802 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, Trish and Oli said:

ย 

ย 

Just now, Trish and Oli said:

Send them an email through your USCIS account inbox and ask for a status update. They will respond within a day or so with an automatic message telling you where your paperwork is being processed.ย 

I tried doing that but it doesnโ€™t give me an option in my inbox ?

2 minutes ago, Anna May said:

ย 

I tried doing that but it doesnโ€™t give me an option in my inbox ?

On the main page of your account, do you see a tab that says My Account in the top right hand corner? It should have a drop down menu that allows you to write and view messages.ย image.png.ad10aeacc6083fc9b2c6c6bc7b60f50d.png

Edited by Trish and Oli
image added

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, Trish and Oli said:

Congratulations! What is the F2A visa @Quarknase?

Thank you! Thanks everyone <3

F2A is when the Petitioner is Permanent Resident, not US Citizen. Meaning technically I don't belong in this group under CR1/IR1, but I was all by myself in the November Greencard holder group and everyone was so nice here so I decided to stay. It's all a matter of mindset :D

ย 

On 3/7/2020 at 1:22 AM, Quarknase said:

Thank you! Thanks everyone โค๏ธ

F2A is when the Petitioner is Permanent Resident, not US Citizen. Meaning technically I don't belong in this group under CR1/IR1, but I was all by myself in the November Greencard holder group and everyone was so nice here so I decided to stay. It's all a matter of mindset :D

ย 

You got my hopes up for a minute and then burnt them to a crispย ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, Trish and Oli said:

I've seen many timelines where permanent residents are getting approved for their spousal visas faster than U.S. Citizens. Does anyone know why that is?

Most likely because the line is shorter

Our CR1 Journey:

ย 

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

ย 

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14ย 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additionalย docย requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

ย 

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Aprย 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letterย received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

ย 

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is an update after I spoke to USCIS and inquired about my case.

ย 

Q: I received noa1 in Nov from TSC. Is Texasย my service center?

A: It was but your case was transferred on 23 Feb to VSC.

Q: Why havenโ€™t I received any notification on case transfer? My case status is still same since day1.

A: I have no idea but I see a transfer in my system.

Q: Why it was transferred ?

A: It was transferred to VSC in a bid to streamline processing.

Q: Will I be following VSC processing time or TSC processing time from my PD?

A: VSC

Q: Isnโ€™t this transfer increased my processing time by double? Because VSC is 20months as compared to TSC 10months?

A: Both of the centers have received a lot of transfer cases and soon they will be updating their processing times.

Q: As per your answer I donโ€™t see how these transfer in a bid to streamline processing especially if oneย transferred from fastest processing center to a slowest processing center.

A: I wish that I had an answer for you.

Q: Is there anything I can do or request to remain on TSC processing time?

A: Not at the moment. But we are streamlining our processes in order to improve efficiency.

ย 

On 3/6/2020 at 3:22 PM, Quarknase said:

Thank you! Thanks everyone โค๏ธ

ย 

We love you @Quarknase ๐Ÿฅฐ

44 minutes ago, Jay&Sid said:

Here is an update after I spoke to USCIS and inquired about my case.

ย 

Q: I received noa1 in Nov from TSC. Is Texasย my service center?

A: It was but your case was transferred on 23 Feb to VSC.

Q: Why havenโ€™t I received any notification on case transfer? My case status is still same since day1.

A: I have no idea but I see a transfer in my system.

Q: Why it was transferred ?

A: It was transferred to VSC in a bid to streamline processing.

Q: Will I be following VSC processing time or TSC processing time from my PD?

A: VSC

Q: Isnโ€™t this transfer increased my processing time by double? Because VSC is 20months as compared to TSC 10months?

A: Both of the centers have received a lot of transfer cases and soon they will be updating their processing times.

Q: As per your answer I donโ€™t see how these transfer in a bid to streamline processing especially if oneย transferred from fastest processing center to a slowest processing center.

A: I wish that I had an answer for you.

Q: Is there anything I can do or request to remain on TSC processing time?

A: Not at the moment. But we are streamlining our processes in order to improve efficiency.

ย 

They better fix this s*** soon before I have a coronary!!! ๐Ÿ˜ซ as I am a Texas to Vermont transfer too! ๐Ÿ˜ก

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Paco415 said:

They better fix this s*** soon before I have a coronary!!! ๐Ÿ˜ซ as I am a Texas to Vermont transfer too! ๐Ÿ˜ก

Lol.

I had almost heart attackย when i came to know about my case transfer toย VSC.

Though i wonder about one thing why have we not received case status update so far ?

Edited by Jay&Sid

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello all!ย 

ย 

For what it's worth, I sent a message to inquire about the status of my case and determine if my service center was still TX as it was initially.ย  Looks like nothing has changed so far:

ย 

image.png.a78e02f16d8391440ec589ee43ff138a.png

ย 

I guess its now more waiting!ย ๐Ÿ˜ช

8 hours ago, Jay&Sid said:

This will take some time, they are still transferring cases around it seems.ย  Once the dust settles and they can measure their new "throughput" I think we will see a balancing out of wait times, or at least some updates...ย  ย Bit of limbo now while we wait I guess...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Guys!! My son's i130 just got APPROVED!!!! Just wanted to share ๐Ÿ˜

I am so happy and relieved, almost can't believe it....

So, I'm just praying that it'll be transferred over to NVC asap where mine has been sitting since February 10th and we can ease through it together ๐Ÿ™

We'll sure be requesting expedite again, so we'll see how that goes ๐Ÿ˜‰

For everyone still waiting in the uncertain: my thought and prayers are with you ๐Ÿงก

ย 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Inita said:

Guys!! My son's i130 just got APPROVED!!!! Just wanted to share ๐Ÿ˜

I am so happy and relieved, almost can't believe it....

So, I'm just praying that it'll be transferred over to NVC asap where mine has been sitting since February 10th and we can ease through it together ๐Ÿ™

We'll sure be requesting expedite again, so we'll see how that goes ๐Ÿ˜‰

For everyone still waiting in the uncertain: my thought and prayers are with you ๐Ÿงก

ย 

Whohoooo, I was just thinking about you this morning. I'm so happy for you!

Hope everything goes well in Spain as well, and you'll be on your way soon ๐Ÿ’–

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.