Sarge21555

October 2019 I-129F FILERS

1,365 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The "whole process" is not frustrating. If you think about it USCIS, NVC or your embassy NEVER promised you a date that such and such would be completed. Just that they will give you a Yes or No answer. We all tend to bring on frustration because we set our expectations to high. Again, it's one of those things that I have learned along the way. Set your expectations lower and you will do much better. Trust the process!  

Good luck and stay engaged. 

I certainly wasn't asking to be coddled, but I do appreciate people being respectful and having some tact.  I'm a newbie here, but if snarky replies are the kinds of responses I'm going to receive I'm not sticking around.  There are ways to answer questions without being condescending and off-putting, especially to people are new to the forums and the processes involved.

ETA:  I just saw this in a pinned post by a mod .  I'm quoting it here because this is what my concern was with the "tone" of your reply - perhaps something to think about  "First, there is a tone difference between the Progress forums- which are mostly for support and cheerleading, and the Info forums, which are mostly to have questions answered.   While all our forums are supposed to be welcoming to all and friendly, this is especially important in the Progress forums, which are not to discuss politics, or be negative towards  those fortunate to have their case dealt with quickly, or  critical of those who voice sadness about their own slow progress. These forums are there to uplift each other!"

Anyway, I understand how "averages" work and when we started this process, it said the average time was 5-7 months.  Given that we have just gotten approval on the first part of our application and it's coming up on 7 months, we are clearly far on the long side of that average.  We assumed/hoped (obviously incorrectly) that we would have an "average" case.

I never said what it happening with us is unfair and that we should be approved.  I was simply asking if anyone else is in a similar position right now and if there are contacts that we may not be aware of to find out what is happening.  We are surprised at how long it's taking given that our application should be about as straightforward as they come. I am in a low fraud country, we submitted a completed package with no RFEs, we have been together 5 years and see each other at least 2-3 days a week (at least we did until the border closed), there are no issues in either of our pasts, both of us are financially secure and in long-term jobs, we had all the evidence that was asked for and so on.  That one case you posted had an RFE which of course will cause delays.  We didn't have that either 🤷‍♀️ 

On a side note, I do realize how very fortunate we are in being able to see each other as often as we do.  I am fully aware that most couples going through this process don't get anything even remotely close to that.  With the border closure, we haven't seen each other in 2 months.  That sure makes you understand how difficult it is for the couples who go this long, or even much longer, without seeing each other.  I certainly feel for them, it's hard!!

Finally, you may not feel like the process is frustrating (and it's easy to say that when yours is already completed), but we are finding it frustrating, right from when we started to fill out the forms which at times didn't make a whole lot of sense to waits that are proving to be much longer than predicted.  So yes, we find it frustrating.  We'll keep waiting because we have to.  That doesn't mean we don't wish the process was more efficient.

Edited by KD20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, KD20 said:

I certainly wasn't asking to be coddled, but I do appreciate people being respectful and having some tact.  I'm a newbie here, but if snarky replies are the kinds of responses I'm going to receive I'm not sticking around.  There are ways to answer questions without being condescending and off-putting, especially to people are new to the forums and the processes involved.

ETA:  I just saw this in a pinned post by a mod .  I'm quoting it here because this is what my concern was with the "tone" of your reply - perhaps something to think about  "First, there is a tone difference between the Progress forums- which are mostly for support and cheerleading, and the Info forums, which are mostly to have questions answered.   While all our forums are supposed to be welcoming to all and friendly, this is especially important in the Progress forums, which are not to discuss politics, or be negative towards  those fortunate to have their case dealt with quickly, or  critical of those who voice sadness about their own slow progress. These forums are there to uplift each other!"

Anyway, I understand how "averages" work and when we started this process, it said the average time was 5-7 months.  Given that we have just gotten approval on the first part of our application and it's coming up on 7 months, we are clearly far on the long side of that average.  We assumed/hoped (obviously incorrectly) that we would have an "average" case.

I never said what it happening with us is unfair and that we should be approved.  I was simply asking if anyone else is in a similar position right now and if there are contacts that we may not be aware of to find out what is happening.  We are surprised at how long it's taking given that our application should be about as straightforward as they come. I am in a low fraud country, we submitted a completed package with no RFEs, we have been together 5 years and see each other at least 2-3 days a week (at least we did until the border closed), there are no issues in either of our pasts, both of us are financially secure and in long-term jobs, we had all the evidence that was asked for and so on.  That one case you posted had an RFE which of course will cause delays.  We didn't have that either 🤷‍♀️ 

On a side note, I do realize how very fortunate we are in being able to see each other as often as we do.  I am fully aware that most couples going through this process don't get anything even remotely close to that.  With the border closure, we haven't seen each other in 2 months.  That sure makes you understand how difficult it is for the couples who go this long, or even much longer, without seeing each other.  I certainly feel for them, it's hard!!

Finally, you may not feel like the process is frustrating (and it's easy to say that when yours is already completed), but we are finding it frustrating, right from when we started to fill out the forms which at times didn't make a whole lot of sense to waits that are proving to be much longer than predicted.  So yes, we find it frustrating.  We'll keep waiting because we have to.  That doesn't mean we don't wish the process was more efficient.

