laylalex

Republican Steve King: if not for incest and rape 'would there be any population left?'

290 posts in this topic

Timeline
23 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

No problem. I hope you understand that what I'm trying to say is the government can and often does make laws that fly in the face of what our nation was founded on. Because a government says something does not make it right or just. :)

Well, I know that if my SiL saw such a meme it would be rather rude to her. I have shared what happened to her, in terms of context that abortion is not so generalized and clear cut, and is often an agonizing decision for a woman to make. She thinks of her lost baby every single day, but she also thinks of the horrific suffering that baby went through before it died. She agonizes over her decision to keep it, being fed false hope, and losing that baby to a cruel death. The psychological and physical anguish she went through, still goes through... and what her entire family went through still haunts her. It's a serious subject... not befitting of a meme... sorry. :(

Actually I do. I am just trying to explain that what woman are allowed should extend to me also and as you said that the government is overreaching. We are pretty much on the same page from what I can see so far. 

Some here know me and know I am a hardcore Libertarian and I am not a fan of the GOP either. I am anti abortion and am Catholic but do believe that the country can't make moral or religious laws. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
18 minutes ago, luckytxn said:

Actually I do. I am just trying to explain that what woman are allowed should extend to me also

I'm not sure I follow. Are you arguing that you should be allowed to have an abortion because women are allowed to?

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

Filed: Timeline
37 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

I think the onus is also on both parties in the mistake making. I often think though that many girls and women might choose to not have an abortion if they did not receive so much hatred and shame or lack of support from their family, friends, church... you name it. Men and boys that take off at the first notice of pregnancy.. Not to mention the whole attitude toward using the pill as well. There are people that believe that BC is wrong too and makes our bodies have constant mini-abortions, you know (even in cases when medically necessary). Steve King has been down that road before actually!

Oh, it is ABSOLUTELY on both parties.  It takes two to tango.  Unfortunately,  the guy can easily walk away from the baby, but the mother cannot.

I once got a girl pregnant due to lack of proper protection.  I married her and worked 65 hours a week to support her and the baby.  No insurance, but I had the hospital paid for before the birth.

The things I say, I do not say lightly. There are viable alternatives to abortion as a form of birth control.

Edited by ALFKAD

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

I'm not sure I follow. Are you arguing that you should be allowed to have an abortion because women are allowed to?

No I never said that. Maybe use your head and reread what I have written and make an effort to understand what I am saying. Once you do come back and we can discuss further but at least try and make the effort.

36 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Oh, it is ABSOLUTELY on both parties.  It takes two to tango.  Unfortunately,  the guy can easily walk away from the baby, but the mother cannot.

I once got a girl pregnant due to lack of proper protection.  I married her and worked 65 hours a week to support her and the baby.  No insurance, but I had the hospital paid for before the birth.

The things I say, I do not say lightly. There are viable alternatives to abortion as a form of birth control.

I think we as society need to do better with support of those who have become pregnant by accident and getting rid of the stigma of birth control. And no, it's not 100% effective of course, but a large part of why abortions became more prevelant at some point (after birth control) was societies attitude toward sex and the use of the pill in general. Not to mention other things such as extreme side effects (there's a huge lack of $s not going toward research on that front), cost, and better access. Got tell ya, I hate taking the dang thing it makes me sick every day, what I have to go through to obtain it is hilariously stupid, and it' still stupidly expensive. And.. well while some groups push adoption as an alternative, I have to tell you, that is not a simple thing to ask a young mother to do either. Many will experience extreme psychological trauma and feelings of hopelessness and regret afterwards. Afterall, the woman is forced to give birth, then give it up... even though she may love the child dearly, but have no way or support to care for it. The psychological effect of bonding and loss is very much the same.

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Fifteen pages in and I'm still wondering what made Steve King bring up incest in all this. The guy is just out to lunch. 

Well, it's because in his state he's trying to.. or the party is trying to push one of those abortion bills into law, which also makes no exception to rape or incest. He was attempting to justify that to the crowd he was speaking to. He ended up being confronted by a conservative woman who took great offense to it.. and tried to fob her off and run away. He's such a loser.

59 minutes ago, luckytxn said:

Actually I do. I am just trying to explain that what woman are allowed should extend to me also and as you said that the government is overreaching. We are pretty much on the same page from what I can see so far. 

