2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi..You'll have to go to your local DMV..or is it MVC over there in Jersey..with two forms of I.D, social security and proof of address also the renewal fee I think $24 or so please confirm! Here in N.Y. they issue you your licence according to the validity of documents you provide..that is if your EAD is expiring Jan 2020 then that will be the validity of your licence! Please go online to discover more information also it will help to call them in advance and ask what they require and will accept so as not to waste a trip! But here's the general information I coined out from the NJ MVC site! 👇👇👇

How to Renew Your Driver License in New Jersey
  1. VISIT A MOTOR VEHICLE AGENCY. Choose a licensing office using the map here. ...
  2. BRING REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION. You are required to provide. ... 2 forms of i.d, SSN, proof of address.
  3. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM. ...
  4. PAY THE RENEWAL FEE. ...
  5. HAVE YOUR PICTURE AND SIGNATURE TAKEN. ...
  6. RECEIVE YOUR DRIVER LICENSE.

@Stillwinning!!!😊Thanks but what I’m saying is that how will I renew it when my Ead expires next year January that’s what am asking ..I already have one drivers license that will expire January 2020..will they renew for me with pending case that’s what am asking 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Blunt said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊Thanks but what I’m saying is that how will I renew it when my Ead expires next year January that’s what am asking ..I already have one drivers license that will expire January 2020..will they renew for me with pending case that’s what am asking 

If you’ve already submitted and received receipt for your vawa. Submit the I-765 renewal. Attach your pending I-485 receipt and vawa receipt and send to Vermont. When you receive the receipt (180 days extension for your EAD ) take it to your DMV and get your DL extended or renewed too . I stand to be corrected . 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Thanks for the info..personally I think the site is on vacation 🌴😕 I'll just wait for it to return!😏

😀😅😅😅😅😀😀😅😅@Stillwinning!!!😊 my dear the site is drinking coffee and sleeping, like those officer that drinks coffee and take vacation on peoples cases and approves it after 2yrs...🤪🤪🤪

Edited by Modu

11 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

That's hardly anything to worry about!😊 by now you should have been familiar with the system glitch USCIS site is experiencing lately...if anything..they probably decided to work on a spare Greencard for you only!..just incase anything happens to the current one!😌😝😝😛 NOT! Just kidding!😂😂😂 but I think you're good! Pay no mind to the crazy updates! 👎

😄 I understand now .. I Shouldn't worry about it 's just glitch on USCIS website .

Thanks alot. 😘

Edited by xoxox

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Happy new month to all September filers , we are 1yr in vawa i360 today... it’s been 1yrs since we filed our cases ,may God shower us with favors and speed approvers in Jesus name Amen....🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠

Timeline

Hi..You'll have to go to your local DMV..or is it MVC over there in Jersey..with two forms of I.D, social security and proof of address also the renewal fee I think $24 or so please confirm! Here in N.Y. they issue you your licence according to the validity of documents you provide..that is if your EAD is expiring Jan 2020 then that will be the validity of your licence! Please go online to discover more information also it will help to call them in advance and ask what they require and will accept so as not to waste a trip! But here's the general information I coined out from the NJ MVC site! 👇👇👇

How to Renew Your Driver License in New Jersey
  1. VISIT A MOTOR VEHICLE AGENCY. Choose a licensing office using the map here. ...
  2. BRING REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION. You are required to provide. ... 2 forms of i.d, SSN, proof of address.
  3. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM. ...
  4. PAY THE RENEWAL FEE. ...
  5. HAVE YOUR PICTURE AND SIGNATURE TAKEN. ...
  6. RECEIVE YOUR DRIVER LICENSE.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Deserteagle said:

If you’ve already submitted and received receipt for your vawa. Submit the I-765 renewal. Attach your pending I-485 receipt and vawa receipt and send to Vermont. When you receive the receipt (180 days extension for your EAD ) take it to your DMV and get your DL extended or renewed too . I stand to be corrected . 

Thanks so much I will look into that ..God bless you 

4 minutes ago, Blunt said:

Every office is different some officers understand our journey, others don't!..or don't want to.. That said, most people have been able to renew with the NOA that serves as extension for additional 6months! Ask to speak to a supervisor at the office and submit your documents with the NOA they should be able to renew for you!

