Sarge21555

October 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
21 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I'd like to a take a survey. Please respond if you would like. Just let me how many times in total, from the first meeting to the interview that you will have met in person.

For me we met two times.

Thanks

4 times since 2017 when we met 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I'd like to a take a survey. Please respond if you would like. Just let me how many times in total, from the first meeting to the interview that you will have met in person.

For me we met two times.

Thanks

Met in 2017/2018 during his study abroad semester(s) for about 6 months together

Jan 2019 - He visited me in the states for two weeks

March 2019 - Visited his family for the first time in Australia for a week

May 2019 - Visited my fiance in Aus again for 2 weeks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 11/17/2019 at 6:11 PM, Greenbaum said:

For me we met two times.

Thanks

14 times in 2.5 years! 

Budapest - Where we met for the first time
Brussels - We thought it would be a nice city to meet up
Madrid x2 - I’m from Madrid and he came visit
Germany x2 - He was stationed there (he was in the Army) so I visited him and we went to Munich and Nuremberg 
England - I was studying abroad in England and he came visit
Virginia x5 - He currently lives in NOVA so I visited him

New York - Was visiting with friends and he came to see me
Scotland/Ireland - We really wanted to visit these countries, so we thought why not meet up there! This was last month

:) 

Edited by Ela S.

2 hours ago, Ela S. said:

We got a case number assigned today! 11/18/18

Will we make next week’s shipment??

Chances are yes as you were assigned prior to the Wednesday before Tuesday of next week. Congratulations. Did you download the PDF on the first page to learn more tips tricks and hacks?

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Chances are yes as you were assignment prior to the Wednesday before Tuesday of next week. Congratulations. Did you download the PDF on the first page to learn more tips tricks and hacks?

Yes! It’s been very helpful so far

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, EmmaWigs said:

Ok update, I contacted Consulate Cuidad Juarez requested the "instructions letter" received it 16 days later. My fiancé's appointment is on 12/4, please pray for us!

Praying!! 

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

would be 8 times before the interview since Sep 2016. 

I am planning to fly to USA for Xmass and new year i have my valid B1/B2 visa, before flying I would be completing the necessary documents for my K1 interview in mid January  (my travel plans are from 24 Dec to 6 Jan). i hope they wont make any issue at the immigration in USA to let me enter, i would be carrying my home contract and my job contract along with my K1 visa documents to show In case they asked that i am here for  short trip only and i have responsibilities still. i have been to US in June 2019 when our petition was under process (no NOA2 yet) they did not made any issue just basic few questions and I was let to pass through. i hope this time will be the same :) 👲

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

Hello all

my physical records have not yet arrived at the embassy of the United States in Ivory Coast.

It is frustrating and the wait is very long.

18 APRIL: NOA1

01AOUT: RFE

27 SEPT: RFE RECEIVED USCIS

07 OCT: NOA2

30 OCT: NVC RECEIVED

14 OCT: EMBASSY RECEIVED IN THE SYSTEM.

I am waiting for the physical files to schedule the interview.

35 minutes ago, Howard225 said:

Hello all

my physical records have not yet arrived at the embassy of the United States in Ivory Coast.

It is frustrating and the wait is very long.

18 APRIL: NOA1

01AOUT: RFE

27 SEPT: RFE RECEIVED USCIS

07 OCT: NOA2

30 OCT: NVC RECEIVED

14 OCT: EMBASSY RECEIVED IN THE SYSTEM.

I am waiting for the physical files to schedule the interview.

Have you read the PDF on the first page first post? It gives you everything to track your case file from NOA2 to embassy. It explains why you are where you are in the process. It gives you tips and hacks to follow your file to your embassy. Just need to do a little work, that's all. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Here are the results of the survey for the number of visits. I personally always had the understanding that most who are filing had visited once or twice but after seeing the results from this survey my eyes have been opened. Though this is a small sampling I would venture to say that it represents what is truly a representation of the VJ community as a whole. 

I thought that being a VWP nation would have a large impact on your visitation, but many of you got around that and found the time and place to meet where that didn't influence your relationship.

Some even found time to live together.

Over all this opened my eyes and I hope it has been somewhat beneficial if not interesting to see the results for you. Thank you to those who participated.

2019-11-19_8-58-20.jpg

Very interesting results! Thank you for doing the survey. It's nice to see others journeys/visits. 

Edit for your survey though, I lived with my fiancé for 19 months on my 4th visit. Lol. 

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/17/2019 at 9:11 AM, Greenbaum said:

For me we met two times.

Thanks

I visited 5 times before the petition filing and once during the petition process.

12 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Here are the results of the survey for the number of visits. I personally always had the understanding that most who are filing had visited once or twice but after seeing the results from this survey my eyes have been opened. Though this is a small sampling I would venture to say that it represents what is truly a representation of the VJ community as a whole. 

I thought that being a VWP nation would have a large impact on your visitation, but many of you got around that and found the time and place to meet where that didn't influence your relationship.

Some even found time to live together.

Over all this opened my eyes and I hope it has been somewhat beneficial if not interesting to see the results for you. Thank you to those who participated.

2019-11-19_8-58-20.jpg

Very interesting! Our case is pretty different. I met my fiancé when he was working in Jakarta, and got a chance to live together for about a year. It’s only been a little bit over 3 months since we’re apart (because he was repatriated  to the US). He’s going to visit me next month. I’m still waiting to hear back from the embassy for them to schedule my interview but hopefully we can celebrate together by the time he gets here. ☺️

K-1                                AOS/EAD/AP - PENDING
NOA1 Notice Date  : 2019-07-05     NOA1 Notice Date          : 2020-05-03
NOA2 Date         : 2019-09-27     RFE for I-485 in Mail     : 2020-05-28
Arrived at NVC    : 2019-10-29     RFE Response Sent to USCIS: 2020-05-29
Arrived in Embassy: 2019-11-14     RFE Received by USCIS     : 2020-06-02
Interview date    : 2020-01-14       
Visa issued       : 2020-01-17
POE               : 2020-03-05
Wedding           : 2020-03-31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.