I hate to drag out this thread longer; you asked a question and it was answered. Very well, I might add.

It assuredly came across as you wanting someone to uplift and tell you what you wanted to hear versus what is factually happening. It’s fair to say that we all get frustrated at some point along in this process; however, projecting it on @Greenbaum in this case (or anyone else for that matter) will lead you nowhere. He has been here for years and will most likely be long after your time here (knock on wood), taking the time out of his daily life to answer THOUSANDS of questions, hundreds quite similar to yours I bet. It may not be what you want to hear or how you want to hear it, but believe me and MANY, MANY, MANY others - he’s rarely far off and you should take his advice to the bank.

Everyone’s wait is most important to them and just how excruciatingly long of a wait is subjective. I don’t think 7 months is long AT ALL considering you just got approved. Speaking from experience. Count your blessings.

You’re a newbie, welcome to the forum and I hope you end up with your loved one as fast as the process allows. You will get there! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, HTMW said:

I hate to drag out this thread longer; you asked a question and it was answered. Very well, I might add.

It assuredly came across as you wanting someone to uplift and tell you what you wanted to hear versus what is factually happening. It’s fair to say that we all get frustrated at some point along in this process; however, projecting it on @Greenbaum in this case (or anyone else for that matter) will lead you nowhere. He has been here for years and will most likely be long after your time here (knock on wood), taking the time out of his daily life to answer THOUSANDS of questions, hundreds quite similar to yours I bet. It may not be what you want to hear or how you want to hear it, but believe me and MANY, MANY, MANY others - he’s rarely far off and you should take his advice to the bank.

Everyone’s wait is most important to them and just how excruciatingly long of a wait is subjective. I don’t think 7 months is long AT ALL considering you just got approved. Speaking from experience. Count your blessings.

You’re a newbie, welcome to the forum and I hope you end up with your loved one as fast as the process allows. You will get there! 

He may have answered the question (which IS appreciated); however, he could have left out the condescending undertones (which were not appreciated).   As a newbie here, that kind of "tone" didn't feel welcoming or friendly; it just came across as condescending and/or snarky.  He's obviously a prolific poster with a lot of respect and I suspect many will feel he can say no wrong as a result.  It's always good to remember that it's not just about what we say but about HOW we say it, and that's especially important online when we can't hear and see how something is being said.  The "tone" people use here has obviously been enough of an issue that a mod made a post about it.  Anyway, his replies were enough that I don't think these forums are the place for me.  I was happier when we were just figuring it out on our own lol.

I know we will get there eventually.  Thanks for your response and take care!  :)  

PS:  I hope those who are still waiting hear some good news sooner rather than later!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys ! To all Pinay here with AKA how did you get your cenomar ? I'm so confused how can i get it thank you so much in advance for the answer

4 hours ago, AngelicaFahad said:

Hi guys ! To all Pinay here with AKA how did you get your cenomar ? I'm so confused how can i get it thank you so much in advance for the answer

Go to Hanks website and he has step by step instructions. https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Now head over to the Philippines sub-forum forum here on VJ and thank Hank for the wonderful instructions and you can ask others your new questions.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 8/16/2020 at 12:41 AM, Treasure1 said:

I hope the embassies open again soon so that all October 2019 filers and others can have their interviews and join their fiance(e)s.  I'm here to send positive vibes to everyone  because our journey started from this October  thread. Please keep on keeping on,  I'm sure we'll be fine soon. 

All the best to us

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Hopefully. My medical will expire soon and I’m already worried of throwing the money away.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lyn Chazzy said:

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Hopefully. My medical will expire soon and I’m already worried of throwing the money away.

I read somewhere on facebook that someone got an expedited interview for this same reason and from your embassy. So, maybe you should try to write your embassy.

9 hours ago, Lyn Chazzy said:

If you are not already a part of the conversation in the sub-forum for the Philippines, you'll want to join here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

There you will experience what others are saying about the process tailored to the Philippines. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
6 hours ago, TiEy said:

I read somewhere on facebook that someone got an expedited interview for this same reason and from your embassy. So, maybe you should try to write your embassy.

It’s for people with k2 though. If you don’t have k2 then it’s a no. My fiancé tried to expedite but we were denied 

• 2 weeks later...

Are other people still waiting?  I am seriously going to fall into a major depression if we don’t interview soon. 

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, msrodriguez said:

Are other people still waiting?  I am seriously going to fall into a major depression if we don’t interview soon. 

Still waiting. Don't give up! We are getting closer and closer

1 hour ago, Empressdivine said:

Still waiting. Don't give up! We are getting closer and closer

I guess it’s good to know we aren’t the only ones who have been waiting this long! 

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Still waiting also.  I had hopes when the state department said they would start giving K1's priority, but the consulate in Guangzhou has said that until the travel restriction EO with China is lifted they will not process K1's.  So it is still looking like a long wait for me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.