laylalex

Happy Women's Equality Day!

34 posts in this topic

Thought we could all celebrate something good instead of, um, arguing. :D

99 years ago, women were finally granted the right to vote nationwide. Women and men were abused, tortured and mocked for their support for every American's right to participate in our elections. I'll be raising a glass tonight to honor the women and men who worked so hard to ensure that I and every other citizen has the right to vote.

Liberty_and_her_Attendants_-_(Suffragette's_Tableau)_276006v.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wonder what they would think of 4th wave Feminism?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

24 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I was already raising a glass or three but one will be to women's rights. 

Raising mine with you! It will be a couple fingers of this, on the rocks:

edrob.10yov1.jpg

Filed: Timeline
53 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Thank you for the offer, sincerely.  But I don't allow strange women to put their fingers on me.  And you are pretty strange...

Edited by ALFKAD

3 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I might add... applause to a woman who will drink a stiff drink on the rocks.  Too few do.

You can thank my fiance for that one! He's the one who introduced me to whisky when I was 20 years old, shoved a hip flask in my hand and I took a gulp without realizing what it was. Burned my throat but the second, slower sip was GORGEOUS. :P 

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

edrob.10yov1.jpg

No offense, but you might as well be drinking bathtub mash. Ten years old is, at a minimum, four years too young. Your fiance ought to be charged with scotch pedophilia. Also, unsure of your definition of "on the rocks," but a good scotch only needs a little water, a single cube, two at the most, to open it up and let it breathe. Although for what you're drinking, maybe the water is a good dilution. 😉

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

1 minute ago, Boris Farage said:

No offense, but you might as well be drinking bathtub mash. Ten years old is, at a minimum, four years too young. Your fiance ought to be charged with scotch pedophilia. Also, unsure of your definition of "on the rocks," but a good scotch only needs a little water, a single cube, two at the most, to open it up and let it breathe. Although for what you're drinking, maybe the water is a good dilution. 😉

What do you suggest I get instead? We have an anniversary coming up in October, and we'll be in the UK (and in Scotland no less) then. I'd love to get him something really special, especially since we will both have to be in the same room with the dreaded ex at a wedding (😱) and he'll deserve a treat.

And as for how it tastes, well it tastes lovely. It is also very sentimental to me, since it's what I was drinking the first night I met him. ❤️ And I have two ice cubes at most, thank you.

5 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Not sure why people do this. As if your taste in something should translate to everyone else. Someone questioned my choice of vodka like this once. My response was who the hell cares. I wasn't asking him if he wanted a drink. It was for myself. I like, I drink it. That's all that matters. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

2 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Not sure why people do this. As if your taste in something should translate to everyone else. Someone questioned my choice of vodka like this once. My response was who the hell cares. I wasn't asking him if he wanted a drink. It was for myself. I like, I drink it. That's all that matters. 

I think Boris wants us all to recognize that he can afford the best whiskies known to humanity. :P 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
33 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I might add... applause to a woman who will drink a stiff drink on the rocks.  Too few do.

I like my vodka martinis dirty, dry, and straight up with 2 olives. Definitely shaken not stirred. Does that count???🍸🍸🍸

2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I think Boris wants us all to recognize that he can afford the best whiskies known to humanity. :P 

Perhaps. A simple suggestion would suffice. 

I bought my father in law an expensive vodka for his birthday once, only to watch him spit it out and go back to his cheap Russian rot gut. Everyone's tastes are different.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

4 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Perhaps. A simple suggestion would suffice. 

I bought my father in law an expensive vodka for his birthday once, only to watch him spit it out and go back to his cheap Russian rot gut. Everyone's tastes are different.

I was thinking of this (watched this on a particularly bleak and miserable Christmas out in the wilds of East Anglia one year, and I loved it):