skipperdee

K1 Filers - July / August NOA2 - Montreal

523 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone, just wanted to clarify something. I sent in P3 on Sept. 26 and received an email the following day from the Consulate in Montreal (the email was montreal-iv-dv@state.gov) in response to my P3 saying my case has been reviewed and I can book my interview. I assumed this was P4 as it said "Appointment letter: (Packet 4)" on the bottom of the email. I created my account and was able to pay the fee and book an interview. Today I received another email in response to P3  with the P4 pdf file. Is this normal/did you all receive two separate emails regarding booking an appointment? Or is my interviewed considered "unauthorized"? I feel like I'm overthinking it and I am probably fine, but just wanted to make sure I don't go to Montreal for no reason haha. I may contact them to make sure, but figured I'd ask you all first!

Thank you!!!

Timeline
6 hours ago, klgck said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to clarify something. I sent in P3 on Sept. 26 and received an email the following day from the Consulate in Montreal (the email was montreal-iv-dv@state.gov) in response to my P3 saying my case has been reviewed and I can book my interview. I assumed this was P4 as it said "Appointment letter: (Packet 4)" on the bottom of the email. I created my account and was able to pay the fee and book an interview. Today I received another email in response to P3  with the P4 pdf file. Is this normal/did you all receive two separate emails regarding booking an appointment? Or is my interviewed considered "unauthorized"? I feel like I'm overthinking it and I am probably fine, but just wanted to make sure I don't go to Montreal for no reason haha. I may contact them to make sure, but figured I'd ask you all first!

Thank you!!!

as long as you paid and booked you are fine imo, just remember to bring everything with you to your interview, also no matter what time your interview time is on the day of it you can go earlier, so if your interview is scheduled for 9am and u want to get it over with at 7am you can do that, they don't care what time it says on it and will take you in right away, its on a first come first serve basis

Timeline

Hi everyone, I just wanted to check in to see if anyone has any insight on the new presidential decree released yesterday. 

According to NY Times, Guardian, etc., "Immigrants applying for US visas will be denied entry into the country unless they can prove they can afford health care within 30 days of entering or can’t pay for it themselves, according to a proclamation signed by President Trump. The new rule, which comes into force on 3 November, will be applied to people seeking immigrant visas, not those in the US already. It does not apply to those seeking asylum seekers, refugees or children. But it would apply to the spouses and parents of US citizens. That could have an impact on families who are trying to bring their parents to the US."

I do not mean to stir a panic and I don't think it applies to us K1 applicants anyway as the K1 is non-immigrant visa. In any case, my partner would be able to afford healthcare once he enters, but we haven't seen anything on VJ yet so thought we'd just check in. I suppose this may come into play for us when we do AOS after we get married. Any thoughts on how this new requirement might affect our processes would be much appreciated! 

Thanks all, ever grateful for this community. 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, pandp said:

Hi everyone, I just wanted to check in to see if anyone has any insight on the new presidential decree released yesterday. 

According to NY Times, Guardian, etc., "Immigrants applying for US visas will be denied entry into the country unless they can prove they can afford health care within 30 days of entering or can’t pay for it themselves, according to a proclamation signed by President Trump. The new rule, which comes into force on 3 November, will be applied to people seeking immigrant visas, not those in the US already. It does not apply to those seeking asylum seekers, refugees or children. But it would apply to the spouses and parents of US citizens. That could have an impact on families who are trying to bring their parents to the US."

I do not mean to stir a panic and I don't think it applies to us K1 applicants anyway as the K1 is non-immigrant visa. In any case, my partner would be able to afford healthcare once he enters, but we haven't seen anything on VJ yet so thought we'd just check in. I suppose this may come into play for us when we do AOS after we get married. Any thoughts on how this new requirement might affect our processes would be much appreciated! 

Thanks all, ever grateful for this community. 

Wow, we are probably going to cross the boarder on 5 November... Guess I will let you all know how it goes and I'll refrain from investing this month and keep the cash liquid in my account. I'll bring bank statements to the boarder as well. 

