dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview October 2019

670 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Potomac said:

I got approved this week in mumbai embassy. CC June 21st.

Petitioner my wife (USC). I had my case expedited. Reason pregnancy. We sent Doctor's Medical Certificate to NVC in July end as it was the beginning of her 9th month. I guess that is the reason the expedite got approved.

Then in august i got the chance to book my interview and the only available slot was September 30. I booked it and continuously kept monitoring if any other prior slots opened up. Fortunately, a slot for this week opened and i rescheduled.

Congratulations on the arrival of your daughter and approval of your visa. Im sorry you missed the delivery.

Two questions:

1) How long did it take them (embassy) to respond to your expedite request?

2) How did you access a calendar to reschedule appointment? That's similar to K1 process and you could grab a closer one when/if someone rescheduled. Do you access the same option when you get your interview letter and sign up for the portal?

Timeline
17 hours ago, A<3B said:

Longtime reader, finally registering. 

Priority date: September 18, 2018

Case complete: May 16, 2019

Visa class: CR1

Hoping they progress to the next week of case completes before finishing for October. This is my sixth trip to India since the wedding. Fingers crossed and praying to be taking the wife back with me next month. 

They gave ILs up to May 15 or so. You may see something next week by the 19th

Mumbai Visa Timeline Telegram Group:

please PM me for link!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Yannary said:

jus spent 1 hour and 45 minutes on hold and did get the case number ... but in my excitement I actually got through I forgot to ask for the invoice number .. guess who's on hold again 🤣

Congrats 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Yannary said:

jus spent 1 hour and 45 minutes on hold and did get the case number ... but in my excitement I actually got through I forgot to ask for the invoice number .. guess who's on hold again 🤣

Poor thing...ask them about changing your email and sending you a duplicate of the welcome email too. 😉

Timeline
3 hours ago, Yannary said:

I am so stupid that I never even asked the lawyer what our case number is so I can't track it. 

Oh. The case number never went to you?

I have a lawyer also but I would want the case number to come to me

Edited by Saci Singh

3 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

Oh. The case number never went to you?

I have a lawyer also but I would want the case number to come to me

I asked about the case number back in April and he told me he doesn't want me to Google stuff and read forums so I don't freak out. Exactly what I am doing right now 🙈

I now have both the case number and invoice number. I logged in and all it says that case is at NVC and all has been accepted

You guys, I am a mess 😂

Edited by Yannary

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Yannary said:

I asked about the case number back in April and he told me he doesn't want me to Google stuff and read forums so I don't freak out. Exactly what I am doing right now 🙈

I now have both the case number and invoice number. I logged in and all it says that case is at NVC and all has been accepted

You guys, I am a mess 😂

It is YOUR RIGHT TO KNOW. Why is she keeping these things from you? So you will not know if they made a mistake and delay you? Smh

and based on your timeline, there was a gap of more than 3mos from submission to case complete! I bet your lawyer made multiple mistakes and got rfes lol! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by Kartinee23

17 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

It is YOUR RIGHT TO KNOW. Why is she keeping these things from you? So you will not know if they made a mistake and delay you? Smh

and based on your timeline, there was a gap of more than 3mos from submission to case complete! I bet your lawyer made multiple mistakes and got rfes lol! 🤦🏻‍♀️

They rejected my tax return 2 times, finally accepted the third time it was submitted. He didn't really tell me why. I am just so mentally and physically and financially drained that I don't have the strength to ask questions anymore. 

The I-130 was also delayed because he made a mistake, we didn't send proof of legitimate marriage because he thought it wasn't needed until NVC stage so we got rfe for it. Then he couldn't meet with me for a month because schedule was problematic. Overall, if I did the whole process myself it maybe would have been done already. The reason why I didn't was because I married my husband 4 months after I got divorced, I honestly didn't even know how to begin to explain that one. 

Edited by Yannary

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Yannary said:

They rejected my tax return 2 times, finally accepted the third time it was submitted. He didn't really tell me why. I am just so mentally and physically and financially drained that I don't have the strength to ask questions anymore. 

The I-130 was also delayed because he made a mistake, we didn't send proof of legitimate marriage because he thought it wasn't needed until NVC stage so we got rfe for it. Then he couldn't meet with me for a month because schedule was problematic. Overall, if I did the whole process myself it maybe would have been done already. The reason why I didn't was because I married my husband 4 months after I got divorced, I honestly didn't even know how to begin to explain that one. 

We all have stories to share about our IMMIG lawyers. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Timeline
1 hour ago, Yannary said:

You guys, I am a mess 😂

Oh

I feel like I don't want my lawyer for this part

Timeline
5 hours ago, Parcaran said:

They gave ILs up to May 15 or so. You may see something next week by the 19th

I hope so. If they stop sending interview letters and we're a day off we'll be crushed. 

A few questions if anyone can answer based on others who have posted here. I've scanned the past few months of posts, but haven't found concrete answers on the below. 

• If you requested for a Social Security Number via DS-260, when does that typically get processed and received after visa approval?

• Once the interview letter is in hand, I know the next steps are to get biometrics and medical screenings done. Has anyone posted how quickly those can be scheduled in India? We would likely go to CMM Hyderabad for the medical and the Visa Application Centre there as well. 

• Once the interview letter is in hand, is it possible to get those done in a matter of days and then try to request an earlier date per the below? 

On 8/31/2019 at 12:33 PM, dwheels76 said:

For those who want to request an earlier interview date here is a template written up by our own TeaCup.
Thank you TeaCup for the Template on how to notify the embassy
Petitioners Name
Petitioners Date of birth
Beneficiary's Name
Beneficiary's Date of birth

NVC Case #

To whom it may concern,

My name is *********
I am writing to you in order to request an earlier interview. I have originally been scheduled for an Immigrant interview at (name of embassy and give date)
I have completed the required medical exam and I have all the necessary documents necessary for the interview and I am ready.
If it is at all possible for an earlier interview date to be scheduled for me it would be much appreciated.
Thank you for your time

Sincerely.

Address & Phone Number

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, Bella3191 said:

Congratulations to everyone who got their most awaited ILs and praying for everyone who's still waiting for theirs! Claiming that this is our month! Any Filipinos here? I'm not sure how many Visas in our category are issued every month but I hope to get an October interview! Good luck to all!!!

My parents.. waiting for interview... 

IR-5

Mom I-130 Sent      06/22/2018           Dad I-130 Sent      06/22/2018         

Mom NOA1              06/25/2018           Dad NOA1             06/25/2018

Mom NOA2              06/11/2019           Dad NOA2             06/11/2019 

Sent NVC                  06/26/2019           Sent NVC               06/26/2019

NVC Received          07/01/2019           NVC Received       07/01/2019 

Case Number          07/24/2019           Case Number        07/24/2019

Paid AOS                   07/24/2019           Paid AOS                07/24/2019

Paid IV                       07/24/2019           Paid IV                    07/24/2019

IV AOS SHOW PAID    07/30/2019  finally 🎉🎉

DS260                        07/30/2019           DS260                     07/30/2019

AOS SUBMITTED     07/30/2019           AOS SUBMITTED  07/30/2019

IV SUBMITTED         07/30/2019            IV SUBMITTED      07/30/2019

Documentary Qualified  09/11/2019 🎉🎉🎉

Interview Letter Dad and Mom 09/20/2019  🎉🎉🎉

Interview Date: 10/21/2019 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.