Some here know me and know I am a hardcore Libertarian and I am not a fan of the GOP either. I am anti abortion and am Catholic but do believe that the country can't make moral or religious laws. 

I'm a libertarian-minded too, so I do think we're on the same page. :thumbs:

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

I think the onus is also on both parties in the mistake making. I often think though that many girls and women might choose to not have an abortion if they did not receive so much hatred and shame or lack of support from their family, friends, church... you name it. Men and boys that take off at the first notice of pregnancy.. Not to mention the whole attitude toward using the pill as well. There are people that believe that BC is wrong too and makes our bodies have constant mini-abortions, you know (even in cases when medically necessary). Steve King has been down that road before actually!

I dont think the shame of having baby out of wedlock is that big thing anymore. Not even in the Philippines 

1 hour ago, luckytxn said:

I think the majority of people think likes us. Anti abortion but its not the Govts business 

2 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I dont think the shame of having baby out of wedlock is that big thing anymore. Not even in the Philippines 

It is in some circles. It might not be to you or others you know, but it's still a problem. And.. the problem is a lot more complex than just having a baby unmarried.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Just now, yuna628 said:

It is in some circles. It might not be to you or others you know, but it's still a problem. And.. the problem is a lot more complex than just having a baby unmarried.

I should have said more generally accepted.  In the 60 and 70s it was a huge deal in a small town. I know one pillar of the community type family, kept the daughter locked in the house the whole 9 months, then went to another town to have the baby and made her give it up. The woman was never quite right after that 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, luckytxn said:

No I never said that. Maybe use your head and reread what I have written and make an effort to understand what I am saying. Once you do come back and we can discuss further but at least try and make the effort.

I will pass, thank you. I can't see how a productive conversation would go with a man who, on principle, wants the right to an abortion.

-

5 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

I will pass, thank you. I can't see how a productive conversation would go with a man who, on principle, wants the right to an abortion.

You displaying Gender bias. Its not cool

11 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

😂

It really isn't cool, Boris. Gender bias is a real thing, and as I have written in several of my posts in this thread, a force most if not all women and girls have to deal with in their lives. That is not to say that men do not also face gender bias, it's just that as the gender with greater power (undeniably true, even in our society), the biases they face tend to be less toxic. (I am not counting the bias against fathers in the court system -- my fiance is proof that it exists in England, too. His ex-wife was awarded primary custody of their daughter despite essentially running away with the child. And because they had a high standard of living in London, he has to pay through the nose to support them.)

Edited by laylalex
Clarification: my fiance is not still married to his ex-wife.

Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

It really isn't cool, Boris. Gender bias is a real thing, and as I have written in several of my posts in this thread, a force most if not all women and girls have to deal with in their lives.

Oh fine then. If I concede that luckytxn has the right to an abortion, even if he (or she, I agree I did make an assumption about his (or her) sex) doesn't have the correct plumbing for said procedure, can I be then be let back in to the politically correct club?

7 minutes ago, laylalex said:

It really isn't cool, Boris. Gender bias is a real thing, and as I have written in several of my posts in this thread, a force most if not all women and girls have to deal with in their lives. That is not to say that men do not also face gender bias, it's just that as the gender with greater power

This again. The fact that there has to be a men's rights movement clearly indicates how over-stated gender bias actually is, and how movements such as #metoo have completely put men on their heels, afraid to even have a one-on-one interaction with a woman behind a closed door, for fear of being falsely accused. Because for men now, being falsely accused is the same thing as being found guilty.

-

Filed: Timeline
13 minutes ago, laylalex said:

It really isn't cool, Boris. Gender bias is a real thing, and as I have written in several of my posts in this thread, a force most if not all women and girls have to deal with in their lives. That is not to say that men do not also face gender bias, it's just that as the gender with greater power (undeniably true, even in our society), the biases they face tend to be less toxic. (I am not counting the bias against fathers in the court system -- my fiance is proof that it exists in England, too. His ex-wife was awarded primary custody of their daughter despite essentially running away with the child. And because they had a high standard of living in London, he has to pay through the nose to support them.)

Just as YOU are living proof that the courts are biased in favor of women getting spousal support.  WHY?  No man was supporting you prior to marriage, so why should your ex support you after the marriage?  Why not just get a divorce and go back to who/what you were prior?