2,946 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone .

Congratulations for all those people got them GC recently .

I just was wondering please need help.

Might someone has similar experience .

I got very werrid update on my 485 .

I received my GC already On May this year .

My last update online on my case status was Card was Delivered to me by post office that's was in May , 3 weeks ago I received new update which it says Fingers prints review was completed On July 29 we completed our review for finger prints on your i485 and we will work on your case at national Befints center we will let you know if we made decision on your case or we need anything from you .

I have no idea what is this mean , I already received my GC .

Case History : Next step we will prepare your case for officer for review , if we need more information we will notify you .

I just get little worried when I got this update .

Should I worry about it ?

Edited by xoxox

9 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Hi Everyone .

Congratulations for all those people got them GC recently .

I just was wondering please need help.

Might someone has similar experience .

I got very werrid update on my 485 today .

I received my GC already On May this year .

My last update online on my case status was Card was Delivered to me by post office that's was in May , two weeks ago I received new update which it says Fingers prints review was completed On July 14 we completed our review for finger prints on your i485 and we will work on your case at national Befints center we will let you know if we made decision on your case or we need anything from you .

I have no idea what is this mean , I already received my GC .

Case History : Next step we will prepare your case for officer for review , if we need more information we will notify you .

I just get little worried when I got this update .

Should I worry about it ?

That's hardly anything to worry about!😊 by now you should have been familiar with the system glitch USCIS site is experiencing lately...if anything..they probably decided to work on a spare Greencard for you only!..just incase anything happens to the current one!😌😝😝😛 NOT! Just kidding!😂😂😂 but I think you're good! Pay no mind to the crazy updates! 👎

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Ib6 is for vawa...someone asked earlier the category that's why I replied .

IB6” in particular is for the spouse of a US citizen who self-petitioned under VAWA and who obtained permanent residency by doing Adjustment of Status in the US. An abused spouse of a US citizen can apply for naturalization 3 years after they become a permanent resident

5 hours ago, flyup123 said:

i tried to recall from the thread, but i couldn't seem to locate the conversation, how long does it take from the time Vermont receives your EAD C31 renewal application till you receive the Notice? They cashed the check for the fee yesterday after 2 weeks so just curious. Also, do they assign a different case number or they just add the updates to the I360 case? Thanks.

I haven't gotten to the position where I have to renew my C31...I've always thought that the greencard will come first..thereby making the C31 renewal of no use! Anyway since they cashed the check..it's a sign that it's moving along and you'll be hearing from them anytime now...also i360 (VAWA) is a different petition from i765 (Employment Authorization) which is the EAD C31 application as a result of the approved VAWA petition and as such will have it's own case number! I hope this is not confusing..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I haven't gotten to the position where I have to renew my C31...I've always thought that the greencard will come first..thereby making the C31 renewal of no use! Anyway since they cashed the check..it's a sign that it's moving along and you'll be hearing from them anytime now...also i360 (VAWA) is a different petition from i765 (Employment Authorization) which is the EAD C31 application as a result of the approved VAWA petition and as such will have it's own case number! I hope this is not confusing..

To my understanding, anytime one renews their EAD in any category it comes with a new case number in the NOA. I stand to be corrected . 

5 minutes ago, Deserteagle said:

To my understanding, anytime one renews their EAD in any category it comes with a new case number in the NOA. I stand to be corrected . 

".....and as such will have it's own case number! I hope this is not confusing.."

in different words, we are saying the same thing!😏

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

".....and as such will have it's own case number! I hope this is not confusing.."

in different words, we are saying the same thing!😏

Lol 😂 yes we are 

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Thanks @Stillwinning!!!😊 & @Deserteagle i was trying to see of any updates online, but since i have no notice yet with the assigned number i was thinking maybe i could try and check under the same EAC...... number that i initially received it under VAWA, but yeah, it would make sense to have a totally new one as you guys said. 😚Have a great long weekend everyone, i guess USCIS is getting another day off on Monday....:( 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is for those of us that which to check ur case on uscis web... I notice that USCIS site is opened to view your case from 1am 2am till 5am ... but during the day time it’s hardly available and shows errors... 

On 8/30/2019 at 6:47 AM, FeDaniela said:

When I went to DMV to get my License they gave me the option to have a REAL ID license it has a circle black star on the corner for non-citizen and for US Citizen will have the USA flag , which will be the only valid ID beside the passport the will be accepted to travel domestic (US territory) starting 2020, I traveled to Puerto Rico with my REAL ID license only, No AP and they accepted no problem at all. The Real ID license is a verification of your identity showing that your are identity has been verify by the US government.... 

