kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

I've read several posts on the thread regarding some confusion around whether to print and sign page 9 of the I-130 and upload it while filing online. Some have reported getting RFE if they haven't done so. Is this something we should do just to be on the safe side?

Edited by Rusal

2 hours ago, Rusal said:

Thanks, I decided to just follow the instructions on the form and provide a separate attachment with my name written on the back of the photo.

Agree , we did the same 👍🏼

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, Rusal said:

I've read several posts on the thread regarding some confusion around whether to print and sign page 9 of the I-130 and upload it while filing online. Some have reported getting RFE if they haven't done so. Is this something we should do just to be on the safe side?

it's a digital signature, there's a part dedicated to this.

the I-130a is the one you need to do it with.

There could be other reasons as to why someone got an RFE like if the spouse is with them in the USA

I did the digital signature and got approved no problem.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

There could be other reasons as to why someone got an RFE like if the spouse is with them in the USA

Ok, hopefully it works out for me as well. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

I didn't even sign I-130A since spouse is abroad. I did add a separate note that says 'Spouse is aboard'. I hope I don't get RFE

Timeline
35 minutes ago, mycase17 said:

I didn't even sign I-130A since spouse is abroad. I did add a separate note that says 'Spouse is aboard'. I hope I don't get RFE

You don't need that but you might need to sign is a preparer, I forgot the instructions, if you're the spouse you may not need to.

if the instructions say only sign if they are in the US they are not going to bother you about that, same with the passport photo, only if in the US

2 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

You don't need that but you might need to sign is a preparer, I forgot the instructions, if you're the spouse you may not need to.

if the instructions say only sign if they are in the US they are not going to bother you about that, same with the passport photo, only if in the US

Yup I'm the spouse, so didn't sign preparer part as well. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Rusal said:

Just submitted the I-130 application today and received notice that our case will be processed at the Nebraska Service Center. :)

Good luck

9 hours ago, mycase17 said:

We also submitted an I-130A that was not signed.  To be extra clear, we put a note about it in the Additional Information section saying that the beneficiary is not in the US.  Our petition was approved without any RFE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Chancy said:

We also submitted an I-130A that was not signed.  To be extra clear, we put a note about it in the Additional Information section saying that the beneficiary is not in the US.  Our petition was approved without any RFE.

I think its clearly stated on the instructions not to sign the i-130a once you fill th information right  on the main form you wont have to worry about anything ..  We did ours according to the instructions its 2months now Nebraska service center still waiting on NOA2

9 hours ago, Richyblaze said:

I think its clearly stated on the instructions not to sign the i-130a once you fill th information right  on the main form you wont have to worry about anything ..  We did ours according to the instructions its 2months now Nebraska service center still waiting on NOA2

I also filed mine around mid-Feb. Online it says Nebraska but when I-797 letter showed up in mail, it has 'Potmac Service Center'. I think you got lucky with yours as Nebraska is already approving cases from Jan 2021. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 3/25/2021 at 2:54 AM, TedBrosby said:

Submitted date: 2/27/2021 

Status changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS" on 03/16/2021. 

Is this a good status change speed? We were pretty thorough with documentation, pictures, proof and information. Included my past addresses down to the last day for each one.

As of now, there hasn't been any change of servicing center messages.

Any update? 

On 3/25/2021 at 10:54 AM, TedBrosby said:

Submitted date: 2/27/2021 

Status changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS" on 03/16/2021. 

Is this a good status change speed? We were pretty thorough with documentation, pictures, proof and information. Included my past addresses down to the last day for each one.

As of now, there hasn't been any change of servicing center messages.

Good status change speed? That is incredibly fast. But it has nothing to do with how thorough you were, they can’t know this when they start actively reviewing. What is somewhat surprising is that with the status moving to “Under active review”, didn’t change between March 16th and March 25th. Usually that only lasts a couple of hours to a couple of days.

For instance, we got the status “Under active review” on March 11th, and approval the next day.

Our timeline:

Married:                      07/04/2016

Filed for I-130:           09/25/2020

NOA1 Date:                09/25/2020

Active review:            03/11/2021

I-130 Approved:         03/12/2021

Case sent to DOS:     03/15/2021

NVC Received:           03/15/2021

DS-260 fees paid:      03/16/2021         

I-864 fees paid:          03/16/2021

Sent IV package:        03/24/2021

Sent I-864 package:  03/24/2021
Document review:     04/27/2021 (Marriage certificate rejected, somehow I mistakenly uploaded a different document)

Re-sent IV package:  05/04/2021

NVC Completed:        06/04/2021

NVC Left:                    06/15/2021

Consulate Received: 06/15/2021

Medical Exam:           06/29/2021

Interview date:           07/13/2021 (review)

VISA approval:           07/13/2021

VISA Received:          07/17/2021

US Entry:                     07/28/2021 (POE: Chicago)(review)

Received SS card:     08/09/2021

Timeline

Does anyone know what it means to receive the "We have taken an action on your case" email? I logged into USCIS, but all I see is the same confirmation that I saw a couple days back regarding acknowledgement that my case was received. Wondering if this means that it is being reviewed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.