3 hours ago, Blunt said:

Hello @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @FeDaniela @NICOLA2017 @FridayGirl@69 other VJ FORUM members ,

I am from New Jersey and I want to renew my drivers license as my Ead will be expiring January 2020,please tell me how to go about this at DMV and would need to hear from anybody in New Jersey too,I am here to ask few questions about my case ..I submitted my application to the Vermont center some few months back and I already have EAD through my marriage with my abusive wife,I went to the interview all alone and explained to them to hold my i485 and they did ,so now they had to transfer my i485 to Vermont center and I also have my i360 with Vermont center waiting for decision as it is showing your correspondence was received and USCIS is reviewing it..that’s what my i485 and i360 is showing on the USCIS tracking case website..so now the questions is that my EAD is about to expire in January 2020 and I need to renew my drivers license too and renew my Ead as well ..I want to first ask how I will go about renewing my drivers license cause I know that there is now how my new EAD can come before January 2020..I live in NEW JERSEY,please anyone that lives in NJ that has experience about how to renew my drivers license while my case is pending...I want to ask how and what I’m gonna tell them at DMV to get it renewed for me cause I heard they always stress people out sometimes before they could renew their drivers license for them and some dmv don’t even renew with pending case ...so can anybody who is in NEW JERSEY shed more light to this for me on how to go about at DMV ...Thanks to y’all 

After your license expires on January 2020 and in case new EAD haven’t arrive yet, to renew your license show DMV expired EAD, I-765 receipt showing the 180 days extension for the C09 category and ask to speak with a supervisor, if the person attending you give you hard time, supervisor will check with USCIS / DHS that your EAD was automatically extend for 180 days and will renew your license.  The extension only show after the expiration date occurs sometimes days after the Dmv supervisor told me last time i renew my license... Don’t worry they  may or not give hard time but most of us renew DL for 6 months with I-765 receipt until EAD Arrived. 

Sent you Renewal to Vermont now. 

Edited by FeDaniela

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Blunt said:

Hello @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @FeDaniela @NICOLA2017 @FridayGirl@69 other VJ FORUM members ,

I am from New Jersey and I want to renew my drivers license as my Ead will be expiring January 2020,please tell me how to go about this at DMV and would need to hear from anybody in New Jersey too,I am here to ask few questions about my case ..I submitted my application to the Vermont center some few months back and I already have EAD through my marriage with my abusive wife,I went to the interview all alone and explained to them to hold my i485 and they did ,so now they had to transfer my i485 to Vermont center and I also have my i360 with Vermont center waiting for decision as it is showing your correspondence was received and USCIS is reviewing it..that’s what my i485 and i360 is showing on the USCIS tracking case website..so now the questions is that my EAD is about to expire in January 2020 and I need to renew my drivers license too and renew my Ead as well ..I want to first ask how I will go about renewing my drivers license cause I know that there is now how my new EAD can come before January 2020..I live in NEW JERSEY,please anyone that lives in NJ that has experience about how to renew my drivers license while my case is pending...I want to ask how and what I’m gonna tell them at DMV to get it renewed for me cause I heard they always stress people out sometimes before they could renew their drivers license for them and some dmv don’t even renew with pending case ...so can anybody who is in NEW JERSEY shed more light to this for me on how to go about at DMV ...Thanks to y’all 

Under new laws you must have EAD Approval to be able to renew it, you must keep

renew your EAD 3 months before expiration until you get your I360/1485 Approved to be able to get your DL plus once you get your I485 Approved you must go to updated your SS# and write a letter to IRS with your ITIN# (if you paid taxes previously) to transfer all those years to your SS#

Timeline
56 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Under new laws you must have EAD Approval to be able to renew it, you must keep

renew your EAD 3 months before expiration until you get your I360/1485 Approved to be able to get your DL plus once you get your I485 Approved you must go to updated your SS# and write a letter to IRS with your ITIN# (if you paid taxes previously) to transfer all those years to your SS#

So what you trying to say now is that I have to wait till my Ead is renewed I can get my drivers license renewed ?? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, FeDaniela said:

After your license expires on January 2020 and in case new EAD haven’t arrive yet, to renew your license show DMV expired EAD, I-765 receipt showing the 180 days extension for the C09 category and ask to speak with a supervisor, if the person attending you give you hard time, supervisor will check with USCIS / DHS that your EAD was automatically extend for 180 days and will renew your license.  The extension only show after the expiration date occurs sometimes days after the Dmv supervisor told me last time i renew my license... Don’t worry they  may or not give hard time but most of us renew DL for 6 months with I-765 receipt until EAD Arrived. 

Sent you Renewal to Vermont now. 

Thanks so much and and God bless you abundantly I will do it the way you have said ,I can’t just wait to get my green card ..I’m technically not letting the whole thing to overwhelm me it’s a journey of the mind 

Timeline

Every office is different some officers understand our journey, others don't!..or don't want to.. That said, most people have been able to renew with the NOA that serves as extension for additional 6months! Ask to speak to a supervisor at the office and submit your documents with the NOA they should be able to renew for you!

Thanks I will go and renew my EAD before the month end 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.