To take this license they ask me for everything.... my First I-94, my First passport where my Visa was issue, all my expired passport, they call DHS in front of me to verify my first enter to USA it was like immigration inspection at DMV.... Anyone got this REAL ID license???? 

igot real id they a only asked me my social card ,work authorisation and  any letter with my name and adress

1 hour ago, Modu said:

This is for those of us that which to check ur case on uscis web... I notice that USCIS site is opened to view your case from 1am 2am till 5am ... but during the day time it’s hardly available and shows errors... 

Thanks for the info..personally I think the site is on vacation 🌴😕 I'll just wait for it to return!😏

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline

Hello @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @FeDaniela @NICOLA2017 @FridayGirl@69 other VJ FORUM members ,

I am from New Jersey and I want to renew my drivers license as my Ead will be expiring January 2020,please tell me how to go about this at DMV and would need to hear from anybody in New Jersey too,I am here to ask few questions about my case ..I submitted my application to the Vermont center some few months back and I already have EAD through my marriage with my abusive wife,I went to the interview all alone and explained to them to hold my i485 and they did ,so now they had to transfer my i485 to Vermont center and I also have my i360 with Vermont center waiting for decision as it is showing your correspondence was received and USCIS is reviewing it..that’s what my i485 and i360 is showing on the USCIS tracking case website..so now the questions is that my EAD is about to expire in January 2020 and I need to renew my drivers license too and renew my Ead as well ..I want to first ask how I will go about renewing my drivers license cause I know that there is now how my new EAD can come before January 2020..I live in NEW JERSEY,please anyone that lives in NJ that has experience about how to renew my drivers license while my case is pending...I want to ask how and what I’m gonna tell them at DMV to get it renewed for me cause I heard they always stress people out sometimes before they could renew their drivers license for them and some dmv don’t even renew with pending case ...so can anybody who is in NEW JERSEY shed more light to this for me on how to go about at DMV ...Thanks to y’all 

Edited by Blunt

20 minutes ago, Blunt said:

Hello @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @FeDaniela @NICOLA2017 @FridayGirl@69 other VJ FORUM members ,

I am from New Jersey and I want to renew my drivers license as my Ead will be expiring January 2020,please tell me how to go about this at DMV and would need to hear from anybody in New Jersey too,I am here to ask few questions about my case ..I submitted my application to the Vermont center some few months back and I already have EAD through my marriage with my abusive wife,I went to the interview all alone and explained to them to hold my i485 and they did ,so now they had to transfer my i485 to Vermont center and I also have my i360 with Vermont center waiting for decision as it is showing your correspondence was received and USCIS is reviewing it..that’s what my i485 and i360 is showing on the USCIS tracking case website..so now the questions is that my EAD is about to expire in January 2020 and I need to renew my drivers license too and renew my Ead as well ..I want to first ask how I will go about renewing my drivers license cause I know that there is now how my new EAD can come before January 2020..I live in NEW JERSEY,please anyone that lives in NJ that has experience about how to renew my drivers license while my case is pending...I want to ask how and what I’m gonna tell them at DMV to get it renewed for me cause I heard they always stress people out sometimes before they could renew their drivers license for them and some dmv don’t even renew with pending case ...so can anybody who is in NEW JERSEY shed more light to this for me on how to go about at DMV ...Thanks to y’all 

Hi..You'll have to go to your local DMV..or is it MVC over there in Jersey..with two forms of I.D, social security and proof of address also the renewal fee I think $24 or so please confirm! Here in N.Y. they issue you your licence according to the validity of documents you provide..that is if your EAD is expiring Jan 2020 then that will be the validity of your licence! Please go online to discover more information also it will help to call them in advance and ask what they require and will accept so as not to waste a trip! But here's the general information I coined out from the NJ MVC site! 👇👇👇

How to Renew Your Driver License in New Jersey
  1. VISIT A MOTOR VEHICLE AGENCY. Choose a licensing office using the map here. ...
  2. BRING REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION. You are required to provide. ... 2 forms of i.d, SSN, proof of address.
  3. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM. ...
  4. PAY THE RENEWAL FEE. ...
  5. HAVE YOUR PICTURE AND SIGNATURE TAKEN. ...
  6. RECEIVE YOUR DRIVER LICENSE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.