dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
2 minutes ago, 攀弥旺 said:

My reason for calling was to see when they have received my petition. Luckily, i got through to a operator after posting.

NSC sent our petition on 9/16/19, NVC received/processing our petition on 9/18/19. Now to wait for a NVC case number

You'll be getting a case number any time from now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
56 minutes ago, 攀弥旺 said:

My reason for calling was to see when they have received my petition. Luckily, i got through to a operator after posting.

NSC sent our petition on 9/16/19, NVC received/processing our petition on 9/18/19. Now to wait for a NVC case number

Wonderful....That was fast, how did you find out that the NVC received your petition three days later?

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 hours ago, DGF said:

We got our case number! 

I'm just having some fun with this next part because getting it was a slight comedy of errors but here's A Step-By-Step Guide to Getting Your Case Number, by DGF:
1. Call the NVC because you expected to have received your case number by now but hadn't heard anything yet, get told there is no record of them ever receiving your case even though they previously told you the received date.

2. Stress cry at the idea of having to wait an indefinite amount of time while they find your apparently lost case.
3. Spend the weekend coming to terms with the potential delay.

4. Wake up at 4 am to call the NVC when they first open. Hear the message that they are closed for the federal holiday that you forgot about. 
5. Wake up again at 4 am to call the NVC when they first open. Hear once again that they do not have any record of your case. Draft emails to both NVCInquiry and NVCResearch. As you are about to send them, realize that you gave the case number wrong when speaking to the NVC and that the call was a waste of time. Send the emails anyway, just in case.
6. Take a nap.
7. Call the NVC again. Expect to hear that they have no record of your case but instead get told that they assigned your case number almost a week ago but didn't have an email address on file so they sent it snail mail instead. Try to keep your voice steady for the rest of the call because you're shaking from excitement/relief/joy. 

I'm excited to finally be joining the rest of you as an actual NVC filer (and not just a soon to be NVC filer!)

Hey glad you got your case number 😂😂

Just curious as to why they didnt have an email? Do you have to call to give them your email before your case is created? Not sure that makes sense, which account would they link an email to? So confusing 😅😅

Ps. Still waiting for case number, nvc received our file on 10/07, might need to wait 2 more weeks.

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was approved on 9/27 and my case was sent over 10/9 from the USCIS... How long do you think it will take for the NVC to receive my case?

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

Just curious as to why they didnt have an email? Do you have to call to give them your email before your case is created? Not sure that makes sense, which account would they link an email to? So confusing 😅😅

Ps. Still waiting for case number, nvc received our file on 10/07, might need to wait 2 more weeks.

They don't need your email address before your case is created, it is simply needed for easier and faster correspondence.

So if one doesn't call them to hand both the beneficiary's and petitioner's email address, it's going to slow their case as the only means

of informing them of a case number creation will be through mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sea Leslie said:

I was approved on 9/27 and my case was sent over 10/9 from the USCIS... How long do you think it will take for the NVC to receive my case?

Mine took exactly 30 days from noa2

Edited by Russ&MaryAnn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When you re-submit a document, does it show it's re-submission date on the CEAC website? Or the original submission date. My original submission was Aug 4th for the one document. I replaced the document and re-uploaded and submitted on September 10th after it was rejected. This is what's displayed. I'm hoping mine has ACTUALLY been submitted, or else I've been wasting 6 weeks of my time, potentially much more.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 11.03.39 AM.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jaret&Rachael said:

When you re-submit a document, does it show it's re-submission date on the CEAC website? Or the original submission date. My original submission was Aug 4th for the one document. I replaced the document and re-uploaded and submitted on September 10th after it was rejected. This is what's displayed. I'm hoping mine has ACTUALLY been submitted, or else I've been wasting 6 weeks of my time, potentially much more.

When replaced, it shows first upload date 

Timeline
1 minute ago, MrsEze said:

When replaced, it shows first upload date 

Thank jesus. Had a mini-heart attack. Thank you.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Juliet57 said:

Thanks! I honestly have no idea. We emailed our lawyer right after we got off the phone with the NVC to let them know that we'd received our case number to which they responded that they had just received the email with the case number too, which I find suspicious due to the timing (our case number was assigned a week ago) and also the fact that the NVC guy said he didn't have any emails on record for us (but also the NVC once told us they couldn't find our case so who knows what they're doing over there). 

I've read that one of the ways they can get your email address is through the email/text notification form that you can include when you file your I-130, which we didn't do. I've also heard that they get it when you sign up for USCIS accounts to track your case but I had accounts with both the old and new site so I don't think that works. If you follow their processing times, our case number was assigned on the exact day we were expecting it to (they were working on Sept 11th cases on Monday, our case was received Sept 13th, and our case number was assigned on Wednesday), so try calling a day or two after you expect it to be assigned if you're worried about them not having an email address to reach you at! 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Andy & Val said:

You'll be getting a case number any time from now.

I got mine this morning and already paid my fees! hoping I can upload everything Friday! 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

13 minutes ago, Jaret&Rachael said:

Did you take this screen shot when you uploaded? We are not able to see that page right now. All my documents were submitted but I decided to add an additional document last friday. I was able to upload but I was not able to submit due to the maintenance. I was wondering if my documents are ready to review since all required documents were submitted.

Timeline
1 minute ago, impatienttt said:

Did you take this screen shot when you uploaded? We are not able to see that page right now. All my documents were submitted but I decided to add an additional document last friday. I was able to upload but I was not able to submit due to the maintenance. I was wondering if my documents are ready to review since all required documents were submitted.

Hi, yes I took this screenshot almost a week ago. Sorry, didn't mean to prompt false hope that the maintenance game is dealt with.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.