Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, wasp8898 said:

Hey guys. Our interview for AOS is coming up soon. I redid my medical (i693) just to avoid any more delays.

I am just a little worried. I do not remember if I declared other medical condition (which I have its PCOS) I have back in the Philippines when I had the K1 medical but I did so in the new medical (i693) would that be a problem? The civil surgeon did note on the i693 that my  PCOS is well managed.

The question is: why did you redo your medical? According to your timeline, you didn't need a new one. Was your vaccination sheet incomplete?

Edited by Ayrton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

I received today an update in my case by mail. My interview was scheduled, Washington DC office. I’m a September 9 filer

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Congratulations, and @Ayrton yours is this coming week yeah, you have to keep us posted on what you took and how it went, fingers and toes crossed for all you guys n gals 

So excited for all of you. Best of luck and keep us posted!

It has been almost three weeks since our renewal was delivered without any NOA1 in sight. 😕 We just have to wait for the 30 days before we call/write.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

On 10/30/2020 at 9:16 PM, Juliee said:

I received today an update in my case by mail. My interview was scheduled, Washington DC office. I’m a September 9 filer

Very good!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 10/30/2020 at 6:49 PM, Ayrton said:

The question is: why did you redo your medical? According to your timeline, you didn't need a new one. Was your vaccination sheet incomplete?

To be honest I was just trying to be proactive. My vaccination (ds-3025) seems to be complete but when I went to have my i693 done I needed to get two more shots (flu and MMR). 

3 hours ago, wasp8898 said:

To be honest I was just trying to be proactive. My vaccination (ds-3025) seems to be complete but when I went to have my i693 done I needed to get two more shots (flu and MMR). 

If your 3025 said you had taken all required  shots that was sufficient for the AOS. There was no need for a 693 and another medical exam.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Hey guys, thats a great question. 

From what I am reading ( https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-policy-manual-update ), the i693 is valid for:
- 2 years if you filed AOS within 60days since medical
- 1 year if filed later than 60days since medical

BUT most importantly, in the i693 instructions it says that if we were admitted as k-1 and had our medical abroad, we don't have to re-do it if we filed within one year (and no class A was found). 

So im not sure how this could be interpreted by the IO and I heard of cases where they require to take another medical. 

Im also thinking about doing it now "just in case" they as for it (my last medical was done in March 2019 and I filed for AOS in September 2019, my interview will be late November of this year). 

Could people who recently went through their interview tell us if they had to re-take their medical examinations? Did they file for AOS within 60days from their abroad medicals?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, mark08 said:

Hey guys, thats a great question. 

From what I am reading ( https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-policy-manual-update ), the i693 is valid for:
- 2 years if you filed AOS within 60days since medical
- 1 year if filed later than 60days since medical

BUT most importantly, in the i693 instructions it says that if we were admitted as k-1 and had our medical abroad, we don't have to re-do it if we filed within one year (and no class A was found). 

So im not sure how this could be interpreted by the IO and I heard of cases where they require to take another medical. 

Im also thinking about doing it now "just in case" they as for it (my last medical was done in March 2019 and I filed for AOS in September 2019, my interview will be late November of this year). 

Could people who recently went through their interview tell us if they had to re-take their medical examinations? Did they file for AOS within 60days from their abroad medicals?

You're getting confused with the forms.

Medicals done abroad are not reported on a I-693. They use DS forms, like the DS-3025 for vaccination.

The 60 days rule only applies for form 693, medicals done inside the US. And they are valid for 2 years.

Medicals done abroad are valid "forever" as long as you file for AOS within 1 year of the date of the medical. So your medical is still valid. My medical was done in March 2019 too and it's still valid, my interview is in 2 days.

I must say that, some rare times, when the officer is new or never handled k1 aos, they will say your medical is expired so what people did to fix that was taking a copy of the instructions showing their medical is still valid to show the officer, and they approved the greencard.

