kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
11 hours ago, KarolBoris said:

Great news for you... 

Can‘t believe how quickly you got a RFIE after only submitting your I-130 in November

You think so? I’m not sure. Online the message is “request for initial evidence was sent” which means they consider my application incomplete. I think it’s different from the request for evidence where they process and approve afterwards? I’m confused because the letter states I should hear from them after 60 days of responding to the RFE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
23 hours ago, Jolissa said:

Hello! did you have any issues adding the phone number? I really wanted to file online but seems like it doesn't allow overseas phone numbers. Thank you!

Hi we actually put my husband's dad's american number 😕 We couldn't add ours as well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Any Canadian filers here ? I'm filing I-130 online for CR1 from Canada and I'm wondering if we need to mention the country code (+1) for our phone numbers since we are still in north america ? My wife and I are both living in Canada. Thanks

Did any of you guys sign and scan I-130A as pdf and then upload it? If so, what did you name the file (I-130A.pdf or for example I-130A_signed_and_dated_beneficiary_name.pdf)? Does it even matter how you name the I-130 scanned pdf?

We are planning to apply ASAP so your input would really help us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Did any of you guys sign and scan I-130A as pdf and then upload it? If so, what did you name the file (I-130A.pdf or for example I-130A_signed_and_dated_beneficiary_name.pdf)? Does it even matter how you name the I-130 scanned pdf?

We are planning to apply ASAP so your input would really help us.

We plan to apply online this week (waiting for the last documents to be ready). For the I130A form, there is a specific place where to upload, so we will scan the form (PDF file) that we print in the first place, but not signed since not required as we leave abroad in Canada. We ll name it "I-130A". I don't think you need to mention it's signed in the name, they will check that out when they read the file.

Edited by Tom & Steph

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 hours ago, JAC&MEH said:

Just found out we got Nebraska....  Dumb question but is there anyway to request your petition be transferred to a different service center?

Nope... if it was possible everybody in Nebraska would have requested that already 🤣

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Nope... if it was possible everybody in Nebraska would have requested that already 🤣

Valid point!  How long has this been going on?  By looking at the forums, it looks like this has been a well known issue for quite some time.  It is surprising that the USCIS has not addressed the issue.  I had read somewhere that a number of petitions had been transferred out of Nebraska.  Any idea as to whether or not that is expected to have an effect?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, JAC&MEH said:

Valid point!  How long has this been going on?  By looking at the forums, it looks like this has been a well known issue for quite some time.  It is surprising that the USCIS has not addressed the issue.  I had read somewhere that a number of petitions had been transferred out of Nebraska.  Any idea as to whether or not that is expected to have an effect?

Well when we sent our petition almost a year ago, Nebraska was taking 7.5-9.5 months, with Potomac taking 4 and Texas was taking 6-8.. and from there the line quickly grew and before we could even blink our eyes Nebraska was at 10 months, 11 months, 12 months. Potomac is taking a few months longer as well but still only around 7ish months. Many have tried to bring to attention the ridiculousness that Nebraska has pretty much consistently taken twice as long as the other two service centers for a long time now, but so far they don't seem to acknowledge it (funny story about it though.. one guy DID get his petition approved pretty quickly by constantly posting to USCIS officers on social media and emailing every USCIS officer he could find!), other than the long overdue transfer. The transfer seems to have taken about maybe a month off of processing time, since they're able to get to March now without all the mid-late February petitions in the way, but hard to tell if it will stay the same, slow down again, or pick up the pace in the long run

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, LilyJ said:

Well when we sent our petition almost a year ago, Nebraska was taking 7.5-9.5 months, with Potomac taking 4 and Texas was taking 6-8.. and from there the line quickly grew and before we could even blink our eyes Nebraska was at 10 months, 11 months, 12 months. Potomac is taking a few months longer as well but still only around 7ish months. Many have tried to bring to attention the ridiculousness that Nebraska has pretty much consistently taken twice as long as the other two service centers for a long time now, but so far they don't seem to acknowledge it, other than the long overdue transfer. The transfer seems to have taken about maybe a month off of processing time, since they're able to get to March now without all the mid-late February petitions in the way, but hard to tell if it will stay the same, slow down again, or pick up the pace in the long run

Wow!  Well I hate to be the johnny come lately complaining about Nebraska when you have been suffering through this for so long.  If it were not for this forum, I would not even known to check but that was the first thing I looked for when I got our receipt notice.  Hopefully the fact that they actually transferred some petitions is an indication at least that "they" are aware of the problem.  Maybe they will monitor this situation a bit more closely and decide to transfer even more petitions.  Thanks for the background!

Timeline
Just now, JAC&MEH said:

Wow!  Well I hate to be the johnny come lately complaining about Nebraska when you have been suffering through this for so long.  If it were not for this forum, I would not even known to check but that was the first thing I looked for when I got our receipt notice.  Hopefully the fact that they actually transferred some petitions is an indication at least that "they" are aware of the problem.  Maybe they will monitor this situation a bit more closely and decide to transfer even more petitions.  Thanks for the background!

Complaining is all part of coping with the process 🤣 Especially when it comes to Nebraska. We were lucky and got our I130 approved at 7 months after submitting an I129f for a K3 (I129f ended in denial due to approved I130) but many others have not been so lucky lately. The transfers seem to be a good sign, maybe they'll realize they have an issue and get motivated, but who knows, since they are going go get their paychecks whether people are approved faster or not. Hopefully they will start to care more though, since after all, it's not just pieces of paper (or scans of paper now..lol) but people's personal, family, and marital lives

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
12 hours ago, Tom & Steph said:

We plan to apply online this week (waiting for the last documents to be ready). For the I130A form, there is a specific place where to upload, so we will scan the form (PDF file) that we print in the first place, but not signed since not required as we leave abroad in Canada. We ll name it "I-130A". I don't think you need to mention it's signed in the name, they will check that out when they read the file.

I am filling online on behalf for my abroad wife and preparing the form I130A myself, therefore I'm both the interpreter and the preparer. I am using a PDF filler to type in the blocks. Do I have to print, sign then scan and upload the form, or a handwritten e-signature will do it? I'm a little confused about the "sign in ink" mentions on the form and there's not much info about USCIS's policy on e-signatures related to this form.

Thank you

21 minutes ago, CristianB said:

I am filling online on behalf for my abroad wife and preparing the form I130A myself, therefore I'm both the interpreter and the preparer. I am using a PDF filler to type in the blocks. Do I have to print, sign then scan and upload the form, or a handwritten e-signature will do it? I'm a little confused about the "sign in ink" mentions on the form and there's not much info about USCIS's policy on e-signatures related to this form.

Thank you

If you (beneficiary) is not physically in the US  at the time of filing then there is no need to sign it at all. We printed out the I-130a, then uploaded it to where they tell you to. I signed it because at the time was in the states but if you’re not then there is no need to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, KarolBoris said:

If you (beneficiary) is not physically in the US  at the time of filing then there is no need to sign it at all. We printed out the I-130a, then uploaded it to where they tell you to. I signed it because at the time was in the states but if you’re not then there is no need to.

Hi Karol,

I am the petitioner (not the beneficiary) but also the interpreter (my wife doesn't read nor speak fluent english) and the preparer of the form I130A.I haven't used an interpreter/preparer to fill form I130, therefore I've put down my information in 130A in parts 5 and 6. I haven't printed the form since I used a pdf filler, just not sure about the e-signature (handwritten).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.