relevant photos and other evidence there in a timely order). Do you have better suggestions? 

IMO, this is an excellent idea and will also help you when you get to the NVC stage.  I sent my info in individually but your idea will make it much easier to identify your relationship as genuine.

You just have to be careful about file size and may have to upload your "story" in labelled parts (or chapters).

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

19 minutes ago, EMILIA KRISTIINA said:

This is basically what I did but I used MS Word, then converted on the Word documents to PDF using FreePDFConvert.com, but not the free version.  There are other conversion tools but that was the best for me at the time.  It has a compression tool as well, to reduce file sizes.

If it was a big section that might have big file sizes, I would start with a cover letter for the section, and reference Exhibit 01, Exhibit 02, etc., always naming with a logical name that keeps the files in order.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

Submitted date: 2/27/2021 

Status changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS" on 03/16/2021. 

Is this a good status change speed? We were pretty thorough with documentation, pictures, proof and information. Included my past addresses down to the last day for each one.

As of now, there hasn't been any change of servicing center messages.

Being thorough wouldn't get your case reviewed any quicker, everyone waits in a queue, usually months, but some have gotten lucky.

If you update your timeline you'll get an estimated date.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I’m just confused whether my case is at nebraska or california. My case status states that my case is under processing in nebraska sc, but at the bottom of the paper says that the mail came from california sc. What do you guys think?

B9F46101-1357-4D10-8CE8-6AC0941919E3.jpeg

4D7ABF8C-442F-44EC-8B41-B55C7411130D.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Diane Christine said:

Hi! I’m just confused whether my case is at nebraska or california. My case status states that my case is under processing in nebraska sc, but at the bottom of the paper says that the mail came from california sc. What do you guys think?

B9F46101-1357-4D10-8CE8-6AC0941919E3.jpeg

4D7ABF8C-442F-44EC-8B41-B55C7411130D.jpeg

In your case, it would be California as that’s what the NOA shows. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nelly_M said:

But everytime I log in to my USCIS account and check my status it always says that it is processing at nebraska service center?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Nelly_M said:

6 hours ago, Diane Christine said:

Incorrect.

It is at Nebraska.

Paper can't update, the website can.

It's normal to be transferred.

It doesn't' happen to everyone, but it does to some.

Some have even been transferred multiple times.

It doesn't always make sense, so don't try to understand it, I know it can be frustrating sometimes.

Sometimes it's for balancing the load of cases, sometimes certain centers process specific scenarios.

I feel like people have been getting transferred more now that everything is digitized, but there's no concrete evidence of that.

7 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

Incorrect.

It is at Nebraska.

Paper can't update, the website can.

It's normal to be transferred.

It doesn't' happen to everyone, but it does to some.

Some have even been transferred multiple times.

It doesn't always make sense, so don't try to understand it, I know it can be frustrating sometimes.

Sometimes it's for balancing the load of cases, sometimes certain centers process specific scenarios.

I feel like people have been getting transferred more now that everything is digitized, but there's no concrete evidence of that.

From the moment I filed online, mine shows Nebraska even after I received a paper copy showing Potomac, so that tells me that online version doesn’t get updated  (at least not until someone touches your file). When I contacted USCIS on unrelated issue, I was told that the address listed on your first NOA is your actual services center location, so my answer is based on that information. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nelly_M said:

From the moment I filed online, mine shows Nebraska even after I received a paper copy showing Potomac, so that tells me that online version doesn’t get updated  (at least not until someone touches your file). When I contacted USCIS on unrelated issue, I was told that the address listed on your first NOA is your actual services center location, so my answer is based on that information. 

Hi

To know where your case is right now, you can go to your inbox and send an inquiry about a case filed online. They'll tell you to go to the USCIS processing times website and choose XX SC

The one they tell you to choose is where your application is.

They can take up to 10 days to respond though

Timeline
3 hours ago, Nelly_M said:

1st tier support isn't always that knowledgeable sadly.

Being transferred is a very normal thing, there are whole threads dedicated to it.

If you search the forums you'll find lots of people it has affected, but many also get by without being transferred.

Timelines also have a field for this.

In the past year many people have said they haven't even gotten notified and didn't find out until they were approved.

At the end of the day I wouldn't even worry about it until you're a few months into the process, ever center will have you waiting.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

I actually think it is meaningless what service center my case is at because I can find plenty of examples of cases that spent 3 months at Nebraska, got transferred to California and approved in a week.  Or were apparently sitting in Nebraska for 18 months but when someone called to check they find it had been transferred to California without notice 17 months ago.  It seems it is really only useful information if a case starts dragging on longer than it seems like it should.

But just for the sake of debate.  If I went strictly by the language of the notices available to me.  I have a mailed Receipt Notice listing the Texas Service Center.  I have an online case status that says Nebraska Service Center. Both are dated March 9.  However, going strictly by the grammar of the online case status. It says "we......mailed you a receipt notice" which is past tense, indicating that the mailing of the receipt notice happened before the time of the online case status.  Then is says "It is being processed at our Nebraska Service Center location" which is present tense.  Indicating that it is being processed at the Nebraska Service Center at the time of the online case status, which is a time that is later than when the online receipt was mailed.  So, since there is a disparity between the online case status and the receipt notice as to where the case is being processed, the grammar of the online case status says that it is the more current and up to date of the two.   Additionally, it says online "Current as of today at 11:07 a.m."

Either that or it is all just random.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.