TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, HSsweethearts4E said:

Just wondering if this is normal

It's normal. It covers most entries by LPR because passport isn't required at POE for LPRs: "United States (U.S.) LPRs do not need a passport to enter the U.S. as per 8 CFR 211.1(a)https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1191?language=en_US

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
18 hours ago, HSsweethearts4E said:

Hi friends, this question is for those who have already traveled abroad with their green cards (or whose spouse has). When you came back into the US, did they stamp your passport?

I took a trip home for the holidays and when I came back, I went through the kiosk thingies at the airport and it printed a slip of paper with my picture and info, then the CBP stamped the entry stamp on said paper. Before leaving the airport there was a final check, where another officer checked our documents and he ended up keeping the paper with the entry stamp. So there is no record on my passport that I entered the US. Just wondering if this is normal,  sorry if it's a super dumb question!

You are not entering US on a visa, so you do not need your passport stamped. You are LPR, you live here.

10 hours ago, Mike & Tanja said:

Hi,

first of all congratulations to all of you who got their GC already.
We had our interview almost 3 weeks ago in San Jose. The IO was very nice, just asked a me about my husbands middle name and his birthday, then she asked me some questions which were asked in the DS 160 and how we met and when the relationship started. Then she told us that my medical is missing (must got lost somewhere, the embassy in Germany definitely had it) and that we have not a lot of assets together (as we live with my husbands parents at the moment all bills for example are in their names). She told us that she doesn't doubt on our bona fide marriage but she has to give our case to her supervisor for review. I really was devastated. I checked almost hourly our case status online and yesterday finally it said card is being produced, today it changed to case is approved. I'm so relieved.

So everybody else who had their interview in San Jose ( I saw that there are at least 3 other ones) and didn't get the approval right away... there is hope. Hang in and good luck!!!

Congratulations! We are in the same boat regarding bills as we live with my mother in law we really don’t have much stuff to show at all! 

Edited by Nicola and Jordan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
11 hours ago, Mike & Tanja said:

So everybody else who had their interview in San Jose ( I saw that there are at least 3 other ones) and didn't get the approval right away... there is hope. Hang in and good luck!!!

Thanks for posting this!  We had our interview in San Jose last week and still waiting for a status update.  Our case still shows "Interview Scheduled".   Based on a few other recent SJ interviews, it does seem that it is not too unusual for them to take a 2 - 3 weeks for approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Congratulations! We are in the same boat regarding bills as we live with my mother in law we really don’t have much stuff to show at all! 

I wish you good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

Thanks for posting this!  We had our interview in San Jose last week and still waiting for a status update.  Our case still shows "Interview Scheduled".   Based on a few other recent SJ interviews, it does seem that it is not too unusual for them to take a 2 - 3 weeks for approval.

Yes, that's what I think now too. I wish, I would have known that 3 weeks ago, but I was too frustrated to check VJ. What did they say, why they don't approve you right away?

56 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

We also had interview in San Jose last week and didn't get a decision yet. Our status got put to 'Under Review' Friday afternoon.

Check USCIS site several times a day, knowing full well that I will get a text and email when there's an update and my phone is on maximum volume LOL 🙄 

Well, makes me feel better knowing we are not alone! I wish you all good luck 😊  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike & Tanja said:

Yes, that's what I think now too. I wish, I would have known that 3 weeks ago, but I was too frustrated to check VJ. What did they say, why they don't approve you right away?

The IO we had did not say too much about post processing of the green card, other than stating that if and when we are approved, it will take approximately 2 weeks for delivery of the green card.  Our IO was "all business" but progressed through the interview process very slowly, seeming to make sure to "dot all the i's and cross  all the t's".   The interview lasted the full hour, but that was mostly because he was reviewing the i-485 very slowly and carefully.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, DCTV822 said:

Hey all!  So we filed March 2019 and JUST got the notice that on 2/4/20 we were scheduled for an interview and to await the date in the mail. We're in Washington DC for those of you waiting. About a year wait here. 

Yay! We’re also in the DC office and got an email this morning notifying us that our interview was scheduled. Can’t wait to get the date in the mail!! 

01/22/2018: Filed I-129F

10/11/2018: K-1 Interview (Guangzhou, China) -- approved at last!

02/14/2019: POE

02/21/2019: We're married, baby!

03/29/2019: Filed for AOS, EAD, and AP

02/07/2022: Filed for ROC

12/13/2022: Filed N400

20 minutes ago, SusannZ said:

Usps says my card is out for delivery with expected delivery by 6pm tonight but its almost 8 and our mail comes at 2pm usually 😱

Do you have a leasing office? sometimes they drop it there. Or maybe they’ll delivery it tomorrow. My EAD was for Out for delivery for 2 weeks!!

Just got my green card in the  evening, the status still card was mailed . By the way what I wanted to say, they just threw a letter under the door.  Seriously, priority letter under the door?  is this normal ?!  People always walking through my floor, for washing their clothes, or it’s garbage collectors...Who knows what could happen  ..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

Do you have a leasing office? sometimes they drop it there. Or maybe they’ll delivery it tomorrow. My EAD was for Out for delivery for 2 weeks!!

No we live in a single family house. But no mail was delivered at all today so I'm hoping it gets here tomorrow! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.