Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, PaShah said:

Anyone who's case is being processed at NBC and have filed around mid September received approval for their EAD/AP yet? It's becoming harder everyday to pay bills..

We are still waiting and our NOA is dated around September 11. Be patient. There is no rhyme or reason the way they do approvals. Also remember, some people jump the line by filing for expedites. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

December 18, 2019

Case Was Approved

On December 18, 2019, we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

about what I expected, just about 3 months on the nose .will help so she can start applying now and hopefully start right after the interview

Congrats Prizm!  We have been using you guys as our pacemaker so maybe by the end of the year we see some movement on our EAD/AP.

Happy holidays!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Zach2015 said:

We are still waiting and our NOA is dated around September 11. Be patient. There is no rhyme or reason the way they do approvals. Also remember, some people jump the line by filing for expedites. 

Thank you, Zach. *fingers crossed* its soon. 

Interview has been scheduled! What a great way to wrap up the year. Still sending lots of good wishes to you all! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone done any research on an interim EAD card? I looked online and it said if you haven't received a decision on your EAD within 90 days of initial application, they have to issue an interim one or make a decision within 10 days of a request for an interim EAD. I just wondered if anyone has tried it or if it was even worth it. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
10 minutes ago, waysoftheshadow said:

Has anyone done any research on an interim EAD card? I looked online and it said if you haven't received a decision on your EAD within 90 days of initial application, they have to issue an interim one or make a decision within 10 days of a request for an interim EAD. I just wondered if anyone has tried it or if it was even worth it. 

Will you please post the link so that we all can see what you are talking about?

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

Will you please post the link so that we all can see what you are talking 

There's not a specific link but this pdf i downloaded directly from the DHS website. 

uscis_response_to_cisomb_recommendation35_01_02_09.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello everyone!! September 2019 New York City filer here!  Any other filers from NYC here??...

So far my husband's AOS timeline has been:

AOS Packet Sent: 09/21/19

Received: 09/25/19

NOA 1: 10/1/19

Biometrics Appointment: 10/25/19

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: 11/20/19

Edited by candygrrl

*NYC*

AOS (I-485) Packet Sent: 09/21/19

AOS Packet Received: 09/25/19

EAD & AP Approved: 1/13/20

AOS Interview: 11/16/20

AOS Approved: 11/16/20

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
25 minutes ago, candygrrl said:

Hello everyone!! September 2019 New York City filer here!  Any other filers from NYC here??...

So far my husband's AOS timeline has been:

AOS Packet Sent: 09/21/19

Received: 09/25/19

Hi we’re from queens and we’re scheduled for interview on January 23 :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, waysoftheshadow said:

There's not a specific link but this pdf i downloaded directly from the DHS website. 

uscis_response_to_cisomb_recommendation35_01_02_09.pdf 53.39 kB · 6 downloads

In your initial posting, you ask if anybody has researched the interim EAD card? it would seem that you are doing a great job of researching the topic. 👍  I read it, so this sounds like a memo about USCIS responses to CISOMB recommendations (#35) about extension of  I-765 EADs that have expired, and various ideas on how to make the process better. A couple of thoughts, first of all, there is no date on the document. It has to be a bit dated in that there is another new acting USCIS director, Cuccinelli (?) since the one mentioned on the response. Overall, it sounds like a lot of push-back by USCIS to the recommendations made by CISOMB,  and not much really agreed to, implemented, or changed. This reads like bureaucratic back-and-forth banter, with no substantive results or conclusions. Where's the summary or plan of action by USCIS?:blink:

I generally applaud CISOMB's efforts in holding USCIS accountable for their miscues and misdeeds. We filed a claim with CISOMB about ROC adjudication times when we were in that phase of our journey back in 2012. In retrospect, I think that their intervention help get our case adjudicated at the CSC. However, as you can tell by the current logjam in ROC adjudication (as also with most of the other current common application adjudications), USCIS has done NOTHING much to improve the glacial pace of ROC adjudications (or any other of them, for that matter) since time.:protest: I would venture that the result is near the same for CISOMB recommendations #35 and EAD document improvement handling. :protest::ranting:

All one has to do is look at the national news about USCIS. The BIG news being bantered about by the prez's hatchet-man acting director, Cuccinelli, is the trying to ram through some fairly massive, expensive, and exorbitant immigration fee increases, that seem to be getting stymied by the courts, and some activist groups. The other recent big push by the prez, by executive order, is the initiation of "enhanced" enforcement of immigration laws by CBP officers and ICE agents of foreign aliens, legal and illegal. Thusfar, I have heard about ICE agents swooping down on rural northern Minnesota egg farms, "cracking" down on illegal aliens working picking up eggs. Now, that has got to be some really dangerous illegal aliens picking eggs.... I think that the "yolk" is on us, the USCs. Though, also at the present time, it has been estimated that there is over a million case backlog in the immigration justice system. So, if you or your loved one is out of status for not filing their AOS application timely, and you are stopped by CBP officers at a roving checkpoint, and are detained, you could be spending some real "quality time" in a USCIS detention center. BTW, I understand that these detention centers are not anywhere near the level of accommodation as like "Club Fed" the minimum security prisons for white-collar or high-roller criminals. 

I would say keep up the good research on the EAD expiration/extension issue you may find something that everyone can use to make the EAD process work better. :yes: Additionally, consider posting your results in the Working and Traveling During US Immigration Forum, https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/115-working-amp-traveling-during-us-immigration/ . You would likely get a better size audience and better focused response than in a monthly AOS/EAD/AP thread buried in the AOS Progress forum.:idea:

Good luck on your immigration journey, and Happy Holidays !!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Are there any Charlotte, NC filers here who have seen any movement past biometrics?

--

Our Timeline:

Field Office - Charlotte, NC

AOS Packet Sent: 09/03/19

AOS Packet Received: 09/05/19

NOA 1: 09/27/19

Biometrics Done: 10/05/19

December 20, 2019

Card Was Mailed To Me

On December 20, 2019, we mailed your new card for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization,

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Update: 

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

01/10/20: Case is Interview Was Scheduled

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.