We went in for our interview today at the Charlotte FS. Our I-485 status changed to New Card is being produced 30-40 minutes after our interview. We went to the FS and checked-in, the interview took place over Microsoft Teams/video call with the IO. She was very straight-forward but also polite.

See you guys in 2 years!

Our Timeline:

Field Office - Charlotte, NC

AOS Packet Sent: 09/03/19

AOS Packet Received: 09/05/19

NOA 1: 09/27/19

Biometrics Done: 10/05/19

EAD Card is being Produced: 12/23/19

EAD Card was mailed 12/27/19

I-485 Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" 01/31/2020

I-485 Interview Scheduled 09/25/2020

I-485 Appeared for Interview on 11/02/2020

I-485 New Card is being produced on 11/02/2020

2 minutes ago, kikkoman said:

We went in for our interview today at the Charlotte FS. Our I-485 status changed to New Card is being produced 30-40 minutes after our interview. We went to the FS and checked-in, the interview took place over Microsoft Teams/video call with the IO. She was very straight-forward but also polite.

See you guys in 2 years!

Our Timeline:

Field Office - Charlotte, NC

AOS Packet Sent: 09/03/19

AOS Packet Received: 09/05/19

NOA 1: 09/27/19

Biometrics Done: 10/05/19

EAD Card is being Produced: 12/23/19

EAD Card was mailed 12/27/19

I-485 Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" 01/31/2020

I-485 Interview Scheduled 09/25/2020

I-485 Appeared for Interview on 11/02/2020

I-485 New Card is being produced on 11/02/2020

Could you please share the questions that were asked?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Just now, Fe.Ta said:

Could you please share the questions that were asked?

We weren't really asked a lot of questions. We have been together for over 8 years and have 3 kids together, so the evidence must have spoken for itself. The IO asked my wife (petitioner) some basic questions like name, DOB, place of birth. , when we got married...that's it.

The IO then asked for my divorce decree from my last marriage, that I had already provided a copy of in the application -- I told her I only had the original but I'd be happy to part ways with it if she couldn't locate the copy in the petition :). Anyway, she was able to find it.. She asked about my current employer/ H1b status a bit -- asked about my worksite. She finally asked how many children we have together, at which point she realized we had 3 children together and not from any other marriage. At that point we could tell she was convinced of the bonafide relationship and then she asked the formality "have you ever done x" questions.

She specifically stated she never tells anyone they are approved on the spot but that she does not need anything else from us and everything looked good. She said she will make a decision after running a "final security check". I asked whether that was standard procedure and she said everyone goes through that.

We thanked her and left the FS. We grabbed some lunch on the way home and the status changed to Card is being produced on our drive home.

Just general notes:

- The interview was over video chat. At first we couldn't see the IO but she activated her camera mid-way through the interview.

- We arrived with very little additional evidence since we sent a lot of evidence with the petition. We bought a house in January and let the IO know if she wanted to see the deed - She basically said she didn't need anything else - again, probably because of 3 kids together. - We saw other couples with lawyers and large binders -- every case is different though.

- We arrived a bit nervous but settled down quickly after we were seated in a common room where they have tables with plexi-glass and iPads. Don't be us, bring a pen. We had to ask for one.. even though the interview notice said to bring our own pens.

- Masks were mandated to be worn at all times, even during the interview over the iPad. The only time they asked us to take the mask off was at the security check-in at the front.

- The USCIS staff was courteous, professional and friendly. Not every FS might be like this, but we had a good experience overall.

On 11/1/2020 at 12:27 PM, Sarge2155 said:

If your 3025 said you had taken all required  shots that was sufficient for the AOS. There was no need for a 693 and another medical exam.

Yeah it was mark as completed on the 3025. Should I just not offer the new i693 unless they ask for it then?

2 hours ago, wasp8898 said:

Yeah it was mark as completed on the 3025. Should I just not offer the new i693 unless they ask for it then?

Yes, I would not produce it unless they asked for it, but it must be sealed! I'm sure your 3025 is good provided you submitted your AOS within 1 year.

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.