SIGH

Edited by ScooterJones

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I received my Packet 4 on Oct 2 and have been waiting for appointments to open up in Montreal.  

At this time, it has been a tough process for me, as employment contracted ended in June 2019. I was able to pick up a small job that carried me until Sept 2019, but at this time am not looking for work and staying on friends/family. 

I saw previous groups of people informed each other when appointment opened up, although I am unsure if everyone in this thread as been successful in booking their appointment? And if you have not, would you be interested in starting a thread to inform each other. 

I apologize if this is in the wrong place and feel free to redirect if need be. 

Thank You

5 hours ago, CRayneG said:

I received my Packet 4 on Oct 2 and have been waiting for appointments to open up in Montreal.  

At this time, it has been a tough process for me, as employment contracted ended in June 2019. I was able to pick up a small job that carried me until Sept 2019, but at this time am not looking for work and staying on friends/family. 

I saw previous groups of people informed each other when appointment opened up, although I am unsure if everyone in this thread as been successful in booking their appointment? And if you have not, would you be interested in starting a thread to inform each other. 

I apologize if this is in the wrong place and feel free to redirect if need be. 

Thank You

Yes this is the best place to do that. Once somebody finds out please do let people know in this thread so we can all get appointments soon. Has anybody got a December appointment yet? 

Timeline

you are on the right place. when we found the november dates opened up, we posted this in here... ;)

done with my medical last tuesday. dr mascarenhas is awesome! just took longer than expected in the lifelabs for the blood draw - too many walk-ins that day. medical done in 2hrs.

green p parking conveniently located in front of the clinic.

waiting for my interview in nov 6!

see you there guys!

Timeline
1 hour ago, wingman23 said:

you are on the right place. when we found the november dates opened up, we posted this in here... ;)

done with my medical last tuesday. dr mascarenhas is awesome! just took longer than expected in the lifelabs for the blood draw - too many walk-ins that day. medical done in 2hrs.

green p parking conveniently located in front of the clinic.

waiting for my interview in nov 6!

see you there guys!

Awesome! I am going to see him Oct. 31st! Did you get/need your flu shot? I plan on getting it regardless, but was wondering if I should get it documented on the vaccine checklist since it only requires it from Nov-Mar and my appointment is the 31st haha. Wishing you the best at your interview!!!

Edited by klgck

Timeline
4 minutes ago, klgck said:

Awesome! I am going to see him Oct. 31st! Did you get/need your flu shot? I plan on getting it regardless, but was wondering if I should get it documented on the vaccine checklist since it only requires it from Nov-Mar and my appointment is the 31st haha. Wishing you the best at your interview!!!

I went to him a couple weeks ago as well. The staff was a little disorganized but it was not a bad experience. He asked very little questions and it was a good experience once he actually got in the room himself. We did not need flu shots as it was not November yet. :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, ScooterJones said:

I went to him a couple weeks ago as well. The staff was a little disorganized but it was not a bad experience. He asked very little questions and it was a good experience once he actually got in the room himself. We did not need flu shots as it was not November yet. :)

That's good to hear! As long as the process is smooth a little disorganization is okay I guess haha.  Also, are you gearing up and ready for your interview?! It's so soon!

Timeline
12 hours ago, scootch said:

December 4th, 11th, and 18th opened up today. 

I booked for the 4th at 7:30!

Amazing! When did you get your NOA2 ? As well once your get your Case # what were the next steps you took before knowing you were able to book the appointment? Thanks for your help! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Did anyone else get the email that the US Consulate address is changing to 1134 Sainte Catherine Ouest? Is anyone else miffed that they booked accommodations closer to Rue Alexandre? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, minails said:

Did anyone else get the email that the US Consulate address is changing to 1134 Sainte Catherine Ouest? Is anyone else miffed that they booked accommodations closer to Rue Alexandre? 

My appointment is for December 4th and I haven't heard anything.

Still seeing the Rue Alexandre address on usvisa-info.com as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.