Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

This may be a dumb question, but I see a lot of people needing joint sponsors all of a sudden. How were they able to pass the k1 interview with the same financials as they have now? Also, what happens if someone can’t get a co-sponsor? Do they deport the spouse? 

I didn’t need a joint sponsor for my K1 as the letter from my wife’s employer seemed good enough to the London embassy.  However, her tax return from 2018  didn’t meet the 125% as she didn’t work the full year so I am assuming this is what they have an issue with. 

13 minutes ago, waysoftheshadow said:

I have the same joint sponsor as I did for the K1 process, and I sent in the exact same tax information which is what he got when he filed, but I got an RFE saying I needed more information which seems to be what a lot of people have gotten. There is a difference in income requirements which could be why some people didn't need one until now. If they can't find a joint sponsor, they'll be declared a public charge and be denied their adjustment. 

I had no idea that they require two different levels of income for the k1 and the AOS. Thanks! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

I had no idea that they require two different levels of income for the k1 and the AOS. Thanks! 

Yep! It's 100% of the poverty level for the household size for K1 and 125% for AOS 

1 hour ago, waysoftheshadow said:

it's the version that has both parents, location of hospital where birth took place, and a signature of the mother and doctor. The short form just has the names and city where person was born 

For AOS we were supposed to send both versions ? We only have the one with names and the place of birth and this is what we send along with translation. We did the same birth certificate for k1. I didn't even realize there are different birth certificates out there. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I also received a RFE for I-485 after completing biometrics and showing Fingerprint review completed. 

Wondering if I'll be also getting a notice for tax forms or birth certificate which I included?...

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

01/10/20: Case is Interview Was Scheduled

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

1 hour ago, Save85 said:

I also received a RFE for I-485 after completing biometrics and showing Fingerprint review completed. 

Wondering if I'll be also getting a notice for tax forms or birth certificate which I included?...

Seems like our  month here in the forum is getting quite a few RFEs,  I guess we just have to deal with  it.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

Seems like our  month here in the forum is getting quite a few RFEs,  I guess we just have to deal with  it.

This is so scary! :( 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

For AOS we were supposed to send both versions ? We only have the one with names and the place of birth and this is what we send along with translation. We did the same birth certificate for k1. I didn't even realize there are different birth certificates out there. 

We're supposed to send in either the long form birth certificate or a copy of the biographic page of your sponsor's passport. My joint sponsor doesn't have a passport and they accepted the short form for the visa, so that's what I sent in for AOS and I got a RFE 

3 minutes ago, waysoftheshadow said:

We're supposed to send in either the long form birth certificate or a copy of the biographic page of your sponsor's passport. My joint sponsor doesn't have a passport and they accepted the short form for the visa, so that's what I sent in for AOS and I got a RFE 

Sorry for the confusion I think your case is a bit different than ours. I got confused and thank you for clarifications, my bad. I hope your REF will be solved shortly and your case will move on.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yup :( I'll update on what the RFE is about once I receive it in the mail. 

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

01/10/20: Case is Interview Was Scheduled

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

On 11/13/2019 at 7:22 AM, em001 said:

Have they received your RFIE

I got an update today that they have received my response to by the RFIE and will continue working on my case. 

On 11/12/2019 at 6:48 AM, Trinidemfinn said:

Hello there we also received an RFE requesting for my petitioner’s latest tax return which I believe, we included it when we sent our docs but for some reason it went missing :( we just sent it to them yesterday. 

Check to see ! You should get an update that they have revived it soon. They received mine on Monday and today I got the update that they have received it! Don’t be sad! Atleast it’s moving along 😊😊😊

57 minutes ago, Jellybeann said:

Update-

11-14. RFE received BY USCIS.

i think they update all RFE same week.

hopefully next would be case ready for interview or interview scheduled.😊 can’t wait to be done with papers.

That's great hopefully you are back on track. Please update your time as it helps us to answer your questions if you have any. Without a time line we don't know what country and or what immigration benefit you are seeking thus advice received would not be accurate or current.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, Jellybeann said:

Update-

11-14. RFE received BY USCIS.

i think they update all RFE same week.

hopefully next would be case ready for interview or interview scheduled.😊 can’t wait to be done with papers.

Are you suggesting the USCIS sends all RFEs out the same day each week?  As in always on a Thursday so they go out in 'batch' mode that day each week?

Does anyone have any evidence (anecdotal or otherwise) for this kind of thing?  When our I-129f approvals were sent to the NVC, that agency would send the physical packages every other week (I forget which day) to the corresponding embassies.  Maybe a similar thing here as well?

Has anyone been able to nail down a pattern with the USCIS and AOS applications?  I am not doubting anything.  I'm just seeking any information others may have on this particular topic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.