majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kers123 said:

Have you received your SSN already?

I have not. I’m still waiting for EAD approval (SSN office said that I’ll get one immediately with EAD without having to apply separately) I was wanting one ahead of time so my husband could claim me on his taxes. SSN office would not process my request. Still waiting 😒

4 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

I have not. I’m still waiting for EAD approval (SSN office said that I’ll get one immediately with EAD without having to apply separately) I was wanting one ahead of time so my husband could claim me on his taxes. SSN office would not process my request. Still waiting 😒

I hate that ‘immediately’ is not immediately, uhg. The joy nowadays is not just receiving the EAD but also the SSN! I had a job waiting for me but we can’t do sh$@(/:&t because of the wait. I hope you’ll get both soon, and let’s all stay safe and so all uscis and ssa offices can open soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, kers123 said:

I hate that ‘immediately’ is not immediately, uhg. The joy nowadays is not just receiving the EAD but also the SSN! I had a job waiting for me but we can’t do sh$@(/:&t because of the wait. I hope you’ll get both soon, and let’s all stay safe and so all uscis and ssa offices can open soon.

Yes! Positivity goes a long way. I was actually told, in person, by an immigration officer to go ahead and apply for a SSN right away because they often don’t do it. So then when I went to the SSN office they were like “nah, immigration will take care of that”. Very frustrating. Then, when we went to get my husbands taxes done, she advised us to wait until we (myself and 2 kids) got our SSNs so that he could claim us. I feel like there is no transparency or consistency to anything. 

Just now, Zsazsa said:

Yes! Positivity goes a long way. I was actually told, in person, by an immigration officer to go ahead and apply for a SSN right away because they often don’t do it. So then when I went to the SSN office they were like “nah, immigration will take care of that”. Very frustrating. Then, when we went to get my husbands taxes done, she advised us to wait until we (myself and 2 kids) got our SSNs so that he could claim us. I feel like there is no transparency or consistency to anything. 

Oh yeah, I am also waiting for my SSN to do taxes with my husband, our accountant advised the same and requested for an extension for our taxes. Yeah, the inconsistency is what annoys me the most. Very sad that we have to ask each other for help instead of having true information on official websites.

On 4/2/2020 at 12:33 PM, KenandBina said:

To those of you who have had your interview.... what are the status changes you received. Mine is at “interview complete- case is being reviewed” what happens after that? 

Hey does any one have an answer for this? 

I had my green card interview March 17. In the interview they informed me that they lost my medical exam results (smh) and he is going to approve me but can’t until he gets the results. A few ours after the interview my status on the app changed to interview completed, case must be reviewed 

So I went the next day (during this virus crisis) and got a new exam done... I picked up the results last Thursday the 26 and mailed it priority with tracking same day. During this virus crisis sigh...

here are my questions 

1. what is the status change usually after interview complete? How long did it take to get your green card? Is their approval notice once they do approve it etc? 

2. anyone who had to redo their medical how long did it take to process everything? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

My EAD/AP was approved on the 27th, but has not yet been mailed. My EAD status has moved back and forth from New card produced to case approved back to new card produced. I really hate to complain and worry, seeing as there are people still waiting for their approval, but most cards get mailed within like four days. It's been over a week for me. I'm scared my physical card will get stuck at the office if they shut down completely. 

1 hour ago, sandraannie said:

My EAD/AP was approved on the 27th, but has not yet been mailed. My EAD status has moved back and forth from New card produced to case approved back to new card produced. I really hate to complain and worry, seeing as there are people still waiting for their approval, but most cards get mailed within like four days. It's been over a week for me. I'm scared my physical card will get stuck at the office if they shut down completely. 

It took about 5 days ish for it to move to card mailed. Once it does they will send you a tracking number for it. Fingers crossed you get that update soon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/3/2020 at 2:38 PM, kers123 said:

I’ve been waiting for 3 weeks now and I also called to ask, I’m not in the system. But I heard from two people here that they waiting 4/5 weeks for it, so don’t rush out to send your original documents. I think it should still come. @Minori and @raphappel

Just received my social in the mail. so yours might come soon

Edited by raphappel

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Status just changed to “Card was mailed to me” on my EAD!!🎉🎉 AP still just says case approved and it hasn’t moved, but it’s not like I can leave the country right now anyway lol. I didn’t get a tracking number in the update, but it should be in this week!☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, sandraannie said:

Status just changed to “Card was mailed to me” on my EAD!!🎉🎉 AP still just says case approved and it hasn’t moved, but it’s not like I can leave the country right now anyway lol. I didn’t get a tracking number in the update, but it should be in this week!☺️

Don't worry you might get a combo card coz mine was like that, they didn't update my AP. But i received a combo card. 😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got my approval notices in the mail for EAD and AP. My combo card will be arriving tomorrow according to the USPS tracker. 🎉 I just hope I would land a job soon. 😭😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/6/2020 at 5:21 PM, DiazEdgecombe9194 said:

Update: no update, day 114 fingerprints still added to EAD sigh (NewYork Filer) 

Same here! No movement after fingerprints.. California filer..

😿

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, kimmydiego said:

Same here! No movement after fingerprints.. California filer..

😿

I’m also in the same boat! No movement at all California filer!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.