Russel1995

Sending i693 AFTER sending i485

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Where does it say to include in the AOS package?

Read C (2) carefully 

Proof if vaccinations record ONLY IF the ds3025 was NOT properly completed AND included in the Visa medical,  then you submit the appropriate sections of the I693 and NOT the ds3025

My understanding is that C (2) is clear when they say: Even if you don't need a new medical, YOU still NEED to show proof of vaccination. And you can do so by showing the DS3025. They don't care if they already have the medical report, you must show proof of vaccination.

IF the DS3025 is not marked completed and (not or) included with the original medical report, then you need to have the vaccines and get I-693 done.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

My understanding is that C (2) is clear when they say: Even if you don't need a new medical, YOU still NEED to show proof of vaccination. And you can do so by showing the DS3025. They don't care if they already have the medical report, you must show proof of vaccination.

IF the DS3025 is not marked completed and (not or) included with the original medical report, then you need to have the vaccines and get I-693 done.

Read carefully,  interpret literally.   It doesn't say you need to provide evidence of vaccinations.  It says you need to provide evidence of vaccinations IF .......

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Russel1995 said:

I was reviewing the instructions on i485 regarding the medical.

It states we may file the i693 after sending i485 or even elect to present it at the interview.

Anyone done this before?  If so, any issues arise?

I plan to file before october 15th, but my wife will not be on my insurance by then and she needs her vaccines still for age 26 female (im counting 3 vaccines  and the flu vaccine)

so anyone file i693 after without issues?

Your wife should be added as soon as the enrollment window opens at marriage.  Change of circumstance.  That window expires.

However:  Hate to tell you but UnitedHealthcare didnt cover vaccines for immigration nor did they cover anything else done by the civil surgeon (or whatever they call that doctor)

Dont know if insurance covers it now.

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

To answer your question, we filed i485 without i693 and then my wife got her medical through a civil surgeon and filed the medical form 3 weeks after we filed for aos. She had her biometrics appt almost a month ago and now we are just waiting for the interview to be shceduled. I will update you if having file later did cause or not a problem . I can't imagine why it would honestly.

14 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

I will update you if having file later did cause or not a problem .

Not an issue if the I-485 is approved within the 2 year validity of the civil surgeon medical: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-4 "Form I-693 Submitted to USCIS On or After November 1, 2018" table

If it isn't approved before the 2 year validity, then a new civil surgeon medical would be needed.

"Applicants may submit the Form I-693 medical examination report to USCIS: Concurrently with the immigration benefit application; or At any time after filing the immigration benefit application but before USCIS finalizes adjudication of that application. If not submitted simultaneously with the immigration benefit application, applicants may bring the medical examination report to an interview or wait until USCIS issues an RFE requesting the medical examination report."

Edited by HRQX

I filed I-485 without I-693. I received a courtesy letter saying I hadn't filed I-693 and to bring it to interview or submit it in response to an RFE for it if I received one. 

I never received an RFE and my interview has now been scheduled so I scheduled my medical once I knew the interview date. I now I have my sealed I-693 and will take it to my interview. 

No problems at all. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

Your wife should be added as soon as the enrollment window opens at marriage.  Change of circumstance.  That window expires.

However:  Hate to tell you but UnitedHealthcare didnt cover vaccines for immigration nor did they cover anything else done by the civil surgeon (or whatever they call that doctor)

Dont know if insurance covers it now.

My employer is only waiting for the certified marriage certificate now to have her added.

and my insurance has free immunizations. and 100% coverage after deductible is met.which is already met. its a HDHP, $5400 deductible. my son is hard of hearing and his medical appointments meet that deductible in 3/4 months.  Thats odd your insurance didnt cover vaccines, but i guess all dont.

6 minutes ago, Sarah G said:

I filed I-485 without I-693. I received a courtesy letter saying I hadn't filed I-693 and to bring it to interview or submit it in response to an RFE for it if I received one.

No problems at all. 

Thanks for the info and answering my question 🥰 (and the others that answered)

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Russel1995 said:

My employer is only waiting for the certified marriage certificate now to have her added.

and my insurance has free immunizations. and 100% coverage after deductible is met.which is already met. its a HDHP, $5400 deductible. my son is hard of hearing and his medical appointments meet that deductible in 3/4 months.  Thats odd your insurance didnt cover vaccines, but i guess all dont.

Thanks for the info and answering my question 🥰 (and the others that answered)

It was group (oil company) insurance and did cover vaccines.  Free for kids, free flu every year.

It just didn’t cover immigration vaccines.  Dunno why.  Better check.

$5400 is insane.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

It was group (oil company) insurance and did cover vaccines.  Free for kids, free flu every year.

It just didn’t cover immigration vaccines.  Dunno why.  Better check.

$5400 is insane.  

Yes $5400 is insane. but my son being near deaf gets insurance through the state, of which pays up to the deductible .  then my insurance kicks in.  costs with my HDHP plan after deductible is 100% with no co pays for everything.

including preventive care, of which immunizations fall under.

Edited by Russel1995

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Russel1995 said:

Yes $5400 is insane. but my son being near deaf gets insurance through the state, of which pays up to the deductible .  then my insurance kicks in.  costs with my HDHP plan after deductible is 100% with no co pays for everything.

including preventive care, of which immunizations fall under.

NOTE: as long as the immunizations are in network theyre covered 100% after deductible is met.  50% is out of network.

I have a HDHP through healthpartners of whoch operated hospitals all over my city.. so it will be easy to get themin network.  I did my research and planning before sending in the i129f haha.

5400 isn't that insane for an HDHP. Ours is 3k per person or 5k per family.  It's a government employee plan too.

I'm double insured and my 2nd HDHP is 6k for 1 person.  (But the plan is free so why not.) 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
4 hours ago, NikLR said:

5400 isn't that insane for an HDHP. Ours is 3k per person or 5k per family.  It's a government employee plan too.

I'm double insured and my 2nd HDHP is 6k for 1 person.  (But the plan is free so why not.) 

5.4k is alot for someone who has not see HDHPs before.

7 hours ago, Russel1995 said:

5.4k is alot for someone who has not see HDHPs before.

It's a lot for anyone who doesn't have to live in the USA and doesn't understand how much health care costs here.  I still have a hard time going to the dr when I know I'm getting sick because I know how much it'll cost me.  I just wait until I literally can't swallow, breathe, walk etc... 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I did the same thing, just submitted 485 for my husband and stepdaughters. We refused the vaccinations in their country. They are on my insurance now and have been tested for or given all necessary vaccines in their annual physical I have scheduled, free as preventative visits. 

We did not submit the 693 so i am expecting a courtesy letter. We will have to pay $75 a person (using HSA acct) to transcribe onto the 693 all the vaccinations, but MUCH cheaper than out of pocket for all 3. Vaccines are super expensive in their home country, would have been another $200-300 each. 

Hoping it all works out in the end, just got NoA1 today. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 9/29/2019 at 2:31 PM, NikLR said:

It's a lot for anyone who doesn't have to live in the USA and doesn't understand how much health care costs here.  I still have a hard time going to the dr when I know I'm getting sick because I know how much it'll cost me.  I just wait until I literally can't swallow, breathe, walk etc... 

Same. Hoard antibiotics like its the Apocalypse and WebMD most everything else. I see a doctor only when I absolutely have to and that usually means when Im being forced by a loved one. Hubby should be getting awesome insurance once his GC gets approved (soft job offer) and I wont even know how to act having good health insurance lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.