90DayFinancier

Impeachment is not the issue voters in Iowa care about

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
18 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I think many times they do.  Phds and what not. Academia.  However Dems are also massively over represented by the people at the other end of the spectrum and massively over represented by people on the govt teat.

You mean the majority of Americans who cannot provide for themselves, and require the government to subsidize them?  Those are the true slaves to the party.  Have been since dems owned blacks over 150 years ago.  Not much has changed, ideology-wise.

3 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I'm with Bill.  Mostly poo-poo data.  I spent most of my college years drinking. Engineering be damned, and all of that.  The vast majority of people I went to college with pissed away their education.  And today, I make more than them doing nothing related at all to my degree.

Degrees have NOTHING to do with education nor knowledge, ever.

I would agree being  well educated (degrees) does not make you any smarter or savy, especially politically. Bill Gates, Jobs, Mark Z etc.

However having a degree is pretty much tied to education??

Filed: Timeline
Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I would agree being  well educated (degrees) does not make you any smarter or savy, especially politically. Bill Gates, Jobs, Mark Z etc.

Yep.  Some people have degrees.  Others are intelligent.  It's a choice, like so many things in life.

Just now, ALFKAD said:

Yep.  Some people have degrees.  Others are intelligent.  It's a choice, like so many things in life.

It's not an either/or situation though. Some people have degrees and are intelligent, and some people don't have degrees and are not intelligent. Correct?

Just now, ALFKAD said:

and there are some that have degrees and are intelligent. Dem voters many times are far removed from everyday life.  College Professors, Celebrities. people living of they govt etc. Not broad support among the people who get up and grind everyday, except among Blacks for some odd reason. 

7 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

People are confusing education and intelligence. Education by definition is learning something externally. Thus the more you learn, the more educated you are. Accumulating knowledge does not necessarily mean you are any smarter. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

People are confusing education and intelligence. Education by definition is learning something externally. Thus the more you learn, the more educated you are. Accumulating knowledge does not necessarily mean you are any smarter. 

i am going to have to cross the aisle and agree with you on this one. 

ed·u·ca·tion
/ˌejəˈkāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. 1.
    the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction, especially at a school or university.
    "a new system of public education"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
20 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

How do you measure when someone is poorly educated?

Compare him or her to the poster girl for same, Congresswoman Alexandria Occasional-Cortex.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:44 AM, USS_Voyager said:

Iowa Hawkeye from the University of Iowa. Iowa State Cyclones has one too, but for most Iowans, the "state team" is the Hawkeyes.

A new machine was installed at the University of Iowa Student Union:  a computer that would measure a person's IQ and converse with that person for 3 minutes on an IQ-compatible topic.

The first student walked up and inserted his money.  The computer said, "Beep beep.  Your IQ is one hundred. Eighty. Seven.  Let us discuss Nuclear Physics."

They discussed nuclear physics for 3 minutes.  That student left, and another walked up.

The computer said, "Beep beep.  Your IQ is one hundred.  Twenty.  Three.  Let us discuss politics."

They discussed politics for 3 minutes.  That student left, and another walked up.

The computer said, "Beep beep.  Your IQ is twelve.  How About Them Hawks?"

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

47 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

A new machine was installed at the University of Iowa Student Union:  a computer that would measure a person's IQ and converse with that person for 3 minutes on an IQ-compatible topic.

The first student walked up and inserted his money.  The computer said, "Beep beep.  Your IQ is one hundred. Eighty. Seven.  Let us discuss Nuclear Physics."

They discussed nuclear physics for 3 minutes.  That student left, and another walked up.

The computer said, "Beep beep.  Your IQ is one hundred.  Twenty.  Three.  Let us discuss politics."

They discussed politics for 3 minutes.  That student left, and another walked up.

The computer said, "Beep beep.  Your IQ is twelve.  How About Them Hawks?"

Well said. Maybe I'll get over there one of these days and try said machine. 

20 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Degrees have NOTHING to do with education nor knowledge, ever.

Hahaha good to know you’re comfortable with having heart surgery performed by a high school dropout.