90DayFinancier

Impeachment is not the issue voters in Iowa care about

83 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

You are tonight's winner ( well you and the Democrats in Kentucky and Virginia). While I don't agree, you make a  point that everyone can consider and decide for themselves. Thank you.   And good luck in running? California?  No Carolina?

I am really debating on running for NC State Senate in a district that was flipped last election by a couple thousand votes. I am seriously considering it because the guy the party wants to run is a lacky that's a few years younger than I but hasn't really had a job at all, instead he runs a Golf magazine.

This county's Republican party is very much ran by old men and need some fresh blood by guys like me. I have tried and tried to talk to them about recruitment of younger people at festivals like Greensboro Pride and a  couple other Millenial oriented festivals in the city. But the county didn't want anything to do with it no many how many times I have persisted about it. I mean the dang Green,, Democrat, and Libertarian parties had recruitment tents at this festival but no Republican tent at all. It is really frustrating because I know many people that would just need a nudge to swing to the republican side. 

Edit. I know it sounds like I am pissed because I am. I contacted both Congressional reps to no avail and they pawned it off on the county GOP. When I talked to the county they intially sounded ok with it but then crickets afterwards.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I am really debating on running for NC State Senate in a district that was flipped last election by a couple thousand votes. I am seriously considering it because the guy the party wants to run is a lacky that's a few years younger than I but hasn't really had a job at all, instead he runs a Golf magazine.

This county's Republican party is very much ran by old men and need some fresh blood by guys like me. I have tried and tried to talk to them about recruitment of younger people at festivals like Greensboro Pride and a  couple other Millenial oriented festivals in the city. But the county didn't want anything to do with it no many how many times I have persisted about it. I mean the dang Green,, Democrat, and Libertarian parties had recruitment tents at this festival but no Republican tent at all. It is really frustrating because I know many people that would just need a nudge to swing to the republican side. 

I think you have the right idea, your country is changing: younger, more urban and more racially diverse. I assume NC is doing the same. Some are predicting a huge shift in the next election that may force their old men to rethink their strategy or Republicans may loose an entire generation.

They would be wise to listen to you. And you are a vet! It's too bad it is hard to run as a conservative Democrat.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

simply quoting AOC does not mean I am deserving of any literary awards.

When Congresswoman Occasional-Cortex speaks, everybody becomes stoopider.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

11 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

I think you have the right idea, your country is changing: younger, more urban and more racially diverse. I assume NC is doing the same. Some are predicting a huge shift in the next election that may force their old men to rethink their strategy or Republicans may loose an entire generation.

They would be wise to listen to you. And you are a vet! It's too bad it is hard to run as a conservative Democrat.

This part of NC is changing slower than say Raleigh or Charlotte but we are still the 3rd largest city in the state. The state as a whole is growing exponentially because people are fleeing the NE and coming here.

My big issue is that they talk a good game of recruitment but don't do ####### about it to get more people like me out stomp for them. I am more Conservative on a lot of my views but still relatively mainstream on others which is very typical for many many people. But the County party is still very much stuck in their ways which will hurt them in the short and long run election wise. That is why the local senate seat got flipped last year because she didn't campaign in places she should have and lost by a few thousand votes. I think I would do good honestly because I am a wounded Combat Vet, and family man (4 kids) with a Asian wife in a town that has a large Asian population as well. While the Republican I would face is a young single guy, and the Democrat is a former Wall Street banker. 

But state politics is better to help control local and state issues which matter more to me than National ones. 

Edit: I would like to if I had the chance to sign on and be a Blue Dog Democrat which is a Conservative Democrat if I could honestly if I wanted to run for Congress. But you know Centrist Democrats aren't getting a lot of love these days. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

This part of NC is changing slower than say Raleigh or Charlotte but we still are the 3rd largest city in the state. The state as a whole is growing exponentially because people are fleeing the NE and coming here.

My big issue is that they talk a good game of recruitment but don't do ####### about it to get more people like me out stomp for them. I am more Conservative on a lot of my views but still relatively mainstream on others which is very typical for many many people. But the County party is still very much stuck in their ways which will hurt them in the short and long run election wise. That is why the local senate seat got flipped last year because she didn't campaign in places she should have and lost by a few thousand votes. I think I would do good honestly because I am a wounded Combat Vet, and family man (4 kids) with a Asian wife in a town that has a large Asian population as well. While the Republican I would face is a young single guy, and the Democrat is a former Wall Street banker 

Go for it!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!